Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Lions: Williams & Rogers drop to 3rd string.

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Lions | M. Williams dropped to third-string wide receiver
    Wed, 9 Aug 2006 00:51:16 -0700

George Sipple, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Mike Williams has been dropped to a third-string wide receiver in the team's first depth chart headed into the preseason opener Friday, Aug. 11.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lions | Rogers dropped to third-string wide receiver
    Wed, 9 Aug 2006 00:50:54 -0700

George Sipple, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers has been dropped to a third-string wide receiver in the team's first depth chart headed into the preseason opener Friday, Aug. 11.
    :sign5: :laughing3:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

2. Re: Lions: Williams & Rogers drop to 3rd string.

the jury is till out on Troy Williamson. He played like a third string wide reciever last year...

shocked?

im not

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

4. Re: Lions: Williams & Rogers drop to 3rd string.

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I would not put all the blame on him, coaching styles sometimes dont match with the players ability.

Thank you. I have been saying this for a long time now that where certain players go can easily determine if they become busts or not. Different coaches, systems, and influences from teammates can ruin some guys careers.

And it is way to early to say Williamson was a much better pick the Williams. It looks that way after 1 year, but what does 1 year mean?

I still think Mike Williams could be a good receiver in the NFL in the right system and place, provided he gets his attitude fixed. I think that has been the big key to his disappointment so far in the NFL, not his abilities.

I wouldn't read too much into these demotions though. Seems more like a new coach trying to send a message to some under preforming players with attitude problems. They are obviously the 2nd and 3rd best receivers on that team and will be when the regular season begins, provided they don't get into it with their coach and get released/traded.

5. Re: Lions: Williams & Rogers drop to 3rd string.

Man, am I glad the Vikes passed up on that guy.. Just to think, we could be having this discussion about Mike Williams while we are hearing on what an impact Troy Williamson is doing for the Lions.. No thanks, I am so happy that we have Williamson, and not Williams..

6. Re: Lions: Williams & Rogers drop to 3rd string.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Serves the lions right for drafting an overrated WR who had to take a year off of football before entering the draft.
    Speaking of someone overrated who took a year (or 2) off, how bout Clarett? Man, is he screwed. Its probably posted somewhere, I'll have to find it...
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    I would not put all the blame on him, coaching styles sometimes dont match with the players ability.

Thank you. I have been saying this for a long time now that where certain players go can easily determine if they become busts or not. Different coaches, systems, and influences from teammates can ruin some guys careers.

And it is way to early to say Williamson was a much better pick the Williams. It looks that way after 1 year, but what does 1 year mean?

I still think Mike Williams could be a good receiver in the NFL in the right system and place, provided he gets his attitude fixed. I think that has been the big key to his disappointment so far in the NFL, not his abilities.

I wouldn't read too much into these demotions though. Seems more like a new coach trying to send a message to some under preforming players with attitude problems. They are obviously the 2nd and 3rd best receivers on that team and will be when the regular season begins, provided they don't get into it with their coach and get released/traded.

He was fined over a hundred thousand last year for being late to meeting and practices and for being over weight.

He is said to have just a piss poor attitude, not his fault it's the system, right!

I would rather have Troy and Mike will be out of the NFL in 2 years.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

8. Re: Lions: Williams & Rogers drop to 3rd string.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:

He was fined over a hundred thousand last year for being late to meeting and practices and for being over weight.

He is said to have just a piss poor attitude, not his fault it's the system, right!

I would rather have Troy and Mike will be out of the NFL in 2 years.

Some(not saying all) attitudes can be changed by being with the right coaches and in the right environment. I am not saying it is definitely the place, system, and coaches around him that are responsible, however that definitely plays a role for some troubled players. I do think if he ended up in NE with a guy like Belicheck, he definitely COULD have started his career off on a different note.

I do however think he more then likely would have been trouble here too if we drafted him, with Meathead as our coach.

9. Re: Lions: Williams & Rogers drop to 3rd string.

"petrodemos" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    As rough around the edges Tice was as a coach, he was a great drafter...
    You can thank Scott Studwell and Rob Brezyniski (sp) more than Tice for our past draft picks.

Surprising though...I had heard that Rogers was quickly moving up the depth chart and looking very good in camp. Williams is a bum, of course. Who's their #1 and #2 now?
    didnt they have Roy williams and Rogers as their #1 and #2, and was mike williams always #3? thats how i thought it worked out anywyas, dont pay much attention to the kitties.
    I believe Corey Bradford is with them now. Obviously up and down with his years in Houston, but a burner if memory serves me correct. With Martz at the helm, it doesn't surprise me that Bradford maybe is passing up M. Will and Rogers... Roy Williams is sweet, only if he stays injury free though.
    Ahh PURPLE is the color of all my Dreams!! GO VIKES!! Bring us a Lombardi!!

10. Re: Lions: Williams & Rogers drop to 3rd string.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060809/SPORTS0101/608090339/1004/SPORTS

i initially was thinking #3 WR but its #5 and #6 WR playing with the practice squad. wow they suck bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12