1. Bears to offer Patterson 5.5 million a year

Cordarelle will get a offer from the Bears and the Vikings can move on from this one deminsional Special Teams player. Glennon to Patterson doesn't concern me at all. Bears will continue to stink for a good while.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

Patterson is a dynamic player that proved himself as a receiver this year, and there was even talk of him lining up at HB next season. With our current WR corps, I think losing him would be a negative for our team.

However, if would give Treadwell an opportunity to step-up.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Patterson is a dynamic player that proved himself as a receiver this year, and there was even talk of him lining up at HB next season. With our current WR corps, I think losing him would be a negative for our team.

However, if would give Treadwell an opportunity to step-up.
    Ah ... the offseason brings out someone to actually have conversation with.

I agree big time on Patterson. He is a PLAYMAKER and there needs to be more creative ways to get the ball in his hand (i.e. his rookie year).

He reminds me of a less polished and more durable Percy Harvin ... just find ways to get him the damn ball and he is explosive.

I would really like to see him back un purple, I do think he could be a very good player and contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Ah ... the offseason brings out someone to actually have conversation with.

I agree big time on Patterson. He is a PLAYMAKER and there needs to be more creative ways to get the ball in his hand (i.e. his rookie year).

He reminds me of a less polished and more durable Percy Harvin ... just find ways to get him the damn ball and he is explosive.

I would really like to see him back un purple, I do think he could be a very good player and contributor.
    I don't want to lose Patterson... 1) he has infectious enthusiasm, which, in a Team sport, should not be categorically dismissed, 2) he is a playmaker...he's a touchdown waiting to happen, 3) he's an improving WR, by no means do I think he's "all the way there." In fact, he disappointed me on a few Red Zone opportunities last year. That said, he still has upside, given his apparently limited route tree, 4) he will not upset the apple cart re: salary...at least I don't think he would. I could be wrong, and am certainly open to counterpoints.

Losing Patterson would not be the end of the world, and, I agree with SG that he and Glennon scare me not...but, I'd rather see him continue to grow as a Viking than as a Bear, or some other rival.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

I was assuming that we'd be losing him, but if the offer is $5.5 million, I think the Vikings should absolutely match that. I often hear Tavon Austin brought up as a parallel. He's on a four-year deal with 28.5 million guaranteed and an average of 10.5 a year. I don't think we will or should match that kind of offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    I was assuming that we'd be losing him, but if the offer is $5.5 million, I think the Vikings should absolutely match that. I often hear Tavon Austin brought up as a parallel. He's on a four-year deal with 28.5 million guaranteed and an average of 10.5 a year. I don't think we will or should match that kind of offer.
    Agreed, no more than $6MM/yr with front loading and easy way out...per Pat Kirwan, Sirius NFL Network! Rams WAY overpaid for Austin, which, if Patterson is expecting that kind of jack, then...see ya.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

7. Patterson is a threat anytime he touches the ball. It would be disappointing not having him back, but unacceptable losing him to the Bears.