Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Who's the QB for 2018?

As we know all 3 are out of contract, personally I'd stick with Keenum whether it's with the tag or a new contract. Ideally I'd try to keep Teddy as well although that's maybe a bit of a stretch when he hits the open market. Bradford for me is to much of an injury risk to keep hold of.

2. We could make a bid for Brees, who took us to the shed. Lotsa bux however.

3. Franchise tag Keenum. See if he can be successful again or if this year was just a fluke.

Let Bradford and Teddy walk.
    Skol !!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    Franchise tag Keenum. See if he can be successful again or if this year was just a fluke. Let Bradford and Teddy walk.
    Not for $23m... you're crazy! I like Case but only for the right price... a lot of QB's available with his ability.

Kirk Cousins would flourish here. I don't love him, but I think with this set up he would be great.

I don't HATE the idea of Brees, but that is only two years. Cousins would be for about 6 at least I think.

I also don't hate Keenum/Bridgewater. I think with our cap room we could easily franchise Keenum and resign Bridgewater for a year and see what happens.

Not sure how it all plays out. But it was a fun season. We control the cards because of the franchise tag and our cap room.

It will partly depend on who our new OC is when Shumer heads to New York.

WWBGD

Too bad Nick Foles isn't available. He's ovbviously the greatest QB of all time
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    Too bad Nick Foles isn't available. He's ovbviously the greatest QB of all time
    Feels like it doesn't it ... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    Too bad Nick Foles isn't available. He's obviously the greatest QB of all time
    He did go to a Pro Bowl. Some quarterbacks do better in one system than another or have good players around them in one place but not another.

Keenum's 2.73 second to throw was 27th in the NFL. The offensive line is better, but it was still mediocre.

Against the Eagles, Keenum was pressured 48% of the time.

My posts at the beginning of the season indicated that the Vikings were still lacking depth on the offensive line and defensive secondary, and both areas cost the team in the playoffs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast