Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Amateur Hour-Free agency and draft

Just to get the speculation ball rolling...I know there are certain restructures etc that will happen and I'm probably miscalculating something, but let's hear it.

Current cap space 21.8 million
    Cut: Peterson (18 mil, 0 dead), Floyd (6.8 mil, 0 dead), Lamur (2.75 mil, 0 dead).
    Leaves about 50 million in cap room

Now what to do with it. I say, offer up this year's 2nd and a 4th for Joe Thomas. Might not be enough...Probably try to bring back Kalil then, and he should be reasonably cheap as far as left tackles go.

Get a RB with one of those thirds or the remaining 4th. Also a DT and OL.

Re-sign Thielen (Really don't know what to guess but I'm just gonna throw out 5 mil....he's RFA and it'll be interesting to see what someone might offer)

Re-sign Munnerlyn (4 mil...we need to be four deep at CB, and I don't count Sherels).

Zeitler-10 mil
    Joe Thomas-11.5 mil
    Reiff-3 mil

...still leaves around 15 million to sign what draft picks are left and possibly add a DT.

LT-Thomas
    LG-Boone
    C-Berger
    RG-Zeitler
    RT-Reiff

I would cut Peterson and trade Floyd.

Reiff will be looking for more than $3 million per season.

3. This is amateur hour- Floyd has zero trade value and Reiff has been awful with Detroit. While it makes sense to bring in a Veteran LT you can't trade a 2nd and a 4th after the worst draft in franchise history in 2016. Hopefully Zimmer can influence Wentworth and Zielter to come to Mn but overpaying for junk like Kalil and Reiff isn't going to fix this OL. Trust me when I say you get what you pay for.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

4. This is amateur hour- Floyd has zero trade value and Reiff has been awful with Detroit. While it makes sense to bring in a Veteran LT you can't trade a 2nd and a 4th after the worst draft in franchise history in 2016. Hopefully Zimmer can influence Wentworth and Zielter to come to Mn but overpaying for junk like Kalil and Reiff isn't going to fix this OL. Trust me when I say you get what you pay for.

5. Ricky Wagner is a top candidate to be a Viking a very legitimate RT that can actually play. If the Vikings can sign Wagner there will be some hope in Mn in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    This is amateur hour- Floyd has zero trade value and Reiff has been awful with Detroit. While it makes sense to bring in a Veteran LT you can't trade a 2nd and a 4th after the worst draft in franchise history in 2016. Hopefully Zimmer can influence Wentworth and Zielter to come to Mn but overpaying for junk like Kalil and Reiff isn't going to fix this OL. Trust me when I say you get what you pay for.
    So, now that we have your opinion, is this professional hour?

I'm not a fan of Reiff either... But, your claim that "While it makes sense to bring in a Veteran LT you can't trade a 2nd and a 4th after the worst draft in franchise history in 2016," is laughable. Yes, the rookies didn't see much time, but, that, by no means qualifies your claim. We will know much more after this coming year... If you are telling me that Treadwell or Alexander cannot play in the NFL...I'm not buying that, YET. You may ultimately be right, but, I'm not buying it yet.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I would cut Peterson and trade Floyd.

Reiff will be looking for more than $3 million per season.
    You're right...3 mil isn't going to get Reiff. Spotrac lists him at 5.3 mil market value for whatever that is worth. A couple teams have cut their tackles and I think that is bad new for us.

It would be nice to get something for Floyd. He's been good when he can actually play so maybe that dazzles somebody enough to give up a draft pick

This is amateur hour- Floyd has zero trade value and Reiff has been awful with Detroit. While it makes sense to bring in a Veteran LT you can't trade a 2nd and a 4th after the worst draft in franchise history in 2016. Hopefully Zimmer can influence Wentworth and Zielter to come to Mn but overpaying for junk like Kalil and Reiff isn't going to fix this OL. Trust me when I say you get what you pay for.
    Ricky Wagner is a top candidate to be a Viking a very legitimate RT that can actually play. If the Vikings can sign Wagner there will be some hope in Mn in 2017.
    I thought I was dreaming a little with my post, but it turns out I've been overthinking this. I should just name the best free agent left tackle, guard, and right tackle. No problem. You're right...I am an amateur. I am honored that you grace the PPO board with your presence between phone calls with the professionals.

Yeah as really need to find those that can provide stability in the O.L. Believe me I can be an amateur too.
    Ready for Christmas!

What do you guys think of Jarius Wright? Good man for a trade - doesn't contribute anymore with the emergence of Thielen and CP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast