Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. Quote Originally Posted by UKPurple View Post
    They seem to be high on Easton and Hill as well. I am surprised we havent made a run at DBs or LBs
    Easton at Center and Berger at Guard are better players than Remmers and Reiff. I have both below average so i am lost on the plan.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

  2. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Keep in mind lines have to play as a unit. Its not so much about individual stars like many other positions. Putting together guys that can play together as a unit is the thing. Too early to say whether the new O-line signings will be successful IMO
    I will say Reilly is one heck of guy and extreme high character human, so that's a positive but he really struggles, and i think Remmers is actually going to have to play LT even though his weakness is speed rushers and holding, he is still better than Reiff.

    My player ratings on the following OT would be: Kalil 68, Remmers 67 Reiff 63
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

  3. It remains to be seen on how the OL will be come September. Remmers IMO is better than Andre Johnson, TJ Clemmings, or Jeremiah Sirles at RT. Reiff is definitely better than Clemmings at LT, and has been much more durable in his career than Kalil was/is. We all called Kalil " False Start Matt" for a reason. Reiff was only flagged I believe 5 times all of last year, Kalil has gotten that in a game.

    Now while I am highly disappointed that the Vikings had all that money to use, and didn't try to get the best LT on the market in Ricky Wagner when they had the worst OL in the league, they even lost out on him to a divisional rival.

    Having Reiff, Berger, Easton, Sirles, and Remmers doesn't look all that appealing, but I can't see how much worse it can be than last year.

  4. A former Vikings player and coach, and current analyst, Pete Bercich, was somehow able to find some good highlights of Reiff. Certainly, Reiff is not the second coming of Anthony Munoz, but, Bercich provides some good insight of his positive capabilities. http://http://m.vikings.com/news/art...f-f7c1ad3474f7

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  5. Lol on Pete Bercich praising Reiff! Pete gets paid from Winter Park!
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    Lol on Pete Bercich praising Reiff! Pete gets paid from Winter Park!
    I think it's fair to be skeptical of anything that comes from the Vikings press team, but I'm more skeptical of your earlier claim on this thread that Reiff is no better than Clemmings. Seems pretty irrational and makes it hard to take anything you say about Reiff seriously. Is there anything you can point to (third party, website, anything) that says that Reiff is not an upgrade from Kalil? No need to answer about Clemmings...we know the answer to that. Are you just a better football mind than all of the sources that have been referenced in this thread and on this site?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    I think it's fair to be skeptical of anything that comes from the Vikings press team, but I'm more skeptical of your earlier claim on this thread that Reiff is no better than Clemmings. Seems pretty irrational and makes it hard to take anything you say about Reiff seriously.
    I completely agree with being skeptical of info coming from Vikings press, which is why I was reluctant to post the video in this thread. The only reason I did was because I thought it was a sampling of plays (of course, hand picked, good plays) which I thought Bercich did a good job of explaining why he thinks Reiff is a good addition. Plus, as the players, coaches, GMs, and former players are always preaching to us..."the tape doesn't lie." I was hoping to spark a discussion about how he looked on the tape, in particular, from SG, given that those 5 plays...on tape, illustrate that Reiff is capable.

    I can't remember seeing a pancake block too many times, if any, by our Tackles last year. I also thought Bercich gave some good insight to Reiff's footwork, particularly in the play where he stoned Fletcher Cox.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I completely agree with being skeptical of info coming from Vikings press, which is why I was reluctant to post the video in this thread. The only reason I did was because I thought it was a sampling of plays (of course, hand picked, good plays) which I thought Bercich did a good job of explaining why he thinks Reiff is a good addition. Plus, as the players, coaches, GMs, and former players are always preaching to us..."the tape doesn't lie." I was hoping to spark a discussion about how he looked on the tape, in particular, from SG, given that those 5 plays...on tape, illustrate that Reiff is capable.

    I can't remember seeing a pancake block too many times, if any, by our Tackles last year. I also thought Bercich gave some good insight to Reiff's footwork, particularly in the play where he stoned Fletcher Cox.
    Just FYI the link doesn't work (for me at least), but looking at tape is absolutely the best thing to do. I had heard Bersich discussing but haven't seen the video to go with it. I'll admit, I'm no offensive line guru and all of my understanding comes from what I read. I was just challenging the notion of "Reiff sucks because I say so" that I seem to be getting from the OP of this thread. I was just throwing him a bone because being critical of the source is pretty much the only rational argument I've heard to support the title of the thread.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    Just FYI the link doesn't work (for me at least), but looking at tape is absolutely the best thing to do. I had heard Bersich discussing but haven't seen the video to go with it. I'll admit, I'm no offensive line guru and all of my understanding comes from what I read. I was just challenging the notion of "Reiff sucks because I say so" that I seem to be getting from the OP of this thread. I was just throwing him a bone because being critical of the source is pretty much the only rational argument I've heard to support the title of the thread.
    thanks for letting me know about the link...not sure what's up with that. Let's try this again...http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/v...7-587e94eb0e58

    I'm with you Ted...and, I'm from Sioux Falls too, albeit we moved away a long time ago.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    thanks for letting me know about the link...not sure what's up with that. Let's try this again...http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/v...7-587e94eb0e58

    I'm with you Ted...and, I'm from Sioux Falls too, albeit we moved away a long time ago.
    Nice...I've only been in Sioux Falls for a couple years and will probably not be here much longer. It's a pretty nice city though.

    Thanks, that link works. He looks like one hell of a run blocker. They didn't seem like blind homers or anything in their analysis. They emphasized that although they were showing good things, there is bad tape on him also. I liked the point they made that although he has his weaknesses, you know exactly what you will get from him and that certainty makes running an offense easier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •