Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Fran Foley....LIAR!

acquire donnie edwards, then fire foley..we need him to get a good deal with his buddies there in san diego..what a phoney tho..why lie? how can you honestly think that you can get away with that in the nfl? how stupid can people be?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Re: Fran Foley....LIAR!

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "donjen95" wrote:
    Who cares!
    Exactly does this affect how he evaluates talent and helps us win? No way MOVE ON media this is ridiculus!
    Hrmm lets see. His bio stated:
    4 years of College Ball
    3 years of position Coach
    3 years Director of Football Operations

When actually it was:
    2 years of College Ball
    3 years as a Grad Assistant
    3 years as a Administrative Assistant

I'm all for padding the resume, but this is "rediculous". On top of that, when he was called out for the discrepency in the amount of time he played, he had the opportunity to clear everything up. He chalked it up as a clerical error. He never cleaned up his bio and said, "This is correct." Days later the other stuff came out.

Really what pisses me off is that I was hoping Studwell got that position. He has put in a lot of blood and sweat in this organization, but we hired the Michelin Man instead. :cussing:

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Caine, I agree with you about 99% of the time but this is not one of them. Time will tell and I think that your window is too short, especially with all the new coaches/players. The new regime is building us to be a power for the long haul and its just an added bonus that we have the personel to be good next season. For some reason I have a lot of faith in the triangle and lying on a resume doesn't change my opinion.

Also, the Pep trade which you chalked up as a loss cannot be measured as such at this point. Not with his injury, the draft yet to happen and the season months away. Even after this season, we won't know if we can count it as a loss on the hands of the new regime unless Pep does something crazy like lead Miami to the Super Bowl or he has another season like '04.
    Under NORMAL circumstances, I would have given Foley the same grace period I am giving Childress - 3 years. In that span of time, throught the draft and free agency, a competant football staff will have assembled the team they believe they need to win.

The reason Foley's got dropped to a single year is that he - let's call it what it was - LIED. He lied about what he did, and he lied about the extent of his lies. Regardless of what he did in San Diego (Director of Pro Scouting), is he qualified - based upon what we KNOW - to run OUR franchise?

I don't know.

Zygi thinks so...but while Zygi is an astute businessman, is he an astute Football guy?

Again, I don't know.

What I DO know is that Rob Brzezinski and Scott Studwell are KNOWN commodities that were passed over in favor of Fran Foley. That raises my level of concern. I'm not calling for his head, and I'm not saying he should be fired. What I'm saying is that his road to success now needs to be much shorter...because he paved it with lies.

I hope - with all my Viking heart - that he comes through. I hope he's the greatest assett we ever acquired. I hope that Zygi can sit and laugh his head off yelling, "I told you so". I really do. But I'm concerned about the NOW.

On the Culpepper issue:

Culpepper needed to go...we mostly all agree on that (a few die-hard Daunte fans still disagree, and that's fine). But, the fact that he DID still has an impact. Regardless of whether or not Daunte would have even played this year, receivers wanted to come here because Daunte airs it out. Defenses sweated our passing game because Daunte throws TD's.

That's gone.

Johnson won't frighten too many Defenses. So one intangible has vanished. And receivers aren't going to flock to our door saying, "I want to be in a short passing game".

So, Daunte's departure DOES affect our team, as a whole, and not in an entirely positive manner. Daunte may never play like '04 again. He may wind up tanking and repeating '05 forever (I hope he does). But, until he does, we are still saddled with the "what if" factor...and that's not so good for us.

Hope that clarifies my stance a bit.

Caine

4. Re: Fran Foley....LIAR!

Perfectly Caine! And I agree completely! Fran Foley is a Liar and a deceiver, and Scott Studwell should have gotten the job instead of him, but instead Zygi rushed into hiring this TURD for what ever reason and now the WORM TURNS! I hope they fire that fat azzzz mf before he takes or receives any credit for the draft and the hard work that Scott Studwell and his group of scouts have done. I find it highly ironic that Wilf was touting hiring personnel of high character and esteem as part of his new management and team ethics and shortly after the LOVE BOAT incident proceeded to create a "CODE OF CONDUCT" by which all his employees would be held accountable for! Well, if Fran isn't fired than Wilf is nothing more than a liar also!

Fran Foley = Deceiver (De*ceiv"er) (?), n.

One who deceives; one who leads into error; a cheat; an impostor. "The deceived and the deceiver are his." Job xii. 16.

Synonyms -- Deceiver, Impostor. A deceiver operates by stealth and in private upon individuals; an impostor practices his arts on the community at large. The one succeeds by artful falsehoods, the other by bold assumption. The faithless friend and the fickle lover are deceivers; the false prophet and the pretended prince are impostors.

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

5. Re: Fran Foley....LIAR!

Let me play "Devil's Advocate" here for a second.

Yes his resume is incorrect, but in the system that the Vikings have established (Triangle of authority), just how much can he really hurt us, especially now that his misrepresentations are open. Surely, Wilf and the rest of the organization have heard these revelations and have discussed this issue with him. As a successfull businessman, I'm sure the Zygi will have some form of a "check and balance" system to monitor Foley and the decissions he makes, and how they are implemented.

Take a look at the whole organization for a second.

1.) We have a first time HC.

2.) We have a first time DC.

3.) We have a first time OC.

4.) We have a first time V.P. (Foley)

5.) We have a first time owner.

The list could go on and on with all the first timers we have.

In the end, it will be after next season before we will have a firm idea of what this organization actually has and doesn't, so in the mean time, let's just be supportive and hope for everything to come together.

Last thought on Foley......I'm sure that the hiring proccess with Foley included more than a couple phone calls by Zygi and his group to various talent-wise individuals within the league concerning Foley. Apparently, they like what they heard and made their choice.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

"CynicalVike" wrote:
    Let me play "Devil's Advocate" here for a second.

Yes his resume is incorrect, but in the system that the Vikings have established (Triangle of authority), just how much can he really hurt us, especially now that his misrepresentations are open. Surely, Wilf and the rest of the organization have heard these revelations and have discussed this issue with him. As a successfull businessman, I'm sure the Zygi will have some form of a "check and balance" system to monitor Foley and the decissions he makes, and how they are implemented.

Take a look at the whole organization for a second.

1.) We have a first time HC.

2.) We have a first time DC.

3.) We have a first time OC.

4.) We have a first time V.P. (Foley)

5.) We have a first time owner.

The list could go on and on with all the first timers we have.

In the end, it will be after next season before we will have a firm idea of what this organization actually has and doesn't, so in the mean time, let's just be supportive and hope for everything to come together.

Last thought on Foley......I'm sure that the hiring proccess with Foley included more than a couple phone calls by Zygi and his group to various talent-wise individuals within the league concerning Foley. Apparently, they like what they heard and made their choice.

That was supposed to be in place after the Love Boat ... now what will he do?? Totally agree, for the time and effort Studwell has put into this program he should have had the job. He's well respected across the league and would have been a terrific hire. I say one more mess up by FF, and he's gone ... no questions asked.

Del Rio Guest

Are you shitting me? Are people really pissing and moaning over this?

The biography, which the Vikings distributed when they hired Foley as vice president of player personnel, states Foley played tackle at Framingham State College in Boston from 1980 to '83. But a school spokeswoman said Foley's name appeared on the roster only in 1980 and '81.

So the guy said he played 4 years of college ball and he only played two, but was still involved with the team as a scout, which is what turned him onto the administrative side of the game.

Or is there more?

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Are you poohing me? Are people really pissing and moaning over this?

The biography, which the Vikings distributed when they hired Foley as vice president of player personnel, states Foley played tackle at Framingham State College in Boston from 1980 to '83. But a school spokeswoman said Foley's name appeared on the roster only in 1980 and '81.

So the guy said he played 4 years of college ball and he only played two, but was still involved with the team as a scout, which is what turned him onto the administrative side of the game.

Or is there more?
    If you check Caine's posts, he says it all. Foley said he had 3 successive position-coaching jobs after his time playing college ball, when in fact he was a graduate assistant for those 3 jobs. He then said he was Director of Football Operations (a pretty big title) at Rutgers, but he was in fact an Administrative Assistant.

Bottom line, he flat-out lied on his CV. He didn't even try to explain why he thought his jobs merited the positions he lied about having until AFTER everything blew up in his face. TWICE.

To be honest, if I owned the Vikings (I wish!), I'd keep Foley around til after the draft then drop him like a stone. Promote Studwell and let him get his due after all the backroom work he has done over the years. As has been said before, the Vikings KNOW about his credentials.

9. Re: Fran Foley....LIAR!

Foley did a nice job with San Diego and hefits with what Zygi and Childress want to do. That is why they hired him. Not because he was DFO at Rutgers (and that would be a negative if he was) or played football at Cortland state or where ever it was. He is a good football mind and that is why he was hired. He will do a good job here

Del Rio Guest

I guess I just don't see how it is that bad. I call myself a defensive line coach for the University of Utah. When in fact I am training to be one, otherwise officially called the the associate defensive line coach which will turn in to the graduate defensive line coach when I finish the 60 credit hours.

What do I do when I go to practice? I coach the defensive line. He stated and it has been confirmed that he held the resposibilities he claimed, he just did not give himself the correct title.

Little consequence imo. Not enough to piss ourselves over.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast