Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Left Overs Anyone?

"ChosenOne" wrote:
    I read on Scout.com that Bobby Wade is supposed to be visiting the Vikings today.
    Woo Hoo!!!
    NOT!!!

At least he will probably come relatively cheap if we DO sign him...and it appears that he CAN catch a little.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ChosenOne" wrote:
    I read on Scout.com that Bobby Wade is supposed to be visiting the Vikings today.
    Woo Hoo!!!
    NOT!!!

At least he will probably come relatively cheap if we DO sign him...and it appears that he CAN catch a little.
    I am a little concerned about his hands... Most of the news articles I can pull up on him talk about his drops.
    If we do sign him, then I hope we spend a lot of time with our WRs working on catching under pressure...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Let's see how many of these guys are gone before I can finish this post. ** This list only encompasses the guys that have been released from a team or have been signed to a team. **

Source of Info:
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/afc-signings
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/nfc-signings

Consumed:
    Leonard Davis, T (DAL); Patrick Kerney, DE (SEA); Vinny Ciurciu, LB (MIN); Dre' Bly, CB (DEN); James Hall, DE (STL); Ahman Green, RB (HOU); Brad Johnson, QB (DAL); Fred Smoot, CB (WAS); Jason Whittle, C (BUF); Montrae Holland, G (DEN); Visanthe Shiancoe, TE (MIN); Michael Lewis, S (SF); Dewayne White, DE (DET); Aubrayo Franklin, DT (SF); Tony Pashos, OT (JAC); Adalius Thomas, LB (NE); Eric Steinbach, OL (CLE); Marcus Wilkins, LB (ATL); Dennis Northcutt, WR (JAC); Tatum Bell, RB (DET); Patrick Chukwurah, LB (TB); George Foster, OT (DET); Jake Plummer, QB (TB); Antwan Peek, LB (CLE); Kyle Brady, TE (NE); Sammy Morris, RB (NE); Wes Welker, WR (NE); Dan Wilkinson, DT (DEN);
    Damion McIntosh, T (KC); B.J. Askew, FB (TB); Joey Porter, LB (Mia); Drew Bennett, WR (STL); Travis Henry, RB (Den)

LeftOvers:

Edgerton Hartwell, LB; Matt Lehr, G; Ike Reese, LB; Gavin Tarquinio, TE; Drew Bledsoe, QB; Ryan Hannam, TE; E.J. Whitley, G; Karl Hankton, WR; Kris Mangum, TE; Kevin McCadam, S; Al Wallace, DE; Marcus Bell, DT; Tyoka Jackson, DT; Marcus Pollard, TE; Ross Verba, G; Mike Rosenthal, T; Jermaine Wiggins, TE; Ernie Conwell, TE; Joe Horn, WR; LaVar Arrington, LB; Carlos Emmons, LB; Chad Morton, KR; Luke Petitgout, T;
    Bob Whitfield, T; Antonio Bryant, WR; Adam Timmerman, G; Kenyatta Walker, T; Christian Fauria, TE; Troy Vincent, CB; Jamal Lewis, RB; Matt Bowen, S; Chris Villarrial, G; Brian Simmons, LB; Montae Reagor, DT; Brandon Stokley, WR; Bennie Anderson, OL; Kevin Carter, DE; Joey Harrington, QB; Jeno James, G; Eric Kimble, WR; Seth McKinney, OL; Randy McMichael, TE; Corey Dillon, NE; Kevan Barlow, RB; Derrick Blaylock, RB; Bobby Hamilton, DE; Patrick Ramsey, QB; Trey Teague, T; Aaron Brooks, QB; Ulish Booker, T; Verron Haynes, RB; Steve Foley, LB; Terrence Kiel, S; Keenan McCardell, WR;
    Erron Kinney, TE; Zach Piller, G

Guys in Bold would (or would have) be interesting to look at??

If you didn't see a name, check these lists for UFA and RFA.

UFA
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/afc-unrestricted
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/nfc-unrestricted

RFA
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/afc-restricted
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/nfc-restricted

jamal lewis and randy mcmichael?
    i don't think those guys fit in with Childress's good personality fits considering they're both thugs.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ChosenOne" wrote:
    Woo Hoo!!!
    NOT!!!

I am a little concerned about his hands... Most of the news articles I can pull up on him talk about his drops.
    If we do sign him, then I hope we spend a lot of time with our WRs working on catching under pressure...
    We need to hire Marques Colston's position coach at Hofstra...his drills made Colston into the surprise of the draft last year (and IMO, the REAL Rookie of the Year...giving it to Vince Young was total BS...his stats were AVERAGE at best).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Left overs are that.
    Left over.
    But I am sure we will get the one with the best attitiude.
    Corey Dillon would be a great addition for the goal line and short yardage.

in short.
    this season.
    we are screwed unless a golden apple drops to us in the draft and the golden apple doesn't take a couple seasons to ripe.
    in short, we are screwed.

No leftovers....the smell attracts flies....fresh meat from the draft only...... ;D

"OchoCinco" wrote:
    No leftovers....the smell attracts flies....fresh meat from the draft only...... ;D
    Depth is nice, rookies don't make for good depth.

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    Left overs are that.
    Left over.

in short.
    this season.
    we are screwed unless a golden apple drops to us in the draft and the golden apple doesn't take a couple seasons to ripe.
    That apple just fell in the form of Rickey Bobby, I mean Bobby Wade. Now we are finally getting quality depth at the WR position for TJ to throw to.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "OchoCinco" wrote:
    Depth is nice, rookies don't make for good depth.
    depth is nice if its QUALITY depth..ronyell whitaker provided depth at the corner spot, but everytime he was on the field, we were at a disadvantage..we need quality depth
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    Left overs are that.
    Left over.

in short.
    this season.
    Even if the golden apple falls to us, we still have to hope that Childress decides to actually pick up the golden apple. This is why I won't watch the draft this year.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!