Norseman VIKINGS fans from other states.

This is for all the fellow Vikings fans that live elsewhere, other than in Minnesota. Why did you become a Vikings fan? For me, it began way back in Super Bowl 11. I was just learning about the NFL, and its teams. And back then, the most dominating teams were, the Steelers, Cowboys, Dolphins, Raiders, and Vikings. Well it was the big match up in the Super Bowl between two power teams, Raiders & Vikings. The names of the teams were what caught my attention. The RAIDERS !! That black and silver, and intimidating, bad boy reputation they had. And then there was the VIKINGS, a warrior of the open seas, and as I learned about the team, I began more and more attached to the team, its powerful name, and the dominance of the 60's and 70's with that intimidating name The Purple People Eaters. Their past Super Bowl appearances were losses, but they at least made it to the big game. Well, as we all know, they lost that Super Bowl as well, and have never made it back since. I kept cheering for the Vikings each year, and by then I started collecting football cards. And I collected the Vikings teams sets of TOPPS card every year since then. I live in Philadelphia, and I have never wanted to be a fan of my home town team the Eagles. I wish I lived in Minnesota. I have a nice collection of various Vikings memorabilia such as cards,mini-helmets, figures, and bout 100 games recorded on dvd from mid 70' to present. Iam a big fan of defense, and I enjoy all the big name player the Vikings have had over the years. And so I will end my bio why iam a Vikings fan. GO VIKINGS !
    Last edited by Papurplepride; 08-11-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Hello and welcome. Feel free to post. Do not be shy. As glad you are on the board!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

3. Hi there and welcome. I'm also a Minnesota Vikings from out-of-state. Skol Vikings!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

4. hey i am from tennessee and a fan since 1969. loved fran running around back in the day. and my brother loved the packers so i had to root against them.

5. Iím from Green Bay Wisconsin. I grew up in south Florida, and have been a fan since 1991 when I was 13. My dad is a huge Bears fan and schooled me on the Purple People Eaters and told me I can be a fan of any team I wanted as long as it wasnít the Packers. He hates the packers, and I followed suit.

I can't remember exactly, but as a 10 year old back in 1970 I saw those helmets with the Viking horns all lined up along the line of scrimmage and thought it looked cool as heck. And I grew up and live in WV, surrounded by Stiller and Cowpunk fans. Resulted in a few fist fights in elementary school. It's been a long, strange trip, with a lot of heartache. But it takes something special to be a Vikings fan. Or maybe some mental deficiency, not 100% sure which.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Being a Viking fan requires a certain level of masochism LOL. I have been a fan since 1965 and have lived in California both north and south, in Texas, in Colorado, New Mexico, and now Montana. Its been a long road and I have lost enough beer to fill a swimming pool betting on the Vikes. But hope springs eternal. Its an addiction. My name is Rob and I am a Vikings fan. LOL

WWBGD

8. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Being a Viking fan requires a certain level of masochism LOL. I have been a fan since 1965 and have lived in California both north and south, in Texas, in Colorado, New Mexico, and now Montana. Its been a long road and I have lost enough beer to fill a swimming pool betting on the Vikes. But hope springs eternal. Its an addiction. My name is Rob and I am a Vikings fan. LOL
    Lol awesome

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

9. Hello fellow Viking fans !!!

I'm near 57 years old lived in Lincolnton, NC all my life and have been a fan since around 67-68. I was playing football when I was 7. I played for the Redskins and at that time I was a Redskin fan (of course I played for them). But one year later I picked up on The Purple People Eaters and Fran Tarkenton and lever looked back. I saw the Vikings play for the first time last year against Carolina and THEY WON !!,, WOW,, that was seriously a dream come true. I still remember when the Vikings was playing the Cowboys for the NFC Championship and Michael Irvin ran a route to the end zone pushed off to receive the ball and there was no penalty called and that won the game.. Anyone else remember that junk?

SKOL VIKINGS!!
    Last edited by Scoot; 10-23-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    SCOOT28

Scoot,
    You thinking about the Drew Pearson/Nate Wright incident? Caused me to despise the Cowpunks ever since.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant