Thread: Vikes Redskins

Vikes Redskins

I have two observations from this game.

1. If not for the back to back interceptions we dominated this game. I think Keenum lost focus for those couple of plays thinking that he could do no wrong.

2. Pat Elflein, our rookie center, was the steal of the draft and IMO should be considered for rookie of the year. He is playing at pro-bowl level.

WWBGD

OL doing a nice job- no sacks yesterday and Keenum only sacked 10 times all year. 3.3 YPR not great but we did convert on third downs. And some Vikings were laying the lumber. Doctson will be in the hot tub all day today- he took some shots. Harrison Smith is simply the best safety in the league. DBs did a great job against a good passing attack. The 4th and 1 stop by Johnson was awesome. And what can you say about Thielen? He is a star. Understands the position and flat out gets open. Complement that with Diggs and we have a viable passing attack. The RB by committee is working out enough to keep defenses honest. That's a big road win in conference. Next week another important test.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Could not really be happier except for two passes yesterday.

We dominated a decent team, on the road, in November. The NFC is wide open, but we are in great shape.

Another huge one this week, but we can take real control of our destiny with a win at home.

All I can think when I watch us right now is ... what if Bradford had been healthy all year and what if Cook was still back there. We would be a top 5 offense.

Can't whine about Keenum though, he has really stepped up and has earned whatever money he gets in the offseason.

I am really enjoying watching this team come together and grow as a unit.
    It has been a pleasant surprise. 7-2 is better than anything that I hoped for this season! I don't know how they stack up against the other playoff contenders but I am happy with the progress.
    Tickled really.

Quote Originally Posted by purplejokr View Post
    I am really enjoying watching this team come together and grow as a unit.
    It has been a pleasant surprise. 7-2 is better than anything that I hoped for this season! I don't know how they stack up against the other playoff contenders but I am happy with the progress.
    Tickled really.
    I know it is football and injuries happen (and we have been lucky with who we have to replace the injured) ... but I would have loved to see a full season with Bradford and Cook. I think we would have been even more noticeably better.