Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Predictions Saints/Vikings

To be quite honest, I still am pissed off from what happened in 09. As much as I would love to blow them out, I don't think it'll happen. Gotta give respect to Brees, easily one of the best QB's that's ever played the game.

Saints 17
    Vikings 24

Vikings 35
    Saints 20

WWBGD

No one can run against us, so it will be up to Brees to heave it. It will come down to our 2ndary and pass rush.
    We canít afford to get into a shootout with them.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

I feel like we win this one going away.

Their defense is overrated because, frankly, the NFC South offenses all were not that great this year. Brees is obviously a hall of famer who can still make some great throws, but he also throws ducks, and our safeties will make him pay for that.

This game will be personal for the Vikes despite almost none of them being on that 2009 team, they will want to bash Brees in. And our defense continually gets underrated. Remember how the Rams were going to put up points on us? Remember the high-flying and red hot Falcons? Remember what we did to the Saints in Week One?

Our defense is next level elite. The ONLY thing that beats us is nerves ... otherwise we cruise.

Vikes 27, Saints 17

I like what midge says. I think we kick Saint butt.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

As a fan since the Joe Kapp era, Iím nervous as hell. Watched too many choke jobs when it REALLY counted.
    That being said, I think we win a close one. 23/20 Foreskin hits the winner.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

The LAST thing we want is the game on Birdbath's foot. He just does not instill a high level of confidence. I want the azz kicking.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

I don't worry about him unless it comes down to the extra point being good.

WWBGD

I'm going to be realistic here. I know it's easy to get swept up in the excitement of a home playoff game, but the Saints are not the same team we met week 1. The are arguably the most complete team in football top-to-bottom and feature two of the most dominant running backs in the game... not to mention one of the best QBs in the game. This will be no cakewalk and a loss is very possible.

However, our Defense has been great... historically great. We are firing on all cylinders and have a pretty complete team ourselves. I worry slightly about Case and our lack of running game, but I'm hoping they can keep it close enough that our defense will win it for us.

All-in-all, I'm taking a conservative approach here and think we'll have a hell of a challenge in front of us. I'm going Vikings 45, Saints 3.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 01-11-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'm going to be realistic here. I know it's easy to get swept up in the excitement of a home playoff game, but the Saints are not the same team we met week 1. The are arguably the most complete team in football top-to-bottom and feature two of the most dominant running backs in the game... not to mention one of the best QBs in the game. This will be no cakewalk and a loss is very possible.

However, our Defense has been great... historically great. We are firing on all cylinders and have a pretty complete team ourselves. I worry slightly about Case and our lack of running game, but I'm hoping they can keep it close enough that our defense will win it for us.

All-in-all, I'm taking a conservative approach here and think we'll have a hell of a challenge in front of us. I'm going Vikings 45, Saints 3.
    NICE!

I think we are more complete than the Saints. We are better at every level on the defensive side of the ball. And arguably as good on offense everywhere but RB and QB.

Kamura's emergence concerns me a little, but not enough.

BTW we were 7th in the league in rushing, how high do we have to be to not be labeled a "lack of running game." I keep think Case might become the garbage every team apparently thought he was, but he keeps saying, "Not today."

Skol! Fuck the Saints.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast