Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: why does everyone think we are going to lose so many games this season?

Well, I for one would rather follow the odds makers in Vegas for a prediction that some dim wit sports writer, who probably loves the likes of someone like GB, Dallas, Giants, Pats....

In Vegas, the Vikings have recently taken a big jump from 75 to 1 super bowl odds to 45 to 1.... Thats huge and it tells me they are getting some love from somewhere.
    Also they had on ESPN radio, one of the best cappers known in Vegas, and he personaly thought that 45 to 1 on the Vikings was a good bet to lay some money on.

He said the D should be a top 5 D and that even though TJ and our Recievers are unproven, our RB's will be a force to reckon with and our O line should be solid. He also said, that being in our 2nd year of a West Coast Offense, we should start seeing good things and with our running game, that should help TJ and our WR's with being able to do just enough to put more W's on the board than alot of people are predicting....

I believe we can and will hit the 10 wins mark......As of note, he also said it wouldn't take much for the bears to lay an egg this season.

He said he wouldn't be suprised one bit if we finished on top of the Bears this season.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

It all depends on the coaching staff and whether they can coach the guys they have. The players are learning the WCO, not the String theory and if they cannot grasp it after 2 preseasons and a full schedule then you have to wonder what it will take to get it right.

It also is not hard to understand why they rank us so low. We had a great run defense but a poor pass defense and our offense was terrible. We addressed the defense and it should be better but the coordinator is new and you won't know for a while how he is going to make adjustments and deal with injuries when they happen which they almost certainly do. The offense was the worst I have seen from a Vikings team and we took the experienced players we had a replaced them with young draft picks and players who were on the second and third tier of talent at their positions on teams that weren't all that good. That is where the coaching staff comes in. If they can pull it together and get the players doing what they need to we have the potential to improve on where we ended up last year. If not, we can start thinking about how high we will draft next year.

3. Re: why does everyone think we are going to lose so many games this season?

All preseason pickers base opinions on paper and the previous season. Since we don't have alot of tape on TJ, and our young recievers, everyone thinks we aren't that good.

We did not "suck" last year, we were in every game 'cept the Patriots, and if Tarvaris can spread the ball to the other skill players, and we have a strong rushing attack, combined with a top tier defense, much crow will be served. Can't wait to fing out how we'll fair, but until we play a few games, I'll reserve my judgement on the Vikes. I think right now we are going to be very competitive.

"NordicNed" wrote:

Well, I for one would rather follow the odds makers in Vegas for a prediction that some dim wit sports writer, who probably loves the likes of someone like GB, Dallas, Giants, Pats....

In Vegas, the Vikings have recently taken a big jump from 75 to 1 super bowl odds to 45 to 1.... Thats huge and it tells me they are getting some love from somewhere.
    Also they had on ESPN radio, one of the best cappers known in Vegas, and he personaly thought that 45 to 1 on the Vikings was a good bet to lay some money on.

He said the D should be a top 5 D and that even though TJ and our Recievers are unproven, our RB's will be a force to reckon with and our O line should be solid. He also said, that being in our 2nd year of a West Coast Offense, we should start seeing good things and with our running game, that should help TJ and our WR's with being able to do just enough to put more W's on the board than alot of people are predicting....

I believe we can and will hit the 10 wins mark......As of note, he also said it wouldn't take much for the bears to lay an egg this season.

He said he wouldn't be suprised one bit if we finished on top of the Bears this season.....
    45 to one is still one helluva long shot as far as oddsmakers are concerned.
    Until the past couple of seasons I used to bet on the Vikes to win the bowl every year.
    It never did pay off.

I do like the optimism Ned.
    I also think we sill surpass 10 wins.
    You can categorize the fans on this site 3 ways.
    The Optimists, like us and NodakPaul.
    The realists, Webby, Ultra, Zeus and others, and the pessimists, such as still purple.
    When the season is over it is typically the realists that are right.
    The optimists are disappointed and the pessimists are the "I told you so bunch".

Blog Entries

"StillPurple" wrote:
    The reason is because we have a QB with very little experience, with bad accuracy, and who doesn't seem poised in the pocket. Tarvaris gets flustered against the Cowboys second squad defense. How do you think he will do against the Bears defense ? As far as I know, T-Jack has not faced the Bears yet, right ? I think most NFL scouts think our QB will never make it at the NFL level. That is why we are ranked nr. 27. If you can't move the chains, you can't win.

I do think Adrian Peterson will make up for this bad situaton. Let's face it, AP is so talented, that all you have to do is get him the ball. He will make things happen.

I also think most people don't realize how good our defense will be. Our defense will score points this year. I thus think that takes us up to nr. 22 or so.

But unless we deal with the QB thing, we won't win.
    I was at the game and may have missed something said on TV, but did the entire starting defensive squad for Dallas sit out the game?
    If not, then he wasn't playing against second string defenses.
    SKOL

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    The reason is because we have a QB with very little experience, with bad accuracy, and who doesn't seem poised in the pocket. Tarvaris gets flustered against the Cowboys second squad defense. How do you think he will do against the Bears defense ? As far as I know, T-Jack has not faced the Bears yet, right ? I think most NFL scouts think our QB will never make it at the NFL level. That is why we are ranked nr. 27. If you can't move the chains, you can't win.

I do think Adrian Peterson will make up for this bad situaton. Let's face it, AP is so talented, that all you have to do is get him the ball. He will make things happen.

I also think most people don't realize how good our defense will be. Our defense will score points this year. I thus think that takes us up to nr. 22 or so.

But unless we deal with the QB thing, we won't win.
    I was at the game and may have missed something said on TV, but did the entire starting defensive squad for Dallas sit out the game?
    If not, then he wasn't playing against second string defenses.
    I was outside when Paul Allen was having a smoke before the game. He said the Cowboys rested 6 starters on offense & 8 on defense.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Predictions are worthless, bring on the season!

8. Re: why does everyone think we are going to lose so many games this season?

we cannot tackle on special teams,,,,,,,,,,, that will cost us atleast 2 games this year.
    Im happy with the d and the offense...... but between the kicker and missed tackles, we are going 8-8 this season. Kevink

9. Re: why does everyone think we are going to lose so many games this season?

"KevinK" wrote:
    we cannot tackle on special teams,,,,,,,,,,, that will cost us atleast 2 games this year.
    Im happy with the d and the offense...... but between the kicker and missed tackles, we are going 8-8 this season. Kevink
    I wish I couldn't agree with you, but....with what the "special" teams has show us in the pre-season, you will be right.

"KevinK" wrote:
    I am not worried about special teams tackling right now....we cut most of the guys who made up our punting unit. We will see completely different guys making tackles on special teams in the regular season.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast