Vikings sign Latavius Murray

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nesota-vikings

I personally LOVE this signing and think it was the most important thing other than O-line to address in the offseason.

I still would like to see something done for the OL, but there is slim pickins out there. I think Murray is a great runner, though.

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nesota-vikings

I personally LOVE this signing and think it was the most important thing other than O-line to address in the offseason.

I still would like to see something done for the OL, but there is slim pickins out there. I think Murray is a great runner, though.
    I was thinking save the money and draft RB but I sure don't mind this. At least he can block and catch. And it solves the glaring need so we can draft a bunch of beef with those first five picks.

I like this signing...certainly no Adrian Peterson, but, at this stage of AP's career, I think Murray is an upgrade. Murray has a nose for the goal line and is big enough to break tackles. Would like to see a mid-round RB drafted to add some youth and future potential.

Tough to move on from an all timer, but, it's time. Welcome to the Vikes Tay Train.

SKOL Vikings!!!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

He should be a serviceable RB for a two or three years. Not a spring chick at 27. We'll need to get some youth at the position in the draft.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

I preferred Lacy but I can see why this might be the better fit.

I felt that if the Vikings missed out on Murray that Petetson would probably be back. Guess we'll never know.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

6. I like his size and vision, but if anyone thinks he will replicate his past success in Minnesota is hoping at best. The Raiders OL is one of the best in the league, whereas the Vikings OL is one of the worst. If you look at Murray's highlights, look at the holes that line provides for him, it's been a long time since a Viking OL opened that kind of hole up for any RB on this team.

Murray is great between the tackles, but he doesn't have that ability to cut like AD did, and he doesn't have break away speed. I hope he has a great year, but with this OL, I'm not holding my breath.

7. I just don't think Murray is anymore than average. Raiders had no interest in bringing him back and Murray is average at best.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

8. Latavius Murray says Raiders never offered him a contract
    24/7 sports
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation