Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

Miami won't pay Brees $10 mil. Unless they have changed spots, or Saban has gained more influence over Wayne. It's not their MO.

Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    Well according to this.... Tennessean

Daunte ONLY wants the Fins! If they sign Brees, CP stays here! Oh how funny :lol: , I think he needs a manager! :lol: :lol:

He was told NO when asked if he could contact the teams that were interested in him. So if he spoke to Tennessee, either the Titans are guilty of tampering or C-pep is in violation of his contract!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I know that he has complained and has made a a$$ out of himself, but with the current options for backup QB's being so poor, I say lets keep him, and make him earn the starting position back.

By that I mean, that BJ gets the job, and the only way Pepp gets a chance to be the starter again is if BJ gets hurt, or plays like crap. Maybe keeping him, and making him ride the bench will teach him to be a team player.

That is for sure a better option then Craig Nall, or JT O' Sucksalot.. That way we atleast know that in a crunch, we have a backup that we know can play good.. I am all for keeping him at this point, just as long as he is not given anything.
    It's impossible to keep him and not give him anything. He has a nice little bonus that's due on March 25. The Raiders are still trying to weasel a deal for Culpepper. I wouldn't be surprised if Nall gets signed, what is up with that meeting? Nall met with the Vikings today and they like him due to his experience with the WCO.

All I know is if we sign Nall as our backup, we are asking for trouble. He may know the WCO, but a legitimate backup he will never be. He hasn't even done much in the NFL. I would hate to see what happens if BJ were to go down with a injury. If that were to happen, and Nall is our backup, we would call it a season at that moment. When a guys greatest claim to fame is getting Brett Favre a cup of coffee, that is bad...

Brad Johnson was not a starter in College, and was a backup QB in Minny for 4 years before he got a chance to be the starter, and then he went on to become a probowler and win a SuperBowl!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

4. Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    I am not at all suprised to see that Drew Brees wants to sign with Miami.

No offense to you minnesotaians but Miami rocks and is full of hot girls.
    it also is dirty poor and run down and large parts of the city.... more then most cities.. and has the highest violent crime rate of any major us city...least favorite city ive spent any time in.

"briboy75" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:

it also is dirty poor and run down and large parts of the city.... more then most cities.. and has the highest violent crime rate of any major us city...least favorite city ive spent any time in.
    A freind of mine relocated down there for work. He said the same thing.

Its not like to see on TV he said.

6. Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

"briboy75" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:

it also is dirty poor and run down and large parts of the city.... more then most cities.. and has the highest violent crime rate of any major us city
    Minneapolis vs Miami
    we really arent much better.

Wow, the rape statistics are staggering!

I would rather live here: http://minneapolis.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm?c1=Fargo&s1=ND&c2=minneapolis+&s2=MN

8. Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Wow, the rape statistics are staggering!

I would rather live here: http://minneapolis.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm?c1=Fargo&s1=ND&c2=minneapolis+&s2=MN
    with a winter home here :razz:

on topic: hmm...nothing, sorry

9. Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    great news, DC11 will stay a viking and all is water under the bridge
    I think you need to stop denying the fact that he doesn't want to be a Viking any more. Even if he doesn't get traded, he still won't play another snap for this team. Get over it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345