Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. why does everyone think we are going to lose so many games this season?

I was watching nfl live today. they had the division preview and they basically wrote off

our team right away. I normally dont pay attention to the predictions. but it is really

starting to piss me off. every football site i go on.(ex)-si.com power rankings 31th!

espn.com rankings 25 or 27!
    profootballweekly, says we are going 2 suck.

we should have the best running game in the league! our o-line and rb should

dominate! the defense was ranked 7th in the league last year! 1st against the run.

No1 realizes how good the pass defense, we was last in the league in passing yards but

teams came out and passed the ball like 45times a game. Our defense allowed 15

passing touchdown and we gave away 5 against the pats.
    i personally think in tj doesnt

go brad johnson and make bad decisions we can have a great year.

Re: why does everyone think we are going to lose so many games this season?

i agree i hate seeing us ranked behind teams like the browns

Thanks josdin00

3. Re: why does everyone think we are going to lose so many games this season?

I'm not surprised, but I think 31st is definitely too low. Its mainly because no matter how hard we try to disguise and sugarcoat the fact, our qbs and wide receivers are largely unproven or underachieving. Not to say we're bad, just unproven. I'm looking forward to the season, and I like Tjack and Sydney Rice's potential. I think even if Tjack is a throws as many interceptions as touchdowns, we will still be in good shape with that running game.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

4. Re: why does everyone think we are going to lose so many games this season?

Ya whats up with that? I've noticed the same thing and it kinda irks me. Oh well, we'll see how right the so-called "experts" are come middle of the season.

Blog Entries

The biggest reason is because the vast majority of our offense, including AP, are unproven.
    When making predictions, people tend to rank unproven below either good or bad.
    For some reason, a QB who is proven bad (Harrington) will be ranked higher than a QB who is unproven, like TJack.

Don't play too much into predictions though.
    Remember that the Vikes were trendy Superbowl favorites a couple of times in the past five years...
    SKOL

why does everyone think we are going to lose so many games this season?
    Because we are a team that had a bad record last year that, in the eyes of critics, did little to improve during the offseason besides the aquisition of adrian peterson.
    Our pass defense was absolutely terrible last year with no pass rush to speak of, our special teams was porous, and we lost our stud D-coordinator.

on top of that we lost some players that were seen as some of our more reliable by outsiders, such as travis taylor, wiggins, and others.
    We have an unproven 2nd year quarterback that did little to show he's ready to start last year, and didn't impress too many people in the preseason.

And i'll stop at that.

Thats why so many people think we'll do so poorly this season.
    Me on the other hand, i have purple shades on i'm hoping for 10-6

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

7. Re: why does everyone think we are going to lose so many games this season?

Don't let it bother you that they think we are bad.

We just might be.
    The odds are stacked against us.

Sometimes it is nice to have nothing to lose.
    Go out there and leave it all on the field. There are a lot of young guys that have a chance to prove themselves.

We are this year's underdog!

We have a completely unproven quarterback that few people have even heard of before, no receivers that have even had a 1,000 yard season and we were 6-10 last year.

That's why!

You'll see it here also. Check any of the Vikings prediction threads we have going here & you'll see .500 & below predictions by people who despised the mediocrity Tice had in his 4 years here.

Get used to it. We're not going to get better overnight.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

10. Re: why does everyone think we are going to lose so many games this season?

"singersp" wrote:
    You'll see it here also. Check any of the Vikings prediction threads we have going here & you'll see .500 & below predictions by people who despised the mediocrity Tice had in his 4 years here.

Get used to it. We're not going to get better overnight.
    how bout during the day??

Thanks josdin00

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast