Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Michael Rand of the Mpls Star and Tribune just answered many Viking fans prayers

Tonight after 6 years of the Spielman regime we finally have a Minneapolis Journalist call out Rick Spielman in his RandBall article tonight. He point's out how Rick has missed on the majority of his picks and missed out on free agency. Then the Viking fan base in the comment sections unlesh on how fed up they are with the losing and Ricks track record. All i can say is god bless Michael Rand and god bless all these smart Viking fans! tonight is a great day and this has to start getting to Zygi. God Bless Michael Rand!
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    Tonight after 6 years of the Spielman regime we finally have a Minneapolis Journalist call out Rick Spielman in his RandBall article tonight. He point's out how Rick has missed on the majority of his picks and missed out on free agency. Then the Viking fan base in the comment sections unlesh on how fed up they are with the losing and Ricks track record. All i can say is god bless Michael Rand and god bless all these smart Viking fans! tonight is a great day and this has to start getting to Zygi. God Bless Michael Rand!
    It's helpful for EVERYONE to at least include the link, or source...so we aren't forced to search for it.

http://m.startribune.com/rick-spielm...tly/416144094/

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

except somehow assembled the best young defense in football... watch for what you wish for... you could do ALOT worse than Rick.

Lets remember hes been in charge of the draft since 2006

Drafted Rhodes, Barr, Hunter, Waynes, H Smith, Kendricks, Adrian, Teddy, Diggs, traded for Jared Allen entering his prime, let Jared Allen walk at the right time and instead locked up Ev Griff, signed Linval Joseph to a very reasonable contract, traded Percy Harvin for a 1 and a 3, traded for a legit QB in Sam Bradford days before the season started after freak injury to out starting QB. Drafted more Rookies of The Year than any GM over the same time period. I can keep going but really do i need to? Wake the hell up people.

***Drops Mic***
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

"picks up mic"..... OK, but how have we done in the playoffs over the last 7 years?
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    "picks up mic"..... OK, but how have we done in the playoffs over the last 7 years?

how many different coaches have we had in the last seven years.......those changes affect roster, free agents, record etc

I've been saying this forever, but for some reason people seem to think mediocrity equals greatness in Minnesota.

The only time we've made it past the first round of the playoffs with Spielman at the helm was in 2009 with Favre. It had very little to do with Spielman himself.

He's built a great defense, sure. Doesn't really matter if you're not winning games though. List all the players you want.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    except somehow assembled the best young defense in football... watch for what you wish for... you could do ALOT worse than Rick.

Lets remember hes been in charge of the draft since 2006

Drafted Rhodes, Barr, Hunter, Waynes, H Smith, Kendricks, Adrian, Teddy, Diggs, traded for Jared Allen entering his prime, let Jared Allen walk at the right time and instead locked up Ev Griff, signed Linval Joseph to a very reasonable contract, traded Percy Harvin for a 1 and a 3, traded for a legit QB in Sam Bradford days before the season started after freak injury to out starting QB. Drafted more Rookies of The Year than any GM over the same time period. I can keep going but really do i need to? Wake the hell up people.

***Drops Mic***
    And yet, none of those accolades matter. At least they make you feel better, though.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Make or break year for Rick. We have Paton waiting in the wings in case this year goes south. Last season was horrible with injuries. Hopefully we will have some luck this year with health and show everyone what we are capable of

Quote Originally Posted by UKPurple View Post
    Make or break year for Rick. We have Paton waiting in the wings in case this year goes south. Last season was horrible with injuries. Hopefully we will have some luck this year with health and show everyone what we are capable of
    Certainly agree with that.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by UKPurple View Post

Tice in the wings for Green, Fraizer in the wings for Childress,
    Paton is part of the management and if that management is a problem then clean house don't drag a patch work program of 2-3 years of indecision; its one thing to promote from with in if its working and someone retires or leaves but to promote a body from a system you deem is failing just keeps that system circling the drain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast