Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Mixon

1. No, he can never be a Viking...second chances be damned. Where there is smoke, there is fire... The model for true Vikings started with Alan Page, and has most recently been in the mold of Chad Greenway.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

For the most part I believe in second chances, and I would never want to be judged for things I did while drunk and 18...but I see justice in THAT particular offense following a guy for a VERY long time. If I'm a GM, he's off my board. I just don't think it's worth it.

Yeah as what I heard though do not at all work for the Vikings, hear thy are a high character type of group.
    Ready for Christmas!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    For the most part I believe in second chances, and I would never want to be judged for things I did while drunk and 18...but I see justice in THAT particular offense following a guy for a VERY long time. If I'm a GM, he's off my board. I just don't think it's worth it.
    Smart Viking fan right here good post, i agree!
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    The act was egregious. With that said, I am a big believer in second chances. As I am certain steelguitar will agree, player evaluation is about more than what film and a 40 time can convey. Sitting down and conversing with players is imperative. I don't see the harm is sitting down with Mixon to see what his story is and if he is amenable to professional counseling. If he is sorry about his actions and can discuss what steps he has taken to improve himself and demonstrate contrition then I would be willing to consider drafting him. Lastly, were I to draft him any contract offered to him would cut him loose at the first sign of trouble. The act of drafting him is as far as my support would extend. Ultimately, drafting him would be the kind of support few human beings have ever had when in the circumstances that Mixon finds himself.

I hope they stay away from him. Hitting the woman was 3 years ago but the incident with the rent-a-cop last October or November shows his anger still easily gets the best of him.

If they do take him though, I won't cry about it. Adrian Peterson taught me it's really easy for me to separate the person from the player. I really only care about the player. Getting the good people is just a cool bonus.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

7. Everyone has their own opinion. If he is the best player available at a position of need when the Vikes pick, then so be it. I'm sure steelguitar won't be complaining if Mixon was putting up huge numbers wearing the Vikings colors. Then again, from what I see, steelguitar complains about everything.

8. Great RB, but there is no chance Rick drafts him.

9. Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Everyone has their own opinion. If he is the best player available at a position of need when the Vikes pick, then so be it. I'm sure steelguitar won't be complaining if Mixon was putting up huge numbers wearing the Vikings colors. Then again, from what I see, steelguitar complains about everything.
    He is completely off my board and there is no place for Mixon on my team. The video of him following this woman and engaging her and then unloading on her is just unacceptable for my locker room and you add his incident with the security guard recently shows me he hasn't learned enough. If Desperate Rick goes there it will show just how desperate he is and will take Ponder like desperation to a new level.
    I do want to continue to point out some positives of this team though, i really like Zimmer as the Coach of this team and the Defense looks like a Minnesota Defense should look and i believe in Zimmer.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

Other players have had baggage and overcome it to be great players. Randy Moss and Jared Allen come to mind.

WWBGD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast