Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

"Prophet" wrote:
    LOL, I agree. If he were to be signed it would be a short-term solution I'm guessing. I was reading about him and he was the NFLE's leading passer in '03 with a league high 95.9 passer rating. Click here for some other crap about him or click here for some more crap about him. He could be ok, I would take him over J.T. O'Sullivan for whatever that is worth.

I'm not saying I want him signed, but I am saying it would not surprise me.
    Ditto! A lot of GB fans at work like Nall, but they say he takes off running to easily.

People need to take a closer look at what's waiting in the wings with JT.

Hell, I think I'd rather see Nall than JT anyday.

Ferotte would be one of my first choices as back up.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Is there any confirmation on this?

Link?

Something?

3. Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    Or maybe we'll tell him to stop crying you are under contract and keep him?
    And then once he is healthy maybe put him on the trade block and see what offers are there.

4. Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    Well according to this.... Tennessean

Daunte ONLY wants the Fins! If they sign Brees, CP stays here! Oh how funny :lol: , I think he needs a manager! :lol: :lol:
    If he only wants fins than why would he stay with the Vikings?
    And he isnt welcome back so he is out of luck
    "Big names don't win big games, Big hearts win big games"--ChosenOne

5. Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

"ChosenOne" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    Well according to this.... Tennessean

Daunte ONLY wants the Fins! If they sign Brees, CP stays here! Oh how funny :lol: , I think he needs a manager! :lol: :lol:
    If he only wants fins than why would he stay with the Vikings?
    And he isnt welcome back so he is out of luck
    well he did say that if he wasnt traded, he wanted his contract terminated..so i think it is him that doesnt want to be here..basically this leaves us to trade him to oakland for whatever they give, or else listen to him whine until we release him
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

6. Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I know that he has complained and has made a a$$ out of himself, but with the current options for backup QB's being so poor, I say lets keep him, and make him earn the starting position back.

By that I mean, that BJ gets the job, and the only way Pepp gets a chance to be the starter again is if BJ gets hurt, or plays like crap. Maybe keeping him, and making him ride the bench will teach him to be a team player.

That is for sure a better option then Craig Nall, or JT O' Sucksalot.. That way we atleast know that in a crunch, we have a backup that we know can play good.. I am all for keeping him at this point, just as long as he is not given anything.
    the fact of the matter still is Daunte said "Trade me, or terminate my contract." meaning if he doesnt end up with somebody else through a trade, he demands to be released..whether we want him to be here or not, he doesnt want to be..he wants the starting job handed to him elsewhere rather than earning it here
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Well I'll be happy if Dante is forced to stay with us. Solves our backup QB problem. If he stays, hope things work out for both parties because the team will benefit.

I still think he is a franchise QB and this whole drama was a good maturing process. I hope he can pull himself out of the hole he has dug for himself.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

8. Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    LOL, I agree. If he were to be signed it would be a short-term solution I'm guessing. I was reading about him and he was the NFLE's leading passer in '03 with a league high 95.9 passer rating. Click here for some other crap about him or click here for some more crap about him. He could be ok, I would take him over J.T. O'Sullivan for whatever that is worth.

I'm not saying I want him signed, but I am saying it would not surprise me.
    Ditto! A lot of GB fans at work like Nall, but they say he takes off running to easily.

People need to take a closer look at what's waiting in the wings with JT.

Hell, I think I'd rather see Nall than JT anyday.

Ferotte would be one of my first choices as back up.

I agree Singers... My first choice for a backup if we get rid of Pepp would for sure be Gus Ferotte.. The guy did extremely well in our system, thus getting the starting job for the Dolphins... I am very shocked that we haven't gone after another QB yet. I hope they have a plan, because if they think we can go into the season with BJ, Nall, and O' Sullivan, they are sadly mistaken....

the fact of the matter still is Daunte said "Trade me, or terminate my contract." meaning if he doesnt end up with somebody else through a trade, he demands to be released..whether we want him to be here or not, he doesnt want to be..he wants the starting job handed to him elsewhere rather than earning it here
    That was how the article paraphrazed his statement (damn media). He said something like "you either trade me or release me. If neither is possible I won't have any problems fulfilling my contractual duties".
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

10. Re: Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

Maybe we'll trade Peps to Miami for Brees LOL kidding kidding...

If Brees is gone give me Schaub.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast