Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Best Hands Ever?

"smootpepper" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    grin Hey, as long as we all agree that it's not Rice, can't we all just get along? grin
    Now that you bring it up, I think a better argument would be who has better hands, carter or rice. Now thats a close call. I think carter still, but rice was way better an overall receiver.
    If your going strickly by numbers, you can't (IMO) Rice was the product of a succesful franchise pre-saraly cap era. Carter had off the feild issues early in his career and switched teams.

2. Re: Best Hands Ever?

Rice and Carter are equaly slow they both ran 4.6+ stop saying Rice was blazing fast and what not.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

Re: Best Hands Ever?

"fred3105" wrote:
    Rice and Carter are equaly slow they both ran 4.6+ stop saying Rice was blazing fast and what not.
    True.

But, he got up to full speed very quickly, that was his key.

4. Re: Best Hands Ever?

I liked when a QB threw a quick pass to Carter, still on the line, and he'd stiff arm beotch azz corners. Those were funny.

5. Re: Best Hands Ever?

As Chris Berman would say... "All Cris Carter does is catch touchdowns!"

6. Re: Best Hands Ever?

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Best hands doesn't take into account body control.

Yes, CC had amazing hands, would make one handed catches all the time.

But CC could not tiptoe the sideline and stay in bounds in the back of the end zone like Randy or Jerry.
    are you drunk or is it that your to young to drink there for you don't really remember cc. he'd catch anything with both big toes on a dime.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

7. Re: Best Hands Ever?

You left off two guys who have played in the later of Rice, Carter era. They arent the best, and between Rice and Carter im sure you who I picked, but Wayne Chrebet and Ed McCaffery had excellent hands. Especially McCaffery, during that time him, Rice, and Carter were the three best possesion receivers in the game, he had excellent hands, but nowhere near my man Carter.

Del Rio Guest

Chevelle it's called 1998

The Moss explosion. He was so refreshing to the game that we got a whole new fan base. A lot of people never watched before the moss bandwagon rolled into town. If they would have it wouldn't even be a question.

Hell I might even try and argue Anthony Carter in the list somewhere :grin: Best reciever? I don't know I would have to say Carter, I can't give my vote to someone who cares more about himself then the team.....but I could see an argument for Moss.

Best hands? NO WAY IN HELL is it Moss. I have watched that guy drop so many damn passess. I have a whole film of them my Chicago Bears buddy gave me for x-mas as a joke.

King of the push off? Moss. I'll give him that one. But all the great WR's were good at getting away with it :grin:

Prophet Guest

"Guruzen" wrote:
    I remember C. Carter most for picking up the third and longs. He was the master of picking up the first downs...even when the defenders knew that the probability of him getting the ball tossed to him in third and long was hovering around 85%.

"Guruzen" wrote:
    Buddy Ryan started that phrase, not Berman.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast