Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Not bad stuff. I am into cutting Floyd, AP, Patterson, Kalil for starters and with the cap going up you could sign the 35 year old Wentworth but I'm not high on Waynes so if you made the Thomas trade and gave up Waynes you could bring in a upgrade at CB via free agency. Good take though.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

2. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    It's been well documented that Cleveland was asking for a 2nd at the deadline for Joe Thomas. That's said we could offer a player and a 4th. Trey Waynes and Treadwell could be strong candidates I personally think both players have a long way to go and would easily trade either player even though Waynes has upside I think Newman and Alexander and a journey man can compete for 2nd CB and then CB would be top priority in 2018 draft.
    Whitworth and other stars will be franchised and that's why Joe Thomas makes sense you can get him and release Kalil and get a do over on the 2018 and 2019 draft.
    I don't know who the Bengals will franchise but they have two good OL players that we could pick off. if they franchise whitworth then we should be able to get their pro bowl caliber guard Zeitler. if the browns want a second that might not be that bad, if they wanted Treadwell I would be ecstatic! I never liked him, I thought we should have traded down and got the BPA, I would have picked Jack out of UCLA at the end of the first round. We may have to settle for Kalil if we can't find anyone, at least he will be cheap, he sucks! There is also a chance that Jason Peters may be cut, they have a young stud and Peters contract may make him a cap casualty. We wouldn't even have to give up a draft choice. Just some other options to think about!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I don't know who the Bengals will franchise but they have two good OL players that we could pick off. if they franchise whitworth then we should be able to get their pro bowl caliber guard Zeitler. if the browns want a second that might not be that bad, if they wanted Treadwell I would be ecstatic! I never liked him, I thought we should have traded down and got the BPA, I would have picked Jack out of UCLA at the end of the first round. We may have to settle for Kalil if we can't find anyone, at least he will be cheap, he sucks! There is also a chance that Jason Peters may be cut, they have a young stud and Peters contract may make him a cap casualty. We wouldn't even have to give up a draft choice. Just some other options to think about!!
    Great stuff man and your right How could Spielman draft Turdwell after evaluating players for 20+ years? I can't figure it out. Once Spiel resigns the low Football IQ Patterson and brings back the turnstile Kalil we will be done for the rest of this decade.

4. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    Great stuff man and your right How could Spielman draft Turdwell after evaluating players for 20+ years? I can't figure it out. Once Spiel resigns the low Football IQ Patterson and brings back the turnstile Kalil we will be done for the rest of this decade.
    you forgot to add...THE SKY IS FALLING

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

5. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    We been building this team this entire decade, It's time to win and Spielman has to win now. Pioneer Press just did a piece calling us Loserville and we have fans like you saying don't go after it? You're dead wrong. Trade for Thomas and put pieces around Griffen, Hunter, Barr, Harrison, and Kendricks and add a playmaker or two on Offense and put an extreme emphasis on Winning NOW...If you think We have anything to lose at all you are the Chief Member of LOSERVILLE!
    PS This is not the Twolves, 4 years ago we were the 2nd youngest team in the NFL and now we somewhere in the middle so when you say don't mortgage the future I have no idea what your talking about? None of these moves suggest we trade any 2018 or beyond draft picks and I don't see Waynes or Treadwell as blue chippers either, I see them as draft busts!
    That is harsh dude! We have been trying to find the right piece for years and it hasn't worked. One offensive lineman isn't going make put us over the top. It ain't going to work. Injuries made it near impossible to know what we have for the entire OL.

I will say that the Patriots and Green Bay would never do this trade. They believe in a system and they work it. We aren't them and according to you were are already part of loserville. Joe Thomas doesn't fix things.

6. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    Not bad stuff. I am into cutting Floyd, AP, Patterson, Kalil for starters and with the cap going up you could sign the 35 year old Wentworth but I'm not high on Waynes so if you made the Thomas trade and gave up Waynes you could bring in a upgrade at CB via free agency. Good take though.
    Waynes is going to make it! He showed confidence and glimpses of being a starter next season.

7. Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    That is harsh dude! We have been trying to find the right piece for years and it hasn't worked. One offensive lineman isn't going make put us over the top. It ain't going to work. Injuries made it near impossible to know what we have for the entire OL.

I will say that the Patriots and Green Bay would never do this trade. They believe in a system and they work it. We aren't them and according to you were are already part of loserville. Joe Thomas doesn't fix things.
    You bring up the Patriots... Belicheck would not have drafted or even taking on many players on the Viking's roster. Low Football IQ players like we have in Kalil and Patterson for starters would never be on the Patriots roster. We have drafted so poorly and have such a bad OL and an extreme lack of playmakers we are in a ugly hole. Can you imagine Belicheck drafting Ponder or Floyd or even Waynes or Treadwell with a first rounder? Of course not. I am simply saying if we want to have a shot at all in 2017 we need to make some drastic moves and if bringing back Kalil and Patterson are on the docket we have no shot
    Anytime soon.

8. Ps in 1984 Vikings drafted RB Allen Rice in the 3rd and RB Alfred Anderson in the 5th....maybe time to duplicate that startegy after taking BPA in the 2nd (De De Westbrook. Build this OL and Add pieces to Defense in free agency( or a trade) and draft playmakers in this draft. Taking a serviceable LT in the 2nd round or bringing back Kalil would be a huge mistake.
    Last edited by steelguitar; 02-09-2017 at 01:42 AM.

You are unbelievable steelg. You seem to always think that if a rookie in his first or second year isn't a pro-bowl player he is a bust. Ask yourself how many rookies are drafted every year and how many start in the NFL and how many of those are stars their first year out. Damn few. Most rookies are back ups and don't even see the field for two or three years.

WWBGD

10. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    You are unbelievable steelg. You seem to always think that if a rookie in his first or second year isn't a pro-bowl player he is a bust. Ask yourself how many rookies are drafted every year and how many start in the NFL and how many of those are stars their first year out. Damn few. Most rookies are back ups and don't even see the field for two or three years.

A player doesn't have to go to the Pro Bowl to be a productive player but let's look at Rick Spielman's first round picks since he took over in 2011
    2011- Ponder I don't know one smart Football fan that didn't cringe when Ponders name was called!
    2012- Matt Kalil- Kalil was overrated coming out of College and his college tape never showed a dominant talent
    2013- Sherriff Floyd & Cordarrell - two players with a LOW Football IQ and on draft day Monte Kiffin was quoted as saying Floyd was passed by teams because he wasn't quick enough to play at a high level. Patterson was a good special teams player in college but struggled a WR
    2014 Anthony Barr and Teddy -Both players graded low for durability and that may plague both of them in the Pros.
    2015- Trey waynes- The guy vcan't tackle and has poor ball skills
    2016-Treadwell- Will never make it in the NFL- he is a liability to this roster.
    -----
    Drafting is a bloodline of a team and Spielman has drafted very very poorly. Thats why this team is struggling. Xavier Rhodes was maybe the only really solid pick in 8 years of first round picks.
    Last edited by steelguitar; 02-09-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast