Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Doesn't look like we've made much of an improvement to the OL yet. Cast off some guys and replaced them with essentially cast offs. I'm hoping for a good draft, but that is a crapshoot. At this point I'm sorry to say I don't see us as a true contender next year. I hope I'm dead wrong but I don't see where the scoring is going to come from.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Doesn't look like we've made much of an improvement to the OL yet. Cast off some guys and replaced them with essentially cast offs. I'm hoping for a good draft, but that is a crapshoot. At this point I'm sorry to say I don't see us as a true contender next year. I hope I'm dead wrong but I don't see where the scoring is going to come from.
    I disagree simply for how low the bar for "improvement" is. I think we picked up two average tackles, and if we can draft a guard who can step in and start, our line can be...drumroll...something resembling average. And I believe that the difference between average and whatever the hell that was last year will be noticeable.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    I disagree simply for how low the bar for "improvement" is. I think we picked up two average tackles, and if we can draft a guard who can step in and start, our line can be...drumroll...something resembling average. And I believe that the difference between average and whatever the hell that was last year will be noticeable.
    Add Elflien and two good running backs and the run game should improve immediately. Pass pro will be a work in progress but should improve as the season wears on. They will likely be better than last year, and hopefully that is all it will take.
    I'm looking forward to seeing if Hill can play as well as he did in very limited duty last year.

I think they emphasized the run blocking. Even the critics I've seen talking about our 2 FA signings admitted they both excelled at run blocking, then they jumped to the pass blocking failures. If they stick to the quick pass a la last year, but run the ball early and often effectively, none of their shortcomings matter.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123