Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Time to explore the Joe Thomas trade and other Moves Spiel should consider

Vikings have numerous reasons to compete for a Championship. First off Spielman has to win at some point and he better do it quick and while the SB is coming to MN it adds something unique to accelerating the roster.
    #1 A trade with Cleveland makes sense. Joe Thomas is signed for 2 years at 8.45 a year and can likely play 4 more years. Vikings could offer a pick and a player Waynes or Treadwell could get the talk started. Clev is into taking on youth and this trade makes sense both ways.
    #2. After releasing AP and Patterson and Kalil and Floyd with the cap going up Minnesota needs to add a blue chip free agent in free agency. I would start with DT Kwaan Short(25 mill guar) if Short gets franchised than you have to move on to another Blue Chipper that will fit this scheme( OLB Mel Ingram, OG Zieltner, DE Campbell, S Berry) you get the point we need a blue chipper in Free Agency to go with Joe Thomas. That's adding 2 Pro Bowl caliber pieces.
    In the draft we should always draft BPA but we need a playmaker I believe De De Westbrook will be there with our first pick (2nd round) I like him a lot. This team can draft a RB in the 3-5th that can play maybe even 2rbs should be drafted( remember Alen Rice& Allen In the same draft?) and with a Veteran like Deanglo Williams this team can make a run. Zimmer should be giving a couple more Defensive Players and a playmaker or two on Offense (Westbrook, rookie RB and Deangelo Will might do the trick to go with Joe Thomas at LT. I think Joe Thomas is the key to the offseason and Spielman willing to Move and release players he has drafted early, I know am asking for a miracle.
    Last edited by steelguitar; 02-03-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

I am glad you are making suggestions rather than just complaining

I think Lorenzo Alexander could still do a job, along with drafting another young LB

3. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    Vikings have numerous reasons to compete for a Championship. First off Spielman has to win at some point and he better do it quick and while the SB is coming to MN it adds something unique to accelerating the roster.
    #1 A trade to Cleveland makes sense. Joe is signed for 2 years at 8.45 a year and can likely play 4 more years. Vikings could offer a pick and a player Waynes or Treadwell and a pick could get the talk started. Clev is into taking on youth and this trade makes sense both ways.
    2. After releasing AP and Patterson and Kalil and Floyd with the cap going up Minnesota needs to add a blue chip free agent in free agency. I would start with DT Kwaan Short(25 mill guar) if Short gets franchised than you have to move on to another Blue Chipper that will fit this scheme( OLB Mel Ingram, OG Zieltner, DE Campbell, Berry) you get the point we need a blue chipper in Free Agency to go with Joe Thomas. That's adding 2 Pro Bowl caliber pieces.
    In the draft we should always draft BPA but we need a playmaker I believe De De Westbrook will be there with our first pick (2nd round) I like him a lot. This team can draft a RB in the 3-5th that can play maybe even 2rbs should be drafted and with a Veteran like Deanglo Williams this team can make a run. Zimmer should be giving a couple more Defensive Players and a playmaker or two on Offense (Westbrook, rookie RB and Deangelo Will might do the trick to go with Joe Thomas at LT. I think Joe Thomas is the key to the offseason and Spielman willing to Move and release players he has drafted early, I know am asking for a miracle.
    We don't have the draft picks to get Thomas, Cleveland will be looking for a #1. I say use free agency and get Whitworth out of cincy, he grades out close to Thomas and we don't need to use a draft choice to get him. Add T. J. Lang and draft Pocic and Moton and you would have a rebuilt line that would be much better then what we had this year. another prospect I like is Dion Dawkins out of Temple. Our Oline would look like this Whitworth, Boone, Pocic (Berger), T. J. Lang, Moton/Dawkins. That is a pretty good line especially after what we saw this year.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    We don't have the draft picks to get Thomas, Cleveland will be looking for a #1. I say use free agency and get Whitworth out of cincy, he grades out close to Thomas and we don't need to use a draft choice to get him. Add T. J. Lang and draft Pocic and Moton and you would have a rebuilt line that would be much better then what we had this year. another prospect I like is Dion Dawkins out of Temple. Our Oline would look like this Whitworth, Boone, Pocic (Berger), T. J. Lang, Moton/Dawkins. That is a pretty good line especially after what we saw this year.
    It's been well documented that Cleveland was asking for a 2nd at the deadline for Joe Thomas. That's said we could offer a player and a 4th. Trey Waynes and Treadwell could be strong candidates I personally think both players have a long way to go and would easily trade either player even though Waynes has upside I think Newman and Alexander and a journey man can compete for 2nd CB and then CB would be top priority in 2018 draft.
    Whitworth and other stars will be franchised and that's why Joe Thomas makes sense you can get him and release Kalil and get a do over on the 2018 and 2019 draft.

5. Getting De De Westbrook is also very high on my list too as he is a dynamic playmaker I would really hon in on him and find out were he should go and target him. Joe Thomas would allow you to focus on a playmaker with your first pick especially if we drop Cordarrel( we need high IQ football players in here)

6. No matter how much we want to be in the Superbowl hosted in MN next season, build this team. Do not mortgage it.

7. Couple other options out there...Joe is top of the list but also seems to have embraced his place in CLE...
    http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/20...s-trade-block/

But I also don't want to give away future potential for short term fix. I think Waynes is going to be really good. Unfortunately, I'm not so sure about Treadwell and I bet the Browns wouldn't see much value there yet either. Maybe our 2nd, maybe they'd take our two 3rds, but I'd want that 2 or 3 year extension in place as part of the deal.

And we need a new RB to go with our rebuilt OL, and there looks to be some serious talent in this draft. Likely just better off over spending for Whitworth and/or Wagner and keeping those picks for one of the many physical specimens who need refinement available at OT.

I'm down with cutting Floyd and signing a FA upgrade there too. Seems like some highly rated by PFF ones will be available...

Can you imagine if we were able to upgrade both OTs in FA and then pull a draft haul like this!?!

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=rycjtp
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

8. Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I like this one better...from FanSpeak.com

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT
    48: R2P16 OT RODERICK JOHNSON FLORIDA STATE
    79: R3P15 C ETHAN POCIC LSU
    86: R3P22 RB WAYNE GALLMAN CLEMSON
    119: R4P14 S JOSH JONES NC STATE
    127: R4P22 G DAMIEN MAMA SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    161: R5P16 QB CHAD KELLY OLE MISS
    200: R6P15 G BEN BRADEN MICHIGAN
    235: R7P14 LB HARVEY LANGI BRIGHAM YOUNG

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

10. Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    No matter how much we want to be in the Superbowl hosted in MN next season, build this team. Do not mortgage it.
    We been building this team this entire decade, It's time to win and Spielman has to win now. Pioneer Press just did a piece calling us Loserville and we have fans like you saying don't go after it? You're dead wrong. Trade for Thomas and put pieces around Griffen, Hunter, Barr, Harrison, and Kendricks and add a playmaker or two on Offense and put an extreme emphasis on Winning NOW...If you think We have anything to lose at all you are the Chief Member of LOSERVILLE!
    PS This is not the Twolves, 4 years ago we were the 2nd youngest team in the NFL and now we somewhere in the middle so when you say don't mortgage the future I have no idea what your talking about? None of these moves suggest we trade any 2018 or beyond draft picks and I don't see Waynes or Treadwell as blue chippers either, I see them as draft busts!
    Last edited by steelguitar; 02-06-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast