Page 114 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1401

Thread: World Cup 2006

Re: World Cup 2006

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    Yeah the argentine players, but maybe not all of them. the once held responsible should be punished. they will probably get banned for some games, BTW what tournament was England threatened from?
    Every time crowd trouble rears it's ugly head, England always get targeted and were threatened with being thrown out of Euro 2000 as a result. All English clubs were banned from European competition after the Heysel tragedy in 1985 until 1990. But the notorious hooligan elements in South American football and in Italy are practically encouraged by the clubs and don't see any bans at all.

Look at Inter 2 seasons ago; they weren't thrown out of Europe after fans threw flares at Dida during the Milan derby in the Champions League.

Look at the England v Spain friendly last year; the racism chants were abhorrant and if that had happened at an English ground we'd have been banned or SEVERELY fined, no question. However, the Spanish FA only got a £44,000 fine.

I'm not saying English football didn't deserve to be thrown out of Europe after the Heysel tragedy, it had to be done and provided a great stepping-stone to eradicate hooliganism and racism in English football grounds, or threatened with expulsion due to the behaviour of fans at Euro 2000, but if you're going to be tough on racism you've got to do more than fine Luis Aragones 3,000 Euros for telling Jose Reyes that he's better than "that black shit (Thierry) Henry". Be consistent in your punishment. Aragones should have been sacked for those comments.

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Well by this point you know big teams are going to go down, So I can't really say I'm surprised, but I'm happy there were some upsets. I think England just was not good enough to go any further, and Brazil got completely outplayed. Sad that only European teams are left, but what do you expect when the Cup is in Europe and the refs are so harsh? Hopefully in 2010 an African team can make a run like Korea had in 2002. By this point I don't consider anyone underdogs, so I wanna see if Germany can win it all.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    F'n Brazilians!!! They let me down!!! France CLEARLY was the better team today!!! Go Les Bleus!!!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Yeah...I will root for Italy and Portugal...I might still be able to win some money!!! :lol:
    Who the heck are you cheering for?
    Just proves Cajun is a happy-go-lucky guy, who is happy as long as he wins some wager money :lol:
    Either that or he's a flip-flopper/bandwagon fan/frontrunner. :lol:
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

3. Re: World Cup 2006

I am so ffffffffffin pissed at Brazil. They didn't want it bad enough and Ronadinho didn't do jack.

Oh Well, Go Portugal. Goooooooooooooooallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I really don't know what to do. I can't stand that any of the teams left win.

Maybe I'll root for portugal, they are the least hateable.

Anyway even though I don't like them I have been really impressed with the french senior citizens. They still got it.
    Portugal??? They are the biggest cheaters in the entire world cup. They dive every play.
    So does the italians.

And I kind of have a history with my southern neighbouring country Germany that makes it imposible for me to cheer for them.

And then the french. Well they are just french.

I'm pulling my hair out.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

God dangit! Every team I root for gets knocked out of the cup! Sorry Benet, tough loss today.

I think from here on I'm going to have to go for Portugal, but that is only because Cristiano Ronaldo is my man-crush.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

"Bdubya" wrote:
    God dangit! Every team I root for gets knocked out of the cup! Sorry Benet, tough loss today.

I think from here on I'm going to have to go for Portugal, but that is only because Cristiano Ronaldo is my man-crush.
    You need a new man-crush, because his face is going to get re-arranged when he and Rooney meet up on United's training ground!

well for all the talent they hvae brazil dind't do anything !!!

i'm glad they got shown the door maybe it'll inspire them to be in shape.. and run??? i think now hte fav team is germany.. they are organized. fast. and strong.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

vikingTurf Guest

I drank couple beers for the exit of teams like Brazil and Argentina :lol:

9. Re: World Cup 2006

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Vikings from all over the world. Lets unite!

Beckham Quits as England Captain

Not the best way to go out, but I have the utmost respect for Beckham and give nothing but praise for the way he has conducted himself while wearing the captain's armband. He's treated it with the pride and respect that such an honour of being England captain deserves.

Now come on England, do the right thing and give it to John Terry.