Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I know what you mean greg - sometimes though too much upheaval is also a negative. Let's see how this season goes before we sharpen the pitchforks.
    my expectations:
    Playoffs minimum
    Championship game would be great
    Super Bowl would be a dream - especially at home!

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    how many different coaches have we had in the last seven years.......those changes affect roster, free agents, record etc
    Not sure I see your point, sorry. My point is we've done little to nothing in the playoffs since 2009, whatever excuse anyone wants to hang on it. And let's not talk about before that. We were pretty good in the 70s though, and that's about it.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Lets not forget that last year we were 5-0 projected to be the NFC North winners and a legitimate SB contender and even rose to #1 in the power rankings before we were decimated by injuries. A few years ago the Rodgers went down and the Packers collapsed as a result. Last year we lost our QB, RB, and most of the O-line and still managed a 8-8 season. I still trust the front office of this team to do what they need to do.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Lets not forget that last year we were 5-0 projected to be the NFC North winners and a legitimate SB contender and even rose to #1 in the power rankings before we were decimated by injuries. A few years ago the Rodgers went down and the Packers collapsed as a result. Last year we lost our QB, RB, and most of the O-line and still managed a 8-8 season. I still trust the front office of this team to do what they need to do.
    Some people seem to think that this type of thinking equates to accepting mediocrity, but I agree with you. This team showed enough promise last year to make me believe that a change in leadership would be a bad idea. Don't really care if that makes me a homer.

Ultimately, Spielman isn't a genius but who is? There are more than a handful of teams that are far worse off than the Vikings. Let's not act like if only Wilf would fire Spielman that the next GM is guaranteed to be an immortal genius that loves animals and long walks on the beach.

I understand the criticism and a lot of it is fair. However, some message boards degenerate into "Fire X" threads and that is boring because no one discusses the next guy up. And even if those "Fire X" posters are willing to throw names out for the replacement for firing X there's no termination for a message board poster who wrong just as frequently as a GM they abhor.

6. Quote Originally Posted by purplejokr View Post
    Ultimately, Spielman isn't a genius but who is? There are more than a handful of teams that are far worse off than the Vikings. Let's not act like if only Wilf would fire Spielman that the next GM is guaranteed to be an immortal genius that loves animals and long walks on the beach.

I understand the criticism and a lot of it is fair. However, some message boards degenerate into "Fire X" threads and that is boring because no one discusses the next guy up. And even if those "Fire X" posters are willing to throw names out for the replacement for firing X there's no termination for a message board poster who wrong just as frequently as a GM they abhor.
    Just a little common sense from the GM would work and a little accountability from the Wilfs would be a decent start!
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12