Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Keenum's 2.73 second to throw was 27th in the NFL. The offensive line is better, but it was still mediocre.

Against the Eagles, Keenum was pressured 48% of the time.

My posts at the beginning of the season indicated that the Vikings were still lacking depth on the offensive line and defensive secondary, and both areas cost the team in the playoffs.
    Keenum's first INT was due to pressure on the outside that got just enough of his arm to take off the velocity and cause an easy pick. His fumble was also due to pressure that was not picked up by the O-line.

O-line needs the most upgrades during the offseason. That and we need get more consistent pressure on the QB by our front 4. Seems like after Griffin hurt his foot he was not nearly as explosive.

Keenum was 12-4 as a starter, losing to the Steelers (don't really count this one as he had no time to prepare beforehand), Lions (lost Cook that game who also fumbled on the same play), Panthers (good team on the road and had a chance to win at the end), and the Eagles.

Build around Keenum as he has shown he can win games and is still relatively young (just don't overpay him). Heck we had the second best record ever in the history of our team.
    Skol !!!

I'm not convinced Keenum can make the big throws deep.

I would have liked to see Bridgewater and Sloter play in mop up time to see what they can do.

3. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Kirk Cousins would flourish here. I don't love him, but I think with this set up he would be great.

I don't HATE the idea of Brees, but that is only two years. Cousins would be for about 6 at least I think.

I also don't hate Keenum/Bridgewater. I think with our cap room we could easily franchise Keenum and resign Bridgewater for a year and see what happens.

Not sure how it all plays out. But it was a fun season. We control the cards because of the franchise tag and our cap room.
    I would go for Brees if we could pull him away from NO, we could sign him to a four year deal. You are only going to get those other QBs for about the same amount of time. Other than Bridgewater all those QBs will be in their Mid thirties by the end of a four year deal. He is by far the best scenario for us. Keenum is not a good fit for 21 million and now Shurmur is gone will he even be a good QB, he was average with the Rams. Other than Brees, I would put about 17 million out on the board and see who bites first.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

4. Anybody interested in going after AJ McCarron? Could be the franchise quarterback we need, and cheaper than Cousins.

5. Well it looks like we're going all in to sign Cousins. Definitely an upgrade at the position but at what price? If we don't land him look for one of our current 3 QB's to be the starter.
    Skol !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    Well it looks like we're going all in to sign Cousins. Definitely an upgrade at the position but at what price? If we don't land him look for one of our current 3 QB's to be the starter.
    Source on Cousins?

I think it is definitely possible we look at him, but yeah ... I think pretty much everyone has said that it is Cousins or one of our current bunch, except for the longshot of Brees.

7. I'd like to see what we have in Sloter. He's got a live arm. Don't know if he can read defenses yet but the arm is there. Elway liked his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I'd like to see what we have in Sloter. He's got a live arm. Don't know if he can read defenses yet but the arm is there. Elway liked his potential.
    And we all know what a great job Elway has done in Denver with the QB situation there.

WWBGD

9. And your point is what. He's on the roster so forget him. We paid him more than most to come over. Probably deserves a look see .....

Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    And your point is what. He's on the roster so forget him. We paid him more than most to come over. Probably deserves a look see .....
    My point is I could care less what Elway thinks. I care about what our coaches think. There is a reason he is on the roster. If he is good enough to play he will get his chance.

WWBGD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast