1. Tark 10-The new GM

i was looking at our roster and thinking what would Ricky do this off season so I thought I would put myself in his shoes and this is what I came up with so far. Please keep in ind that players are going to blow up the combine and others will fall so this is very early on in the process.

The first issue we have is free agency, who to keep and who to let go. We have to decide what are our needs so I would go in order of importance so without further ado: our weak areas are QB, G, 3Tech, T, CB, S.

who I would keep is (Bradford-I will get back to him), Berger if he doesn't retire, Newman, Johnson.

I would let Harris, Shankey, Brock, McKinnon, Floyd, Stephens, Lamur (maybe keep him if he sign a team friendly deal), Bridgewater, and Keenum walk.

The first thing I would do in free agency is go hard after Brees. if we can't get him and Bradford's knee is healthy I would sign him to an 18 million dollar contract. I know he is not reliable so I would sign McNown for about 6 million.

The second move I would make is trade for Joe Thomas, I think the Browns were looking for a second round pick last year. I wold offer a third this year (a year older and coming off an injury).

The third move would be to sign Norwell and then Dontari Poe.

We have almost 60 million in cap space so I would front load Brees' contract and pay him up front for roughly a $70 million, 4 year deal. if that doesn't happen plan B would be to sign Bradford and McNown.

Sign Thomas to a front loaded contract (40 million) also. The first year (11 million) he could earn up to 14 million with incentives, 32 million guaranteed.

Sign Norwell to a similar contract as Thomas (36 million) over four years. 12 to 14 million the first year.

I would try to sign Poe to a 32 million, 4 year deal.

Now i would look to the draft to add depth.

Round one Ricky always trades down and so will I.

Trade- TB our first for their 2nd and 4th.

Trade - Denver our 2nd for their 3rd and 5th.

Trade- SF for TB 4th for their 5th and 6th.

Draft

Round 2 (from TB)- Billy Price G - OSU

Round 3 (From DENVER) - Arden Key DE - LSU

Round 4 - (from NYJ) Holton Hill CB - Texas

Round 5 - (From SF) - Da'Shawn Hand DT - ALA

Round 5 - Mike White QB - Western Kentucky

Round 6 - (From SF) - Brett Toth OT - Army

Round 6 - Will Clapp G - LSU

Round 7 - Austin Roberts TE - UCLA

So our 2018 Minnesota Vikings would look like this

Defense - Rhodes, Smith, Sendejo, Waynes/ Hill
    Barr, Hendricks, Gideon
    Griffin/Key, Poe/Hand, Joseph, Hunter.

Offense - Rudolph, Thomas, Norwell, Elflein, Remmers/Price, Reif/Hill.
    Diggs Bradford/ McNown Theilen
    Cook/ Murray

I think that is a much improved team and will be in the hunt this year and years to come if they front load the salaries of the free agents. We will be right up against the cap this year but if they are front loaded contracts it will free up money the next few years to sign our upcoming free agents from our team. Just a few thoughts to get the Vikings to the super bowl and our first Lombardi trophy.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 02-20-2018 at 02:34 PM.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    i was looking at our roster and thinking what would Ricky do this off season so I thought I would put myself in his shoes and this is what I came up with so far. Please keep in ind that players are going to blow up the combine and others will fall so this is very early on in the process.

The first issue we have is free agency, who to keep and who to let go. We have to decide what are our needs so I would go in order of importance so without further ado: our weak areas are QB, G, 3Tech, T, CB, S.

who I would keep is (Bradford-I will get back to him), Berger if he doesn't retire, Newman, Johnson.

I would let Harris, Shankey, Brock, McKinnon, Floyd, Stephens, Lamur (maybe keep him if he sign a team friendly deal), Bridgewater, and Keenum walk.

The first thing I would do in free agency is go hard after Brees. if we can't get him and Bradford's knee is healthy I would sign him to an 18 million dollar contract. I know he is not reliable so I would sign McNown for about 6 million.

The second move I would make is trade for Joe Thomas, I think the Browns were looking for a second round pick last year. I wold offer a third this year (a year older and coming off an injury).

The third move would be to sign Norwell and then Dontari Poe.

We have almost 60 million in cap space so I would front load Brees' contract and pay him up front for roughly a $70 million, 4 year deal. if that doesn't happen plan B would be to sign Bradford and McNown.

Sign Thomas to a front loaded contract (40 million) also. The first year (11 million) he could earn up to 14 million with incentives, 32 million guaranteed.

Sign Norwell to a similar contract as Thomas (36 million) over four years. 12 to 14 million the first year.

I would try to sign Poe to a 32 million, 4 year deal.

Now i would look to the draft to add depth.

Round one Ricky always trades down and so will I.

Trade- TB our first for their 2nd and 4th.

Trade - Denver our 2nd for their 3rd and 5th.

Trade- SF for TB 4th for their 5th and 6th.

Draft

Round 2 (from TB)- Billy Price G - OSU

Round 3 (From DENVER) - Arden Key DE - LSU

Round 4 - (from NYJ) Holton Hill CB - Texas

Round 5 - (From SF) - Da'Shawn Hand DT - ALA

Round 5 - Mike White QB - Western Kentucky

Round 6 - (From SF) - Brett Toth OT - Army

Round 6 - Will Clapp G - LSU

Round 7 - Austin Roberts TE - UCLA

So our 2018 Minnesota Vikings would look like this

Defense - Rhodes, Smith, Sendejo, Waynes/ Hill
    Barr, Hendricks, Gideon
    Griffin/Key, Poe/Hand, Joseph, Hunter.

Offense - Rudolph, Thomas, Norwell, Elflein, Remmers/Price, Reif/Hill.
    Diggs Bradford/ McNown Theilen
    Cook/ Murray

I think that is a much improved team and will be in the hunt this year and years to come if they front load the salaries of the free agents. We will be right up against the cap this year but if they are front loaded contracts it will free up money the next few years to sign our upcoming free agents from our team. Just a few thoughts to get the Vikings to the super bowl and our first Lombardi trophy.
    Don't have the time to post what I would do, but don't hate your thoughts here.

I would not have a huge problem with Bradford/McCown and I also would LOVE to see us target Brees. I think a third round pick would be too much for Joe Thomas, but if that is what is took to absolutely get a deal, I would be inclined. Also would love the Poe/Norwell moves.

Brees won't be available. He will stay with the Saints. Cousins will be the guy we could go after however I doubt that as well. The lesson from this Super Bowl is that a backup QB can win if he has a good team to back him up. I think we will pick two of our existing guys and work on the Oline again this season.

WWBGD

4. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Brees won't be available. He will stay with the Saints. Cousins will be the guy we could go after however I doubt that as well. The lesson from this Super Bowl is that a backup QB can win if he has a good team to back him up. I think we will pick two of our existing guys and work on the Oline again this season.
    I agree that Brees will stay with NO but here are two reasons to go after him hard. One, he may say that he wants to stay but you know from experience once money is thrown on the table things change. We may be willing or able to pay more then NO is will to offer. Two, even if he stays with NO if we offer him significantly more then NO they will have to pony up more money for him and that leaves less money for the other players they want to sign.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

5. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Good post! Agreed that there is no way Brees leaves NO. My gut tells me we will sign Keenum to a good deal but not overpay him, and also keep Bridgewater as the backup. I think we let Bradford go and some team will pick him up and roll the dice with him.

We need to save that money for O-line help, and don't forget about the D-line! It was not very good the last few games of the season (little to no pressure on the QB). We need another pass rusher on the line besides Griffin.
    Skol !!!