View Poll Results: Who should start as QB if all are healthy?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keenum

4 40.00%
  • Bradford

6 60.00%
  • Bridgewater

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QB poll

QB poll

If Bradford, Bridgewater and Keenum are all healthy and ready to go who do you think should start?

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    If Bradford, Bridgewater and Keenum are all healthy and ready to go who do you think should start?
    If all three are healthy ... 100 percent ... I think Bradford is the better guy, I don't see how it is even a discussion, honestly.

But, I also think he is the most likely to go down on the first play of the game.

Moot point, Bradford to IR. It's Keenum's job to lose now. If he continues to play at a high (for him) level, keeps drives going, and does not turn it over, he should play. If he falters in any of these areas try Teddy. Crunch time is coming up- several key road games. Many pundits see the Vikings faltering and Detroit sliding into first in the division. I think Sunday at Washington is a very important game. They are on a bit of a roll after lucking out at Seattle and feel good about themselves. We have not played a good game at FedEx that I can remember - maybe lost several in a row there. The offense must put up some points to win there and the defense has to stymie their offense. I don't consider our defense as elite, yet. But this game could go a long way toward that end.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Looked it up, we're 3-3 at FedEx. Trail series 12-13. Not as bad as I thought. Still a tough game. Outside, on grass, on the road always iffy for Vikings.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Moot point, Bradford to IR. It's Keenum's job to lose now. If he continues to play at a high (for him) level, keeps drives going, and does not turn it over, he should play. If he falters in any of these areas try Teddy. Crunch time is coming up- several key road games. Many pundits see the Vikings faltering and Detroit sliding into first in the division. I think Sunday at Washington is a very important game. They are on a bit of a roll after lucking out at Seattle and feel good about themselves. We have not played a good game at FedEx that I can remember - maybe lost several in a row there. The offense must put up some points to win there and the defense has to stymie their offense. I don't consider our defense as elite, yet. But this game could go a long way toward that end.
    It wasn't a moot point when it was posted. And even if he was placed on IR ... it is something worth discussing.

I think, and most that I have seen discussing it on the networks think, that you're wrong on Keenum. I don't know what I think on Keenum vs. Bridgewater, but I am pretty sure they intend to go ahead and keep getting Bridgewater ready so they can get him 4 or 5 starts here down the stretch heading into the playoffs. I would be very surprised if that is not their thought process.

I have seen very few people saying they don't think the Vikings are going to win the division. NFL Network and ESPN both almost across the board think that the division is theirs to lose.

We have won 4 of our last 6 against the Skins, but lost the last two at FedEx after winning the previous three.

I agree this game is pretty important, but I think more for NFC positioning than for divisional positioning. As far as the Lions go ... whether or not we can win in Detroit is going to be what decides if they can catch us.

AND ... how do we have five voters and only three posters?!

Post people!

Hypothetical discussion then. But it is a moot point- Bradford will not be healthy enough to play for several weeks now that he's on IR. I watch mostly ESPN and NFL Network as well, and I said "many" pundits are looking for the Vikings to stumble. And some think the Vikings will come out as division winners. Depends on what show you're watching (and there are many) and who's talking. Not worth arguing about- opinions are pretty much meaningless anyhow. But we've seen this show before- the Vikings are infamous for blowing situations such as this. Evidently the Lions schedule is a cakewalk compared to the Vikings and we already have a loss to them, so there's that. And the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" applies here. As long as the Vikings win with Keenum he will play. If he starts to struggle, Bridge will get his chance. Personally, I can't believe a guy that almost twisted his leg off 14 months ago can be ready physically and, more importantly, mentally, to play. Significant injuries such as his are really a two year process. Worst thing to do is put him in too early. Right now, mop-up duty, if we ever get that much of a lead, is what he should get to get his feet wet. I might be totally off base though- maybe he is super-human like Peterson was and can step right in and do the job. I hope that is the case.

If Bradford can get his injury under control there is a chance he will be re-activated from IR. Going into the playoffs with three starting QB's would be a great thing for us. The thing no one knows at this point is whether or not Teddy can take a hit to the knee and still function.

WWBGD

If I understand the IR rule, Bradford has to be on IR 6 weeks before he is eligible to return to practice and can be activated after 8 weeks. So he could be activated should the Vikings make the playoffs. Not a bad thing to have three QBs at that point. Lots of water will have passed under the "Bridge" by then. Vikings are never boring, that's for sure.

Keep up with Keenum for the time being as he is the unsung hero of the team.
    Black Friday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast