1. Tony Richardson Update????

My neighbor is a Broncos fan by birth, and a Vikings fan by vicinity to me...so, he's mostly unbiased (I think).
    His idea was that losing Tony Richardson was where our season turned south!!
    He played in 9 games, but was injured for a few of them, as I recall, before he went on IR...?

Dugan filled in admirably for just learning the position, but Tony is still a hell of a player, how is his health??
    Back better than ever by TC?
    Anyone heard anything?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

2. Re: Tony Richardson Update????

"mountainviking" wrote:
    My neighbor is a Broncos fan by birth, and a Vikings fan by vicinity to me...so, he's mostly unbiased (I think).
    His idea was that losing Tony Richardson was where our season turned south!!
    He played in 9 games, but was injured for a few of them, as I recall, before he went on IR...?

Dugan filled in admirably for just learning the position, but Tony is still a hell of a player, how is his health??
    Back better than ever by TC?
    Anyone heard anything?
    I haven't seen anything. I agree.It seemed to be a turning point for the offense.
    But the turning point for the season was Brady showing how to pick apart the defense.
    Dugan played well the first game TR was out. I didn't see much from him after that.

Tony Richardson plays a big role in this offense. I pray he is healthy.

3. Re: Tony Richardson Update????

There was an article someone posted here -(singer maybe?)-about how there was "no off season for Tony Richardson."
    I found the article, but I don't know how to link it- it was more about his charity work than his rehab anyhow-sorry.

4. Re: Tony Richardson Update????

"x-ray" wrote:
    There was an article someone posted here -(singer maybe?)-about how there was "no off season for Tony Richardson."
    I remember that being posted but don't remember the content. I thought it refered to how busy he was and not his workout routine!
    At any rate. He was placed on injured reserve for a fractured forearm in the middle of November. It was expected to take 6 weeks to heal. He has a reputation as a player that works hard during the off season. I expect he will be fine.

I'm more concerned about, James-knee, Greenway-knee,Williams-knee, and also realize almost every player had an injury at some point last season.Mostly knee sprains.

Staying healthier this year, combined with far less penalties would improve this team quite a lot.

5. Re: Tony Richardson Update????

Richardson should be fine and like the other member said I'm more concerned over the other injuries too...

Re: Tony Richardson Update????

I don't think Richardson would make THAT

I don't think Richardson would make THAT much of a difference really. We did miss him though, that's for sure.

IMO, he wasn't being utilized correctly before he was hurt anyway!

8. Re: Tony Richardson Update????

"Ltrey" wrote:
    I don't think Richardson would make THAT much of a difference really. We did miss him though, that's for sure.

IMO, he wasn't being utilized correctly before he was hurt anyway!
    I think he did make a big difference. But you are absolutely right. He could have made a bigger difference had he been utilized better.

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "x-ray" wrote:
    I remember that being posted but don't remember the content. I thought it refered to how busy he was and not his workout routine!
    At any rate. He was placed on injured reserve for a fractured forearm in the middle of November. It was expected to take 6 weeks to heal. He has a reputation as a player that works hard during the off season. I expect he will be fine.

I'm more concerned about, James-knee, Greenway-knee,Williams-knee, and also realize almost every player had an injury at some point last season.Mostly knee sprains.

Staying healthier this year, combined with far less penalties would improve this team quite a lot.
    i actually almost forgot about james...hopefully he lives up to what we expected him to be last year

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese