Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Keenum offensive player of month

Case Keenum was named the NFC offensive player of the month of November.
    How great for him. Hopefully we will stop hearing him referred to as a "utility backup QB".

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. ó Vikings quarterback Case Keenum has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Month for November.
    Keenum completed 69 of 97 passes (71.1 percent) for 866 yards and threw seven touchdowns against two interceptions for a passer rating of 114.0 in three games (all wins).
    The offseason free agent signee improved to 7-2 as a starter with Minnesota as the Vikings closed the month by winning their seventh in a row on Thanksgiving.
    Keenum completed 21 of 30 passes for 282 yards with two touchdowns and added a 9-yard rushing score in the Vikings 30-23 win over the Lions.
    Just four days earlier, he completed 27 of 38 passes for 280 yards with a touchdown (passer rating of 100.8) in a 24-7 win against the Rams.
    Keenum opened the month by completing 21 of 29 passes and throwing four touchdowns to pace a 38-30 victory in Washington on Nov. 12.
    The Vikings bye fell on Nov. 5 in Week 9.
    The selection of Keenum piggybacks Everson Griffen being named NFC Defensive Player of the Month for October.
    It is the fourth time in the history of the awards that the Vikings have gone back-to-back:
    1999 Cris Carter November and John Randle December
    1997 Jake Reed September and John Randle October
    1994 Jack Del Rio September and Anthony Parker October
    http://www.vikings.com/news/article-...5-9d2e-d7c63f8

WWBGD

If he wins these games against Atlanta and Carolina, he will firmly be in the MVP race.

Case Keenum.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    If he wins these games against Atlanta and Carolina, he will firmly be in the MVP race.

Case Keenum. Seriously.
    And if he screws the pooch?

I don't think he will screw the pooch. However if his game falls apart then Teddy is ready to come in and see what he can do. Also in order for Case to fall apart that means the Oline has fallen apart.

WWBGD

5. Even if Case finishes next week beating the Panthers, canít put him in mvp talks. To many other QBís are putting up much bigger numbers. Iíll take his current play and go for the SB versus mvp talks. As Iím sure he would as well.

Keenum is making the throws, but his deep ball has been off target - especially sideline passes.

He played smart football against Atlanta, and we know the score should have ended 17-9 or better had the game not been won by the two minute warning.

It is the second straight Vikings game where the offense took a knee from 1st and goal at the end the game.

I could not care less what the media calls him or if he is discussed at all as an MVP candidate!

What I care about is what goes on in between the lines! Let's keep piling up Ws!

Yeah, we're taking leads and running out the clock while Pittsburgh is barely beating inept teams with last second FGs, and all I hear is how great they are.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Been awhile since I've visited this site. It was just about dead, but seems to have sprung back to life, not surprisingly.

I'm still not sold on Keenum. He throws a lot of wounded ducks that, amazingly, fall to the purple team. Lots of near misses on INT and even pick sixes. Smoke and mirrors. On the other hand he can drop it in the bucket from 40 yds at time. He's a conundrum.

That being said, I'm still all in as far as starting him. Zim would be a fool otherwise.

PS:

Any of the old farts on here think back to Tarkenton when they see a small, elusive, gunslinger type in Keenum?
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Even if Case finishes next week beating the Panthers, canít put him in mvp talks. To many other QBís are putting up much bigger numbers. Iíll take his current play and go for the SB versus mvp talks. As Iím sure he would as well.
    I think you are mistaken. He leads in QBR (which is a stat that many voters take very seriously and hold way above QB rating). If he wins this week and the team is 11-2 and in total control of the NFC ... he will start to creep in. Particularly if it is another 2 TD/0 Int performance.

BTW ... already fifth on ESPN: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...eading-week-14

And FOURTH on CBS: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...p-leaderboard/

I would say that is already in the talks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast