Thread: Red hot Atlanta

Red hot Atlanta

After listening all week to the Falcons characterized as the "Red Hot Falcons" it appears they aren't so red hot against a good defense. 9pts, 3 fieldgoals, no touchdowns. Awesome job by our D. Was Julio Jones even on the field? LOL

Case Keenum turns in yet another great performance. He was perfect in the second half. If he keeps playing like this he could be our franchise QB. We can beat any team in the NFL this year.

SKOL VIKING BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

WWBGD

Great win today! I don't care what anyone says about the Falcons and if they are red hot or ice cold. The Vikings went in to their building a secured a big win today but slowing down Ryan, Jones, and the rest of that offense.

The focus here should be on the Vikings and their game play. Fantastic! Tremendous! So good that the Vikings are now the #1 seed in the NFC. There is another big test coming up in Carolina.
    Here's hoping the Vikings can get another W!!

Red hot Atlanta was converting like 66% of third downs. Vikings defense held them to 1 of 10!!! That is exceptional against an offense at home that has so much talent. The Vikings defense is playing at a championship level right now.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Just another unbelievably good win. The Falcons on the road. The Saints and Rams (two "offensive" teams) in our house. If we win in Carolina this week ... all bets are off. We could be looking at 7 years of Case Keenum and more and more ... I am OK with that.

5. The Vikes are balanced. A very good offense, and a shut down defense.

The Rams were the #1 scoring offense coming into Vikings week. Held them to 7 points, that they scored in the first mins of the game mind you.

Redskins at home? Dominated them.

Saints in week 1? No chance.

Falcons yesterday? Kept Atlanta out of the end zone all day, for the first time in 2 years.

They have dominated the likes of

Brees
    Winston
    Stafford
    Rodgers
    Flacco
    Cousins
    Goff
    Ryan

Now letís dominate Newton next week.

Skol

One dimensional Panther offense may have its hands full Sunday. I hope Cam's medicine cabinet has plenty of Ben Gay in it because he's gonna need it. I see some big hits coming his way.
    Last edited by purplehelmut; 12-06-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

The Panthers have played well against the Vikings, and they still have talent.

Let us hope that the Vikings are ready to go and can shut down Cam Newton.

Panthers have had good teams over the years and they certainly have some good players now. Vikings own an 8-5 record over them and have won last 2 in a row. My point is that their offense is centered around Newton's ability to get outside and create. He is not a particularly accurate passer at 60.5% completion percentage and 215 yards/game. He is 25th in QBR at 83.0. I think our defense will be able to negate his threat. Hopefully anyway, because he can be dangerous. To contrast, Keenum has a QBR of 98.6 which puts him 8th and he is averaging 256 yards/game with a completion percentage of 67.5%. I thought it was interesting that Wentz, who everybody is swooning over, is averaging 250 yds/game with a 60.7% completion rate with a QBR of 102. He has thrown for touchdowns than Keenum which boosts his rating.

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    He has thrown for touchdowns than Keenum which boosts his rating.
    Keenum has two games that ended taking a knee on first and goal.

Yeah, ... Carolina goes as Cam Newton goes, and I hope the Vikings defense can tell him where to go.