Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Mixon

1. Joe Mixon

Now I know he had some legal issues that are shying teams away from drafting him, but if the Vikings are smart, they will take him if he is available. The last time this team drafted a RB from Oklahoma, it turned out pretty damn good.

Mixon is 6'1 and 225lbs, so he is a good size RB that has speed to burn. The one thing that he for sure has over AD is the ability to catch passes. He is elusive, and from the highlights, doesn't look to be that bad of a blocker.

I remember when a bunch of teams passed on a very talented WR by the name of Randy Moss, look how that turned out for the Vikes. Or how about picking up another WR who had issues by the name of Cris Carter. Two players with baggage that the Vikings took a chance on, and soon both will be in the HOF, not bad at all.

I may be in the minority on this one, but I am all for the Vikes drafting Mixon. He is a special player that could be a huge asset to this team. I know it's a deep draft class on RB's, but if the best one is there for the taking, you gotta go for it.

2. Oh, and they also gave up a haul for a DE that had a bunch of question marks as well. That being Jared Allen.

3. Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Oh, and they also gave up a haul for a DE that had a bunch of question marks as well. That being Jared Allen.
    You should be ashamed at yourself for comparing Mixon to Jared, Jared's DUI was his red flag not unleashing on a woman, Mixon is off my board and Vikefaninwi is on my block list!
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

4. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    You should be ashamed at yourself for comparing Mixon to Jared, Jared's DUI was his red flag not unleashing on a woman, Mixon is off my board and Vikefaninwi is on my block list!
    Doesn't matter what the "red flag" on a player is. If you take a chance on any player with baggage, you take the chance plain and simple.

And to be completely honest, I don't give a shit who's block list I'm on.

5. Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Doesn't matter what the "red flag" on a player is. If you take a chance on any player with baggage, you take the chance plain and simple.

And to be completely honest, I don't give a shit who's block list I'm on.
    This maybe the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life. An absolute Blow to a womans face by Mixon is a whole different level of a red flag. A low Wonderlick score can by a red flag and comparing any red flag to Joe Mixons hit to a Woman's face is beyond ignorant! Skol

Wait...we can block people? You mean I don't have to read your biased views Steelguitar?

Re Mixon, I don't feel either way about drafting him but ever since Jerome Simpson, Vikes has stepped away from drafting guys with any sort of red flags. They have worked hard to have a "clean" organisation - whether it is a case like this or an injury worry (Myles Jack being the latest)

Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    This maybe the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life. An absolute Blow to a womans face by Mixon is a whole different level of a red flag. A low Wonderlick score can by a red flag and comparing any red flag to Joe Mixons hit to a Woman's face is beyond ignorant! Skol
    I am going to go out on a limb and actually agree here.

If the best comparison you can come up with is someone with a DUI and compare that to hitting a woman in the face ... then that is pretty upsetting.

I will take the same stance I took when AD made his son bleed from his testicles ... should not be allowed to touch a Vikings uniform, period.

Violence against another human and idiocacy over weed, alcohol, speeding, carrying a gun in a glove compartment, jawalking, etc. are all very different.

Sure ... some of those can end up pretty ugly ... but punching a woman in the face, hitting a child, there should be no grey area there.

Mixon has punched a woman in the face, breaking bones. He has also threatened a female parking officer with his car ...

He is scum. He should not be in purple. He should not even be in the NFL. BUT, I understand how the world works and understand that he has "paid his dues" ... but the second incident so shortly after the first indicates that he will "pay his dues" again.

8. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and actually agree here.

If the best comparison you can come up with is someone with a DUI and compare that to hitting a woman in the face ... then that is pretty upsetting.

I will take the same stance I took when AD made his son bleed from his testicles ... should not be allowed to touch a Vikings uniform, period.

Violence against another human and idiocacy over weed, alcohol, speeding, carrying a gun in a glove compartment, jawalking, etc. are all very different.

Sure ... some of those can end up pretty ugly ... but punching a woman in the face, hitting a child, there should be no grey area there.

Mixon has punched a woman in the face, breaking bones. He has also threatened a female parking officer with his car ...

He is scum. He should not be in purple. He should not even be in the NFL. BUT, I understand how the world works and understand that he has "paid his dues" ... but the second incident so shortly after the first indicates that he will "pay his dues" again.
    Very well said! couldn't agree more!

I don't want him on our team. If the Vikings want "high character" guys like they've said, he can't be a Viking, period.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

10. good stuff purple helmet

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast