Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vikings Decline Adrian Peterson's Option...AP = UFA

Vikings decline option to pick up Adrian Peterson's contract for 2017

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...drian-peterson

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-a...sed/414992954/

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Not a big surprise. No one is going pay him 18 million to play. I wonder what number the Vikes do have in mind that they would be willing to pay.

WWBGD

3. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Not a big surprise. No one is going pay him 18 million to play. I wonder what number the Vikes do have in mind that they would be willing to pay.
    Would you pay him straight up 10 Million?

8 Million?

Demarco Murray gets 6.25 Million straight up for the year. He might have already got some money up front.

McCoy is getting 8.6 Million combined money.

4. This AP move was made a year too late. No vision with Rick.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

I think they would pay him 10 mil. The question is will another team pay him more than that. Also at this point for AP an offer would have to come from a team he wants to play for. He is not interested in playing for say the Brown even if they offer more money for him. Lots of backs in the Draft this year so his value in FA will be lower than it might have been in other years.

WWBGD

Let him walk. Wrong side of 30, coming off injury, old school "I" formation back that needs 25 to 30 carries, can't pick up the blitz or catch it out of the backfield. We should use the money to shore up other areas and get a young back in the draft. Loved watching AD and have a ton of respect for him, but I think his time here should be over.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    This AP move was made a year too late. No vision with Rick.
    Whereas I see your point, until your editorial about Spielman, there was alot to balance with AP... new stadium, Zimmer's documented love for him, all time great RB, not to mention his marketability. I was unpopular among my Vikings friends when I thought the Vikes should have cut ties when he was suspended. It came to my attention that Spielman and the Vikes had limited options regarding Peterson's future and the money committed. With all that being said, I am open to your point that his release is a year too late, but, I don't see how that would have, 1) improved the Team (minus hindsight), 2) what is the "vision" Rick should have seen?

As it relates to the here and now...I'm hoping the Adrian Peterson era has come to an end. As much as I love his competitiveness, his drive, his excellence, the game has changed and, so has our Team. I have several Adrian Peterson autographed items, including Jersey, helmet, magazine covers, and, I've shaken his hand. Yes, he crushed mine, the legend is true! Time to move on, with respect to Adrian Peterson's dedication to excellence and the Vikings, which, IMHO, Spielman, Zimmer, and Zygi have given.
    Last edited by MaxVike; 03-06-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Seems like it is time to move on. But it was great while it lasted.
    Ready for Christmas!

It depends on what we are moving on too. No running game means that Bradford gets killed. McKinnon cannot do it by himself. We will need a power back. The oline comes first this year before anything else in FA or the Draft.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    It depends on what we are moving on too. No running game means that Bradford gets killed. McKinnon cannot do it by himself. We will need a power back. The oline comes first this year before anything else in FA or the Draft.
    Can't be much worse than last season.

Agree about O-Line being first priority. It's the only thing that matters.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast