Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    I sent a question to an ebay seller, selling a sponge bob gamecube game.....

Here is what he said about shipping..

will ship to ct you can go to usps.com and get the exact shipping cost my zipe code is 85029 the item weighs about 10 pounds

10 POUNDS? You gotta be kidding me.......
    Is he sending you a cinder block with the game or what? lmao
    My next question to him was going to ask him to ring out Sponge Bob before shipping him, that should knock off some water weight if anything......LOL

I've decided, I don't think I'll deal with this guy.....Just that something doesn't seem kosher....Sorry Lotza...LOL
    I hate those auctions where you have to calculate the shipping cost yourself it just seems shady for some reason.
    Those are more representitive of actual shipping costs & come right from eBay & not the seller.

Using calculated shipping rates
    Buyers feel much more comfortable purchasing items if they know the shipping charges. Since these can vary based on the buyer's location, many sellers have not been able to include shipping charges in their listings.

With the calculated shipping rates option, eBay automatically calculates shipping and insurance rates based on your buyer's ZIP Code. The rates display on your item listing, and they are charged to your buyers when they pay with any of your payment methods. There is no charge to use calculated shipping rates.

Amounts charged for shipping
    eBay uses a proven shipping calculator technology, provided by Pitney Bowes. All you have to do is enter the accurate shipping information, and the calculator determines the rates.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I actually invested in a scale that would weigh up to 20 lbs....Even though most Items I shipped where never even near that much weight. And if by chance the mailing was heavier that that, I'de make a trip to the post office and have them weigh it for me before posting my shipping cost.

As I said earlier, If I was using bubble wrap and brown wrapping paper, I usually added on a dollar or two for that service, but nothing else.

Most of the time my buyers paid what ever the postage was and that is that , unless they wanted insurence or delivery confirmation, then I'de add that on also, but never marking that up either...I've seen people ask for $4.00 for insurence and the actual cost was more like $2.00...

Another thing I used to offer was International Sales, I could never understand way others would take the advantage of using that market to bump up their bids also...

It's just an extra form to fill out at the USPO and I would only ask that the buyer pay via Western Union before item was shipped out..

I've sold a number of items to overseas buyers and never had a issue.......Sometimes their willing to pay much more for certain Items than you would be offered here in the States, I once posted a metal detector I had, some guy in England bought it for the original price I paid for it when it was new.....US bidders where at about 50% of the original sales price, good thing for me, there was 3 guys from England and 1 from Russia all bidding on it......They said they couldn't or it was very hard to find that certain brand of detector in their countrys, so they where very sought after......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I've sold a number of items to overseas buyers and never had a issue.......Sometimes their willing to pay much more for certain Items than you would be offered here in the States, I once posted a metal detector I had, some guy in England bought it for the original price I paid for it when it was new.....US bidders where at about 50% of the original sales price, good thing for me, there was 3 guys from England and 1 from Russia all bidding on it......They said they couldn't or it was very hard to find that certain brand of detector in their countrys, so they where very sought after......
    I sold a Randy Moss signature jersey to a guy in Canada who claimed he never received it, so I ended up refunding him his money & was out the jersey to boot.

Despite filing a claim, the USPS could not track it through customs. Once it leaves the country, the delivery is not garaunteed.

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    I sold a Randy Moss signature jersey to a guy in Canada who claimed he never received it, so I ended up refunding him his money & was out the jersey to boot.

Despite filing a claim, the USPS could not track it through customs. Once it leaves the country, the delivery is not garaunteed.
    Maybe not guarented, but it can still be insured......I've asked them that and have insured items I ship overseas.....Never had to put a claim in though, maybe I'm a lucky one, but never had a problem with any overseas deliverys......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

5. Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

i have a question, why in the world do u want that game ??? lol

SharperImage42

"SharperImage42" wrote:
    i have a question, why in the world do u want that game ??? lol
    For his 6 year old son.

7. Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

maybe he just accidently put a zero after the one? idont know im always looking for the good in people
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

"mr.woo" wrote:
    maybe he just accidently put a zero after the one? idont know im always looking for the good in people
    What he told him is, it was a typo.

9. Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

I buy a lot of things on ebay and I can asure you that 99 percent of sellers on ebay, inflate shipping prices. But sometimes, you can get such good prices that you can't walk away...

EBAY IS LIKE CRACK! I'm addicted...it's horrible.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast