Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ontario smith

1. ontario smith

I feel Ontario Smith is a quality running back dispite his drug offenses. Im sick and tired of all the weed jokes about the man. I mean yea its annoying for us fans when our players get into trouble but i mean, i bet we would be suprised by the number of players that do drugs but just dont get caught. I mean i understand the frustration but i mean im not ready to give up on him just yet.

2. ontario smith

I don't think any of the 3 backs are the right fit for this team. They all whine about playing time. MM OS and MB.
    You republican whore!

ontario smith

Noone is ready to give up on him, and we all cut him slack ONCE, the problem is that it appears less than a year later he may be looking at a HUGE suspension and after that could get in serious trouble if caught again.
    I love Onterrio on the field and think he could be a quality back, but he needs to get his act together.
    Sure plenty of other players do the same things, but there is one key element THEY DON'T GET CAUGHT. He needs to stop or be more careful, that simple.
    If we put all of our money on him and he gets suspended for lenghty periods then it does not matter how good he is.

ontario smith

By the way, don't forget that Onterrio had plenty of time last year and did not produce ONE 100-yard rushing game. The only player on the team that had 100-yard rushing performances was Mewlede with 109 one week and 138 another. That is something we need to improve on.

5. ontario smith

yea good points...even tho he didnt have 100 yard rushing games i belive he had i good amount of recieving yards..i think one game he had a 60 yard td reception....i know i know mewelde gets alot...more total yards but i still think mm needs another year..than he should be ready

6. ontario smith

keep Mewelde and smith, sorry bennet but ur too injury proned......

ontario smith

O is a great back, but this weed issue has followed him since TN.

ontario smith

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I don't think any of the 3 backs are the right fit for this team. They all whine about playing time. MM OS and MB.
    Dan Barreiro (A T.C. sports radio personality) commented on the 4 "quality backs" of the Vikings (including Moe)... he said if you think you have 4 "quality backs" in reality you have NONE. There are 3 genuine quality backs in the draft. It's nice to keep our options open and be open to trading any of our backs to improve our situation.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

9. ontario smith

The lack of 100 yard games had nothing to do with the running backs. INJURY and DEFENSE was the reason. Birk, Withrow, Lewinski, Rosenthal, Mckinnie, Dixon, Goldberg, Haayer, Dorsey. That is 9 different starters on the O-Line last year. All three running backs missed time due to injury last year. Not to mention the loss of the best blocking TE in the NFL missed the entire season.
    The defense gave up points so fast the offense had to throw the ball a majority of the time and that also attributed to the lack of 100 yard games.
    We dont need a RB,last year O Smith, M Bennett, M Moore and M Williams averaged a combined 4.8 yards per carry last year. What is a rookie going to do for us ????
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

10. ontario smith

"ndakvikefan" wrote:
    The lack of 100 yard games had nothing to do with the running backs. INJURY and DEFENSE was the reason. Birk, Withrow, Lewinski, Rosenthal, Mckinnie, Dixon, Goldberg, Haayer, Dorsey. That is 9 different starters on the O-Line last year. All three running backs missed time due to injury last year. Not to mention the loss of the best blocking TE in the NFL missed the entire season.
    The defense gave up points so fast the offense had to throw the ball a majority of the time and that also attributed to the lack of 100 yard games.
    We dont need a RB,last year O Smith, M Bennett, M Moore and M Williams averaged a combined 4.8 yards per carry last year. What is a rookie going to do for us ????
    Mewelde was able to get 100 yerds with the injurys and defense....he was a rookie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast