Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Re: Why does everyone want Omar Jacobs?

living in toledo, ohio and only 30 min from bowling green and home of omar jacobs. i have the opportunity to see him play during his career. besides a few good teams in the mac, its a so so division. and drafting omar in the first ( or even second ) round of the draft would be a mistake! if you dont get one of the top 3 qbs move on and fill other needs. sorry omar but your not our savior.

2. Re: Why does everyone want Omar Jacobs?

I seriously hope the Vikings don't take a QB for the sake of taking a QB. Don't force the issue. If the right guy is there, take him. I personally hope they go defense and offensive line with their first three picks. BJ will do fine with the offense this year... and hopefully it won't be a car wreck like last year, with the fundamental change to the WCO, and with an actual functioning O-line. And of course, I'm sure the Vikes will also sign a veteran backup so we can have our requisite quarterback controversy this year. God forbid we go one year without that.

3. Re: Why does everyone want Omar Jacobs?

people tend to want players based mostly on their stats and popularity.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

4. Re: Why does everyone want Omar Jacobs?

read this article....this is why i like him....and also, childress groomed most of mcnabb(as a pro)!.....

5. Re: Why does everyone want Omar Jacobs?

All I know is that there is no way Brad has 2 years, nonetheless 1 year left in him. After this season we'd be fools to keep starting him. If it were up to me we might even start our future QB halfway through the season (if we are sucking @ss).

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

6. Re: Why does everyone want Omar Jacobs?

Anyone on here who has actually watched him play, knows he has absolutely horrible mechanics. It worked for him in college, but he is gonna have to totally change his throwing motion in the NFL, much like Carr had to. I feel this has had something to do with Carr not taking off like he was expected to in the NFL(along with the lack of O-line in Houston), and will probably slow down Jacobs' growth.

Personally I think we need to be looking for a QB that is gonna be ready to start in 1 year, with Brad nearing the ending point of his career. I just feel that Jacobs is more of a project, then say Brodie Croyle. I think Croyle could come in and even play some next season, if Brad were to go down, whereas I think it will be 2 or 3 seasons before Jacobs is truely ready to start and then who knows, with him having to change his mechanics.

Re: Why does everyone want Omar Jacobs?

I've seen him play and you're right, he does throw from a low arm position. But all the scouts know this and have mentioned it in their scouting reports. But with him working with a good QB coach like Childress has on board, I don't think there is any problem with him being ready in a year or less. He has absolutely great accuracy.
    Like any QB coming out of college he has some faults, but they all do. I just believe that this is the highest quality QB we can get without trading up and I'm not ready to give away three of our picks just to move up. We need them for LB and Safeties and other holes that need filling. If Jay Cutler would for some reason drop as far as 17 I'd take him over Omar but I doubt that would happen.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

8. Re: Why does everyone want Omar Jacobs?

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I've seen him play and you're right, he does throw from a low arm position. But all the scouts know this and have mentioned it in their scouting reports. But with him working with a good QB coach like Childress has on board, I don't think there is any problem with him being ready in a year or less. He has absolutely great accuracy.
    Like any QB coming out of college he has some faults, but they all do. I just believe that this is the highest quality QB we can get without trading up and I'm not ready to give away three of our picks just to move up. We need them for LB and Safeties and other holes that need filling. If Jay Cutler would for some reason drop as far as 17 I'd take him over Omar but I doubt that would happen.

Sure Jacobs was very accurate in college, but so was Carr. The problem is, how accurate can he be, when the pro coaches mess with his mechanics and he has that uncomfortable feeling when he is throwing the ball, because it isn't natural for him? He is gonna be dropping back and thinking about his mechanics, rather then those being natural and him thinking of where the ball needs to go. This had something to do with Carr not being as accurate as he was expected to be, even though he was very accurate in college. I just see something like that stunting his growth a few years at least.

9. Re: Why does everyone want Omar Jacobs?

He was accurate in college.. but as the article said.. he rarely had to look past his primary reciever. that worries me. thats my biggest reason for making this thread.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Re: Why does everyone want Omar Jacobs?

Do you think he would have to change his mechanics though?

If he throws it and it gets there would they really change it?

It got the job done in college very well.. How would it be really different in the pros if he throws low? I'm not saying college and pros are alike.. Im just wondering how it would make a big deal?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast