Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. Re: Toughest athlete hands down is Brett Favre.

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Yes, someone in an earlier post mentioned that Byron Leftwich is a tough guy and that is very true. He played a game with a broken leg and his OL had to carry him up the field for the next play. Man that is heart.

Yeah, Byron is the only non-Viking that I would consider one of my favorite players. Talent, work ethic, heart.

2. Re: Toughest athlete hands down is Brett Favre.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "oldschoolmikey" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "oldschoolmikey" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolmikey
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunvike
    Doesn't this thread belong in The Clubhouse, or better yet, General NFL Discussion forum!

Must be an actual X-ray of the creator of this thread's head pictured in his avatar!!!
    Excuuuuuse me! I just thought Viking fans might be interested to see Favre on top of the list.
    Why in hades would we want to see ANYTHING that glorifies a Packer? You know, it seems odd to me that everytime some misguided fool inadvertantly publishes any piece of irrelevant garbage giving the slightest amount of credit to a Packer, some Packer fan trots it on over here and posts it up thinking we'll be "interested".

NEWS FLASH....we're NOT.

While many of us respect you as opponents, we have absolutely no interest whatsoever in any non-game related tidbits which justify your outrageous claims of supremecy. Face it, we think your team sucks. We think your players suck. And we hope like hades that you finish in the cellar...if for no other reason than to shut you up.

The ONLY thing that could alter that perception is if they were to wind up a Viking (ala Sharper).

So, post this drivel on a Packer site where you might get a better response. Then you can all gather round the useless tidbit of drivel and pat each other on the back saying, "Well, we suck, but someone thinks Brett is really tough". Here, you're most likely going to get shredded.

And, finally, it almost seems defensive - in a pathetic way - when posts like this appear. Almost as if you're trying to say, "No, guys, really...we aren't as sucky as you think". Are you trying to win us over? Convert us? Gain our approval? Not gonna happen.

We will watch/talk football with you, we will compare our team to yours all day long, and we will even drink beer with you while doing the aforementioned...but we will NEVER think that the Packers do anything other than suck.

And, if your honest, you feel the same in reverse.

Caine
    Nice rant, you can step down from your soapbox now. What makes you think I am a packer fan? Did I say that anywhere in the post? I just like to read sports articles and found this one interesting. I am a fan of Favre and many other QB's in the league. I respect them for their toughness and their athletic ability. I also enjoy watching Culpepper, Vick, and Manning play. But I am not a fan of any of their respective teams. Just trying to start some decent conversation, but I guess that would be too civil for you. Oh well, I tried.
    Too civil? Puuuuuleeeeeze!!!!

Use that mush between your ears for a second. This is a VIKING fan site, not a Packer fan site. Favre is a PACKER...our biggest rival, and the team we despise more than any other.

Based on that alone, why would ANYONE think we would want to read about Favre?!?!?!?! Especially if it's something positive?!?!? Had you stopped and put 2 and 2 together, you probably would have figured out that we DON'T.

So, it's not about being "civil"...it's about thinking...which you didn't do.

As for your team affiliation, I couldn't care less. Take the Favre drivel to a Packer site where they will all slap you on the back, call you "chum", and be as civil as the day is long.

Just don't post up a pro-Culpepper article there.

Caine
    It seems to me like a lot of people were interested in reading this, including you! :wink:
    It was more like...interested in pounding your a$$ on this thread...don't confuse yourself. The real question is: Do you get the message that we are trying to send you OR are you too busy trying to congratulate yourself for getting us to pay attention to you (even if you had to use a cheap pretext to get us to sit up and notice you, the erstwhile "Man without a Country...or in this case, "Fan without a Favorite Team"). If you don't get the message, then you might try becoming a Packer fan...they are about your intellectual level.
    Pounding A$$??? No matter how mad I get, I never conjure up man on man fantasies. What's up with that?

Del Rio Guest

Re: Toughest athlete hands down is Brett Favre.

LMAO ^

The thread did spark some convo. I have no problems with it. Just dont act surprised the reaction. If you posted the link and said check it out.....nothing would have been said.

You agreed Favre was the man. And even though that might be true, on here your gonna get some heat.

Stop quoting each other damn. A caine/cajun quote fills my screen we know who is involved in the banter at this point :grin:

4. Re: Toughest athlete hands down is Brett Favre.

Who put this list together? "Tough-guy" Allen Iverson??? Annika "the Beefy Swede"??? You should've listed George Brett on there too for toughing it out with the hemoroids sometime back in the 80's. Madden and Michaels must've collaborated on this list. I guarantee that if you add Curt Schilling, it becomes a landslide in Schilling's favor (despite being notably tough for only a few games). How about a vote on the athlete who throws the most frivelous interceptions? Spurgeon Wynn could be on the ballot too. Give the Farve love affair a rest. If I was putting together a team from today's players, he wouldn't even make my top ten for QB. That's not because he's a Packer; it's because he's no good.

My vote for tough guy: Chris Walsh. Not THE tough guy but very tough, nonetheless.
    "Usually the team that scores the most points is going to win it." - John Madden

5. Re: Toughest athlete hands down is Brett Favre.

Darius Kasparaitis is the toughest athlete I've seen. He's an undersized NHL Defensemen that is an enforcer. He broke his nose when he got hit with a shot in the second period He had 15 stitches put in between periods. Of course he played in the 3rd period. There was the other time he played with a fractured foot and wore a skate a size bigger than normal so he could physically get it in the skate. Hockey players should make up 5 of the top 10.

"Lundar" wrote:
    Darius Kasparaitis is the toughest athlete I've seen. He's an undersized NHL Defensemen that is an enforcer. He broke his nose when he got hit with a shot in the second period He had 15 stitches put in between periods. Of course he played in the 3rd period. There was the other time he played with a fractured foot and wore a skate a size bigger than normal so he could physically get it in the skate. Hockey players should make up 5 of the top 10.
    8 of the top 10 IMO.

Caine

7. Re: Toughest athlete hands down is Brett Favre.

caine, who else would you put in your top 10?

"oldschoolmikey" wrote:
    caine, who else would you put in your top 10?
    That's a toss up...but I'd be hard pressed to limit it to 10 Hockey/Football players. So many guys have played through pain...Favre isn't the first...or even the toughest.

How about Jim Marshall? Week after week, year after year, he played up front taking on big O-Linemen...never missed a game.

And virtually every Hockey team has a couple grinders taht are playing while held together with athletic tape and heart. Pronger, Andreychuk, St. Louis, Probert, Domi, Hull, Howe, the list goes on.

Favre is tough, but the TOUGHEST???? No way.

Caine

Going back to the ? on the front page, I'd say Lance Armstrong. He's one tough mother, going through cancer and performing as well as he does in the sport that he does makes him pretty high up there.

10. Re: Toughest athlete hands down is Brett Favre.

I think Pronger is one of the toughest in hockey, and in football (besides Favre) I have always thought Dick Butkis or Jack Lambert. Linebackers from the 60's and 70's were tough.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast