Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Riley Reiff is terrible

The GM in Minnesota is mentally ill friends!
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

NFL.com Overall FA ratings...Reiff = 19, Kalil = 62

Scout.com Overall FA ratings...Reiff = 30, Kalil = 37

ESPN.com Overall FA ratings...Reiff = 24, Kalil = 92

Reiff certainly was not the best OT available, but, there seems to be consensus that he is an upgrade over Kalil. He's naturally bigger than Kalil, AND, he's from South Dakota, so, he's got that going for him

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

3. The truth is Reiff is too undersized to play Tackle and not quick enough to play guard. He struggles to block and is no better than TJ Clemmings. What's wrong with Spielman?

4. I really thought Rick would write a big check to one of the solid Free Agent OL that can play Wentworth, or Lang, Zeilter or even Wagner and i would be here saying good job. I didn't think he could screw this up i really didn't Reiff cannot block guys and he struggled bad at both Tackle spots in Detroit and now this viking team is in serious trouble in 2017 with no real way to fix this OL now. I am deeply depressed about the OL in 2017. I really want to be positive but i can't be blindly positive.

Shit's gonna hit the fan when steelguitar hears about the contract.

6. It's going to hit the fans for the mass Viking fans when they realize this team will have little to no improvement on the OL in 2017. This is not going to be a good Offense in 2017. Facts are facts. You can try to polish a turd but at the end of the day this OL and this offense is a turd. Epic Fail Rick you have really out done yourself! Sad and Skol!

I'm not ready to declare the sky is falling on March 11, but, I am ready to say at this point, it's hard to get excited about the OLine. A solid draft, and signing TJ Lang might change that.

Here are the Free Agent rankings according to scout.com http://www.scout.com/nfl/a.z?s=127&p...83&rc=16&pid=3

The only one on the list I really like is Andrew Whitworth, but, he's 35, and would have been an expensive option short-term. The Rams deal for Andrew Whitworth: 3 years, $36M w $15M guar, including $2.5M guar in Year 2. Deal pays more $13M in Year 1 and $24.5M over 2. Looks like a two year deal to me.

Sirles and Clemmings are bodies for competition and depth only... The Tackle group is underwhelming, to be sure. With that said, there weren't alot of great options.

Guard options are seemingly much better... http://www.scout.com/nfl/a.z?s=127&p...83&rc=16&pid=6

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I'm not ready to declare the sky is falling on March 11, but, I am ready to say at this point, it's hard to get excited about the OLine. A solid draft, and signing TJ Lang might change that.

Here are the Free Agent rankings according to scout.com http://www.scout.com/nfl/a.z?s=127&p...83&rc=16&pid=3

The only one on the list I really like is Andrew Whitworth, but, he's 35, and would have been an expensive option short-term. The Rams deal for Andrew Whitworth: 3 years, $36M w $15M guar, including $2.5M guar in Year 2. Deal pays more $13M in Year 1 and $24.5M over 2. Looks like a two year deal to me.

Sirles and Clemmings are bodies for competition and depth only... The Tackle group is underwhelming, to be sure. With that said, there weren't alot of great options.

Guard options are seemingly much better... http://www.scout.com/nfl/a.z?s=127&p...83&rc=16&pid=6
    So according to scouts.com, they let the #3 tackle sign elsewhere but signed the #2, #7, and re-signed the #12 for depth. Not all that bad. Like you said, not a lot of great options.

Keep in mind lines have to play as a unit. Its not so much about individual stars like many other positions. Putting together guys that can play together as a unit is the thing. Too early to say whether the new O-line signings will be successful IMO

WWBGD

They seem to be high on Easton and Hill as well. I am surprised we havent made a run at DBs or LBs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast