Page 90 of 141 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2006

Re: World Cup 2006

We certainly know how to make it difficult for ourselves.

I also figured out why England have not been firing on all cylinders, it's so obvious we're not seeing it; we're playing to the calibre of our opponents. Of course, when we play poorly against either Holland or Portugal my theory goes out the window!

vikingTurf Guest

"Benet" wrote:

I also figured out why England have not been firing on all cylinders, it's so obvious we're not seeing it; we're playing to the calibre of our opponents
    . Of course, when we play poorly against either Holland or Portugal my theory goes out the window!
    you meant that as a joke right!!

3. Re: World Cup 2006

9 official games; Holland only won once, but everyone always thinks they will win. BAD FOUL, Ronaldo out, we are wining GOOOOOAAALL
    Vikings from all over the world. Lets unite!

vikingTurf Guest

"Benficaviking" wrote:
    9 official games; Holland only won once, but everyone always thinks they will win. BAD FOUL, Ronaldo out, we are wining GOOOOOAAALL
    Nice, one Portugal and one dutch fan in the house. It's been a good game so far, to bad Costinha had a stupid hand ball for a red card. Hopefully Ronaldo is not too seriously injured and hopefully be back(in case they make it to quarters) in time to beat England :grin:

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:

I also figured out why England have not been firing on all cylinders, it's so obvious we're not seeing it; we're playing to the calibre of our opponents
    . Of course, when we play poorly against either Holland or Portugal my theory goes out the window!
    you meant that as a joke right!!
    Totally.

It's always how England go, we play poorly against the lesser teams, then step it up against the better sides (but still don't always get the result). We're winning, but we're not rolling over teams like we perhaps should have done.

But I'll say this now, once Frank Lampard finds his scoring boots, England will score plenty.

[EDIT] Well if I wanted to watch 90 minutes of diving and petulance I'd watch Olympic gymnastics. Wake me up when Portugal and Holland stop acting like bitches and learn to play football.

vikingTurf Guest

The team to benefit most out of this chaos, ENGLAND, Lucky!!!!

7. Re: World Cup 2006

Terrible refs..

So much for me predicting anything. Congrats to Portugal, but it'll be tough with two players out for the England game.

I think the ref did what he had to do in most situation, but the players completely lost their heads in there. FIFA has made it clear where the line is for this tournement, so they should have known not to make so many stupid mistakes. That was the real disgrace of this game. And it goes for players on both teams.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

9. Re: World Cup 2006

what the helll was that? A soccer game or a WWF match? I was waiting for Hulk Hogan to come on the field and body slam somebody...

I think the ref is still handing out yellow cards and the game was over like 30 minutes ago

vikingTurf Guest

"cogitans" wrote:
    So much for me predicting anything. Congrats to Portugal, but it'll be tough with two players out for the England game.

I think the ref did what he had to do in most situation, but the players completely lost their heads in there. FIFA has made it clear where the line is for this tournement, so they should have known not to make so many stupid mistakes. That was the real disgrace of this game. And it goes for players on both teams.
    it's a shame Deco will miss the england game, and ronaldo is probably out with injury. Besides all the diving and faking, the most disgraceful moment was when Heitinga I think ran towards the Portugal goal instead of giving the ball back as a mark of sportsmanship, that started the whole chaos. Figo in my mind was another actor out there, way to go. The sight of Deco and Van Bommel sitting together summed up everything.