Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Captain Moss?!

1. Re: Captain Moss?!

Moss, Pacman, TO...modern day pain in the a** players that coaches and owners placate.
    I am still impressed that Philly kicked TO out.
    In business, these guys would be gone; in fact, they'd be gone in high school football.

A famous Vikings player once said to me, "now that Moss is gone, we can finally bring some pride and dignity back to the Vikings."
    To me, that says it all.
    Good bye and thanks for the memories.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

2. Re: Captain Moss?!

I couldn't agree with you more, Prophet!
    This guy is never happy and all he does is complain..
    that's definitely not a leader and all I can say is thank goodness he's someone else's problem now.

Re: Captain Moss?!

"MaxVike" wrote:
    Moss, Pacman, TO...modern day pain in the a** players that coaches and owners placate.
    I am still impressed that Philly kicked TO out.
    In business, these guys would be gone; in fact, they'd be gone in high school football.

A famous Vikings player once said to me, "now that Moss is gone, we can finally bring some pride and dignity back to the Vikings."
    To me, that says it all.
    Good bye and thanks for the memories.
    yeah, because boat sex parties and drunks, and whizinators are so dignified......
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Raiders | Moss critical of Davis
    Tue, 10 Oct 2006 06:07:18 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss says he no longer seeks out team managing general partner Al Davis in order to voice his displeasure with the organization. "I've had my times the last two years that I went up there," Moss said in an interview with Fox Sports Monday, Oct.9. "Most of the times I go up there, I'm usually talking to Freddie Biletnikoff, my wide receivers coach. But going up there and voicing my opinion is like going up there and wasting time. I don't even go."

Raiders | Moss lashes out at Long
    Tue, 10 Oct 2006 05:41:43 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss was critical of comments made by former Raider Howie Long, who questioned Moss' passion for the game. "For him to take a shot at me and say that I don't have a passion for the game, I love the passion for the game. If I don't have that much passion, you tell his (butt) to come out here and put on some pads on and go at me," Moss said in an interview with Fox Sports Monday, Oct. 9. "For Howie Long to say something like that is kind of bad because he knows, as a former NFL player, what it takes to get up for a game every Sunday," Moss added. "You got to practice week in and week out. Back in them days, he was probably popping pills and tablets and all that to get them up and going."
    Sorry Randy, you said it and he was just reiterating what you said.

Raiders | Moss continues to be critical of team - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 3 Oct 2006 07:24:21 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss continues to vent his frustration towards the organization. Moss said during a radio interview Monday, Oct. 2, he is not concerned with the team's struggles this season, as the organization, in Moss' opinion, does not appear committed to winning. "I'm not concerned about football right now," Moss said during the interview. "I'm loving life. I don't see anybody else having a concern, so why should I? There are negative things going on now. I'm not the only one unhappy."

Randys the man, about time a player didn't sugar coat what he wants to say.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Del Rio Guest

I like watching Randy struggle and slip out of the record books. All the people saying "If Moss can play as many years as rice...." His years with the Raiders has totally shot that theory.

He hasn't done a damn thing to make any QB in Oaktown better and there is no way in hell Childress brings him back, unless the owner says look Brad he will bring in some $ and stadium power.

He does seem to be trying to begin a force out of Raiderville. It will be interesting to see if Al lets him go, or where he would end up.

Blog Entries

MOSS TRADE STILL A POSSIBILITY

Although many things would have to fall into place before Raiders receiver Randy Moss would be traded out of Oakland, it's our understanding that the Raiders aren't dead-set against moving him.

There has been speculation that owner Al Davis might balk at moving Moss out of town, since to do so would be tantamount to letting Moss "get his way."

And it's becoming clearer that Moss wants out.
    As he said during a weekly FOX Sports Radio segment on Monday, "If they're not going to use me right or if I'm not, depending upon what they want as far as what they're paying me, then trade me or get rid of me at end of [the] season or during the season.
    It might be good for me to go elsewhere."

There's no indication at this point, however, as to what the Raiders would want for Moss.
    And the feeling in league circles continues to be that the team is more likely to move disgruntled receiver Jerry Porter before the October 17 trade deadline.

Meanwhile, we've confirmed via various discussions with league insiders that the Chicago Bears would have zero interest in adding Moss, despite the fact that the receiver position is one of their only weaknesses.

And as to the growing throng of Vikings fans hoping for a return of Randy to the Metrodome, don't count on it.
    The new regime in Minnesota wants nothing to do with Moss.
    Coach Brad Childress got a belly full of a prima donna wideout in 2005 with T.O., and even though Moss has never been quite as disruptive as Owens, Randy causes just enough problems in a sly, subtle way to make him too much of a potential liability for a team that is trying to set a new tone.

So we continue to believe that the most likely landing spot for Moss, if any, is the Jaguars -- unless Jerry Jones proposes to Bill Parcells a compromise to the T.O. problem that includes dumping Owens and trading for Moss.

We were kidding at first about the Moss-Owens switcheroo, but the more we think about it the more sense it makes.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

"Prophet" wrote:
    Raiders | Moss critical of Davis
    Tue, 10 Oct 2006 06:07:18 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss says he no longer seeks out team managing general partner Al Davis in order to voice his displeasure with the organization. "I've had my times the last two years that I went up there," Moss said in an interview with Fox Sports Monday, Oct.9. "Most of the times I go up there, I'm usually talking to Freddie Biletnikoff, my wide receivers coach. But going up there and voicing my opinion is like going up there and wasting time. I don't even go."

T-Ho did the same thing with Jerry Jones on the sidelines against Philly!
    Why do these prima-Donna wide outs think that they can run to the owner and complain?

Do you think that Pat Williams runs to Wilf if he thinks that Tomlin isn't using him right or not enough?
    Not a frickin chance in hell and I think you show up your coaches by doing this?
    Do you think he is going to reward your complaining about him by giving you more plays?

T-Ho & Randy you are being paid huge money to play and to do what your boss (the Head Coach) says to do!
    So shut and do it!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

The Raiders are a mess.
    Moss and Porter are both right. Al Davis and crew are terrible.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Del Rio Guest

I think the Raiders are a prime example of a team NOT getting on board with the coach and resisting his every move.

I would hate to coach the Raiders, Sapp, Porter, Moss.........so many ego's.

Gonna take a special kind of coach.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast