Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    My point is I could care less what Elway thinks. I care about what our coaches think. There is a reason he is on the roster. If he is good enough to play he will get his chance.
    Spot on. Elway matters not to the argument at all.

And, I certainly remember how great Tyler Thigpen was, John David Booty, Taylor Heinicke, McLeod Bethel-Thompson, etc. were all great and gonna show us when they got a chance!

Could Sloter be better than those guys ... sure ... it's possible. But it is highly unlikely.

I found this interesting. If Bradford is out skiing I think his knee therapy this last year may have been successful in which case I wouldn't be surprised to see him under center at the beginning of next season for us. I am still holding out for Keenum and Bradford as our QB's.

"After the Vikings season ended, Rudolph delayed the surgery so he could participate in previously scheduled golf and ski trips. Rudolph and quarterback Sam Bradford hit the slopes together.
    “We realized after the first day on the mountain that we had to be doing it all wrong, because you see – we like to consider ourselves pretty decent athletes – and when you see other, older people on the mountain just casually skiing and going all day, and we were dead after a run or two, just our legs,” Rudolph said. “We’re not in ski shape, so he actually went out and took a lesson after I left, just to try to become more of an efficient skier. I’m a very, like, leisure skier. … But it was fun. It was a good time for us to kind of get away a little bit after the season.”

WWBGD

Looks like we are makin the play for Cousins since Teddy, Case and Sam have all signed with other teams.

WWBGD

4. We got Cousins. I hope it works out. 84M for three years all guaranteed. I hope he's the man to take us to the promised land. If not it's going to hurt for awhile.

We better beef up the line to keep him healthy.

WWBGD

6. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    We better beef up the line to keep him healthy.
    QFT! Bottom line.

I think Cousins may be the guy that takes us to the promised land. In listening to his interview I don't think he was seriously considering any other teams. Also I like the fact he went out and bought a purple and gold tie for his interview. Shows attention to detail. I am already looking forward to next season.

WWBGD

I think Cousins may be the guy that takes us to the promised land. In listening to his interview I don't think he was seriously considering any other teams. Also I like the fact he went out and bought a purple and gold tie for his interview. Shows attention to detail. I am already looking forward to next season.
    Lol, I assure you that tie was given to him.

All that said, this is the case of you can't please everyone. When we went and got Brett Favre to replace Tarvaris Jackson, people moaned that they didn't want a stopgap QB. They wanted a franchise guy! Not someone old and done (Cunningham, George, Moon, etc.). Then win Ponder sucked they wanted anybody. Then when Teddy was looking ready to take the reigns and got his knee destoryed, Bradford was a HUGE mistake, we should go with ... Shaun Hill

Now, with Cousins, people whine about the "money." It is a valid complaint, sure, but c'mon. What do you want? Are we only happy if we have Tom Brady for $13 million?

This is a GREAT signing. It shows that we are committed to winning now and that we want to acquire the best pieces we can to do so. By almost any logical measure, Cousins is better than the guys we had. They went and got him and we are clearly contenders.

You can't win all the time, in fact, winning is still a longshot, but now it is a BETTER shot than it was.

That is all you can ask a team to do for you. I am looking forward to it. Skol!

I read that his wife ordered the tie online for him, had it shipped overnight, so he would have it for the interview.

WWBGD

I read that his wife ordered the tie online for him, had it shipped overnight, so he would have it for the interview.
    Lol ... could be true. I could see Cousins being like, "Ricky, can I get a tie?" and Ricky being like, "You can buy $86 million of them at the dollar store, buddy."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast