Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We suck

1. This one is on Coach Zimmer. I love him but his defense imploded in the 2nd half of the Saints game and through the whole Eagles game. This team was not even close to being ready for the Eagles. Very dissapointed. This was our window. Now we lose the best offensive coordinator we've had in like forever. All 3 QB's are free agents and from the looks of it, defensive players who can't perform on the biggest stage. I was so upset, I turned the TV off in the 3rd quarter. I felt if they don't care, why should I. Been a fan since the 60's. Seen it all, but this one was too much to take.

2. Maybe next year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. A View Post
    Let's face it, Saints would have given Philly a game. We fluked into it. Brees would have taken them apart.
    Well Vikings fans, some of you trolled the Saint's fan forum and our on-line newspaper comment sections with your arrogance and rudeness. EVERY article had a Viking's fan bashing the Saints and the fact we lost, and even our city. Well how does it feel to be on the losing end now!!!! At least our beloved Saints almost beat your team. Your guys couldn't even make it an interesting game. You got a good ole BEAT DOWN!!!! I'm not here to stoop to the level of the posters that came on my team's forums, but I'm here to congratulate your team on one hell of a season. We both have next year to be super excited about. All fan bases have arrogant and rude fans but I have to say some of your guys won the arrogance award after we played each other. You guys went from the Minneapolis miracle to the Philadelphia failure!! Looking forward to playing you next season. But hopefully there will be a little more class when we do. WHO DAT AND SKOL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersaint View Post
    Well Vikings fans, some of you trolled the Saint's fan forum and our on-line newspaper comment sections with your arrogance and rudeness. EVERY article had a Viking's fan bashing the Saints and the fact we lost, and even our city. Well how does it feel to be on the losing end now!!!! At least our beloved Saints almost beat your team. Your guys couldn't even make it an interesting game. You got a good ole BEAT DOWN!!!! I'm not here to stoop to the level of the posters that came on my team's forums, but I'm here to congratulate your team on one hell of a season. We both have next year to be super excited about. All fan bases have arrogant and rude fans but I have to say some of your guys won the arrogance award after we played each other. You guys went from the Minneapolis miracle to the Philadelphia failure!! Looking forward to playing you next season. But hopefully there will be a little more class when we do. WHO DAT AND SKOL!!!!!!!
    Can you blame some of our fans after the last time we lost to you in the playoffs?? That was the year of the bounty-gate fiasco of your team. A lot of Vikings fans still hold that against your team. Just sayin.....

WWBGD

Wow, see some old familiar names in this one......

This old yutz seems to think we lost for three major reasons......

a. Team was not ready. Like it or not, this is the first time I've seen a Zim team not ready to play. Even when we were battling injuries across the team, they were still competitive because we had a coaching staff making them competitive.

b. Injuries to Rhodes and Sendejo were bigger than expected. We can absorb one of them gone/dinged, but not both.

c. Kindof synchs with item (a) above, but we shoudn't have let our O-coord interview/take time to get ready to get a new job. Offense was just not ready and couldn not adjust to ingame adjustments made by Iggles.

Chalk it up as a learning experience for this staff and team. It will be corrected and with a few changes, this team will get us back to at least to the NFC championship and beyond next year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    We got mauled up front ... which I knew could happen to our offense, but I was shocked at our complete inability to get to Foles. That Eagles line is legit and extremely well coached and drawn up.

I feel pretty good about the year overall, especially if we continue to add to the O-line in the offseason, but that was a tough one to watch yesterday. Severly outcoached. I thought we might lose, 50/50 or whatever, but never would have predicted that mauling.
    All on the coaches. Just were not ready. Game plan was off and we couldn't (for the first time under Zim) seem to make in-game adjustments.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Supersaint View Post
    Haven't been on for quite some time. Love that we still allow other teams fans on for "Good" discussions.

You won't see this old yutz blaming the Saints for that loss. I also don't blame the refs.

Our offense was manhandled by your defense. The refs allowed your guys to play hard nosed, old school football. Like in baseball, if the opposing teams pitcher hits a batter, your teams pitcher hits a batter and then that crap quits.

Our defense should have hit just as hard and it would have quit. I remember Jared Allen saying pretty much the same thing........his excuse was he didn't know your defense was doing it. Kindof lame if you ask me. How could he not know it.

In the end, football is football. If you want to win, you line up, put a helmet on a guy and play him as hard as he's playing you and let the best team win.

SKOL to you for coming around and discussing. I'm a yutz who loves to talk football with people who like to talk football or at least want to learn about the game.

Ultimately, it appears as though the miracle was just that. A miracle. That Eagles thrashing was exactly what it appeared to be. The Vikings were outclassed in Philadelphia.
    Period. It only shows that the Vikings have more work to do though. This season was far better than I anticipated and I am pleased with how the team performed up until the second half of the Saints game.

Time to regroup and get better!

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Can you blame some of our fans after the last time we lost to you in the playoffs?? That was the year of the bounty-gate fiasco of your team. A lot of Vikings fans still hold that against your team. Just sayin.....
    Yeah... That victory against the Saints was about as cathartic as it could be for any Viking fan still upset over bounty-gate. Putting an effort into actually hurting your opponent to win is chicken shit. There's no two ways about that at all. It doesn't surprise me in the least that some douchebag Viking fans gloated all over Saints' fan sites.

As far as I am concerned now... The Saints and myself as a Viking fan are square. The Saints probably had a decent shot at winning a Super Bowl this season. They took a gut punch loss in Minnesota after they WON that game. I don't feel bad for anyone in the Saints organization. Least of all Sean Payton who not only turned a blind eye to bounties being used to incentivize his defense but he also mocked the Vikings' SKOL chant in their own building. So, yeah, screw you, Payton! Enjoy your SKOL chant because it became all about you taking what was a NFL first walk off playoff touchdown loss in epic fashion.

Perhaps, next time Payton should save his SKOL chant for after the clock reads 0:00.

9. Hard to say "we suck". The Vikings just aren't quite good enough, yet.
    I can only pray the coaching staff realizes that moving two people to new positions on the O line, when you only have one person injured has been a disaster two years in a row. Sounds good in theory to play your 'best' linemen. It doesn't work. If one player gets injured, put in his replacement.
    I also think the defensive line wore out. Granted they were playing better teams at the end of the year, but they weren't getting much pressure at all. They need to rotate more to keep their players fresh. Philly does a great job at that.
    They could use another O-line starter, 3 technique DT, a CB, a RB, and maybe a developmental QB, depending on what they think of Sloter.
    The QB situation will be viewed as a bad decision by by many message board warriors no matter how it turns out.
    I thought Shurmur was amazing. Zimmer still needs to find a way to keep his team fresh and healthy for a play off run.
    The Vikings aren't quite there yet. But besides pissing down their leg at Philly, they don't suck.
    It was a great season. Can't wait until next year.

Yeah as really think it is about getting that of a franchise QB. As that is the fact there. But who will the team sign.
    Back to School!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12