Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
  1. Re: QB Tavaris Jackson

o also people this pick is not going to take affect now. jackson will be lucky to take a snap next year. this pick is for about 3 years down the line and so next year you will be looking at him like a bust and want to take a qb next year but i have a gut feeling that this kid will be good!!!

Re: QB Tavaris Jackson

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I don't think people thought Tom Brady would be a starting QB either..

Give this kid a chance!!

FRICKKKK!

This is pissing me off.. No one knows anything about him.. Never watched him.. Yet everyone is disapointed..
    Its because they have not tried him out on Madden yet! :razz:
    Are you kidding me? With running ability like that, he's going to be dynamite on Madden.

3. Re: QB Tavaris Jackson

"ViKing24" wrote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hate the vikings im not a fan of them anymore they make all these stupid decisions

I just had to get that out but I hate the decisions the've made i mean im still a fan but we keep doing bad and bad and we make stupid decisions like getting this thug tavaris jackson or whatever his name is. As well as Ryan Cook I've never heard of these people. Well atleast when Tarvaris Jackson starts we will be able to get 1st overall since will be the worst team in the league. I mean what kind of bonehead decision was this I think that butter ball Fran Foley has to do alot with this.
    Hey I'm just curious, how did you come up with that assessment? I cant find it anywhere that he beats up old men or robs girl scouts. Maybe I am not looking hard enough :roll: so can you help me out and please post a link? No one has heard of T- Jacks and to be honest niether have I But after doing some research on him I see that he has won a SWAC championship, the same conference that Grambling is in. Not saying that GSU is a big time school, but... Now let's look at 2 other no-names went to small no name black schools: Jackson State gave the NFL Walter Peyton, one of the top two RB's. and Mississippi Valley State gave the NFL Jerry Rice. I am not saying that Tavaris will go down in History like those two, BUT I am not saying that he will follow in the footsteps of Sper Winn. Lets see how he fills out
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

4. Re: QB Tavaris Jackson

From an article on NFL.com by Phil Simms

THE SLEEPER
    I've watched about seven or eight quarterbacks on tape pretty closely. But in my position, it's just not easy to get enough game film. I'm not paid to do this draft evaluation; I just do it because I'm nosy.

But there was one quarterback I saw, albeit very briefly, who really caught my eye. I saw two throws made by Alabama State quarterback Tavaris Jackson, and I was really impressed. Then I saw a few more throws from him on NFL Network from his workout at the combine, and to say I was intrigued is an understatement. Wow!

It looked big-time. Not just okay or good. What little I saw looked big-time. Then I found out a little bit about him. He started out at Arkansas and transferred to Alabama State because he was going to sit behind Matt Jones and Arkansas wanted him to switch positions. So he was good enough to be recruited by a Division I-A school and he must be a good athlete if they were willing to move him to another position.

Jackson has good size, he's muscular, and has a fluid throwing motion, very fluid. He looked natural. We'll see what happens.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9393386
    Even babies know the difference.

5. Re: QB Tavaris Jackson

I like the pick. but,,

why did we not take a chance on moving up for the qb we really wanted? Linert was there! Green would have made a deal. I dont understand the Vikes you had an extra 2nd round pick to deal and you did not get the better qb in Linert.

Was there anything in the paper talking about what deals were in the work or what teams wanted? Sucks living in Colorado the sports pages suck not like the star tribune.

IS THAT BETTER!!!!!

6. Re: QB Tavaris Jackson

"Prophet" wrote:
    Ok, here's the scoop. The TOA decided to blow their picks and pick up a guy in the early rounds that they easily could have gotten in the later rounds. It's a strategy that is so secret that nobody knows about it except for the TOA.

It's amazing to me that people actually think that....did you ever consider that maybe you weren't privy to some inside information?

Some of you need to pull your heads out of your asses. Do you honestly think that a group of professionals came to a consensus to do what many of you imply they did? The only way that would happen is if there is a conspiracy (I can hear some morons going off on that theory already). It is simply amazing that someone with none of the inside information that has no clue what the long- or short-term plans are can say it was an idiotic move. Talk about myopic-one-dimensional thinking.

With every move the Vikings organization makes we can see further into their short- and long-range plans. That is what we can get from the draft. Nothing more.

Mind numbing.
    Good post!!

Nobody here has seen the "Childress team" play one down of football yet, but everyone thinks they know more about what is best for them to do. :bs:
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

7. Re: QB Tavaris Jackson

I checked out some video on Jackson at sports.yahoo.com and he looks pretty good. It's only day two and already I'm warming up to the pick.

He reminds me of Steve McNair. That's good... :cheers:

Re: QB Tavaris Jackson

All i care about is where he was at on there draft board, they rated him as the #4 QB in the draft, and 60th on the overall board, I think it was very important to move up and secure him as our future QB, and fill that void we had at QB. I like the pic, and i like the upside.

9. Re: QB Tavaris Jackson

"ViKing24" wrote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hate the vikings im not a fan of them anymore they make all these stupid decisions

I just had to get that out but I hate the decisions the've made i mean im still a fan but we keep doing bad and bad and we make stupid decisions like getting this thug tavaris jackson or whatever his name is. As well as Ryan Cook I've never heard of these people. Well atleast when Tarvaris Jackson starts we will be able to get 1st overall since will be the worst team in the league. I mean what kind of bonehead decision was this I think that butter ball Fran Foley has to do alot with this.
    ...this thug Tarvaris Jackson

Now, I hate to ask this question, but what makes him a thug, or is it merely the color of his skin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

10. Re: QB Tavaris Jackson

I heard he got in trouble alot in college as well in high school. Think through of what you said don't prejudge people. I am very offended to be called racist. Plus don't play the race car just because I say something about someone of a different race. It doesn't mean I am racist. Just be more careful of what you say.

Formerly Viking24

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast