Thread: Vikes Rams

Vikes Rams

Awesome game. Dare I start believing we could be a super bowl contender this year? We held the #1 offensive team to 257 total yards and 7 points. Our D is elite no doubt about it and defense wins championships. Also our O played well and Keenum once again finds a way to get it done and makes no mistakes. Thielen is the man. I am loving this season for a change.

WWBGD

Also after having listened and watched the pundits talk about nothing but the Rams this and the Rams that all week long, and almost all of them predicting a Rams victory it was nice to see them choking on their words in the post game. Even at the half when to score was tied all they talked about was the Rams. Maybe we start getting a little respect this coming week.

WWBGD

3. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Also after having listened and watched the pundits talk about nothing but the Rams this and the Rams that all week long, and almost all of them predicting a Rams victory it was nice to see them choking on their words in the post game. Even at the half when to score was tied all they talked about was the Rams. Maybe we start getting a little respect this coming week.
    I'd rather keep flying under the radar bro!!
    Skol !!!

Love the defensive effort against Rams. Only giving up 7 points is awesome and we absolutely shut them down second half. Thielen continues to amaze and the other receivers are contributing. Murry finally dominated. OL has done a great job this year. Tough three game stretch coming up that will tell the tale. I'd love to see the defense knock Stafford on his duff a few times. If we can rattle his cage he'll turn it over.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

5. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    It will always be like that. I almost believe that the NFL front offices pay the broadcasters a game bonus for not giving the Vikings credit. For once though, I donít care. Itís more fun watching these so called know it all pro announcers choke on their words.

And what in the hell did this team do to warrant Charles Davis calling back to back Viking games? He always acts like he knows everything, he constantly has that ďI just fucked your dogĒ shitty ass grin.

This week it will be all about the Lions and how they beat us this year and if they can do it again they will be right in the race for the North Title. Yada, yada, yada. Itís a division opponent so it should be a good game, but to not acknowledge the Vikings for being a well balanced team and being a dominant defense, just shows how ignorant these people are.

Skol🙏Skol🙏Skol🙏Skol🙏

Oh ... now don't start down the everyone picks against us thread. There were definitely more people picking the Vikes than the Rams this weekend. But NOBODY was picking us holding the No. 1 offense to 7 points. Trib even ran a story on it if I recall. I know on ESPN Sunday morning it was 3 picking Vikes 2 picking Rams and on NFL network I think it was 4-1.

BUT ... hard to not feel really good after that game. I think we will handle the Lions relatively easily now. We are not the rattled team with uncertainty at QB we were when we faced them the first team. We are really good and know it now.

We can play with anybody ... and in this salary cap day and age, that is all you can ask for on a regular basis. Feels really nice for a change.

I am very happy with the performance this week against a talented team in Los Angeles. We knew the defenses wouldn't allow much breathing room for either offense but what the Vikings were able to accomplish against the Rams defense was tremendous.

I don't know about any Super Bowl talk just yet though. Keenum is a journeyman QB for a reason but if he stays away from terrible throws like his two INTs in the Washington game I like what he is doing a lot!

As far as the broadcasters go.... At the end of the day they are paid to have an opinion and after Keenum's lapse in judgment against the Redskins and the ferocity of the Rams defense...
    One could make the argument that a Rams pick over the Vikings in Minnesota was a wise decision. I am happy that the Vikings players don't give a hoot about what any "expert" says.
    Like one prominent expert once said, "that's why they play the games." Let the teams line up and let's see what happens!

The Vikings took it to the Rams despite some dreadful missed calls by the officials early in the game. I had feared that the motion offense would expose the Vikings zimmerkrieg, but the defense played well, and the offense moved the football.