Thread: Vikes, Panthers

Vikes, Panthers

Could have won this game. Opportunities missed and a few dropped balls and mistakes cost us the game.

WWBGD

2. Yep we could have won this one for sure. The dropped balls, the two face mask penalties and the O'line injuries did us in. The team fought hard and made it a close game but couldn't pull it out. Nothing bounced our way in this one. We had a bad game. Hope we get the O'line healthy and right the ship. Skol.

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Could have won this game. Opportunities missed and a few dropped balls and mistakes cost us the game.
    I actually look at how bad things went for us in this game and think ... damn we still could have won.

We are reseliant. It is a great quality to have, especially come playoff time.

When I looked at the three game stretch we just had I figured it would be great if we got two of three, which we did. We did not play well and had a couple defensive lapses that gave up huge plays and the three turnovers hurt badly. Still had a chance. It was a must win for Panthers and we almost stole it. Vikings actually outgained and had more first downs. Have to rebound and run the schedule out. We can still get home field through playoffs.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Yeah as the last second were very crucial. As really would had love for them to pull off the win. But now Eagles minus Carson Palmer have a slight edge on home field advantage. As Vikings need to take advantage to win the next three games.
    Ready for Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Yeah as the last second were very crucial. As really would had love for them to pull off the win. But now Eagles minus Carson Palmer have a slight edge on home field advantage. As Vikings need to take advantage to win the next three games.
    That would be Carson Wentz. LOL

WWBGD

Just read in Daily Norseman that three consecutive road wins against three teams above .500 hasn't been done in FIFTY years. And five out of the Vikings' last six games have been on the road, including the trip to London. They just may be worn down a bit. Two of last three at home should help.
    Last edited by purplehelmut; 12-12-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

It also didn't help that a slap on the facemask is a penalty for the Vikings but not for the Panthers, and the big hold on Barr was missed. Hey, gotta do better though, and the Vikings better have an up game this week at home.

Minni, I think Sunday qualifies as an up game! Shutout until Teddy screwed it up. But it was awesome to see him back out the field after such a serious injury. He's a good kid. Vikings are still flying under the radar, and that's the way I like it.