Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The team has quit on Zimmer

So last week against Indy, the Vikings clearly quit very early on. They needed the game and are probably the better team.

Today, the corner backs completely ignored Zimmer's orders for Rhodes to shadow Nelson.

I don't know how but he has lost the team.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

2. It will be interesting to see what comes of this. Even though I'm sure Newman was retiring after this season anyways, I'm assuming he would have been ousted after that. Munnerlyn will more than likely be history as well.

Something has to be said for Rhodes as well, as a player you follow the coaching staffs game plan, you don't take it upon yourself to decide what to do. Had they followed the game plan, who knows what would have happened. Nelson only picked up 2 catches and 9 yards in the 2nd half when Rhodes was shadowing him. You can say that the game was out of reach at that point and that they were just running out the clock.

All I know is after a 5-0 start and having a decent lead in the division to finishing 3rd and missing the playoffs is just unacceptable. Injuries can't be used as an excuse anymore. If you are good enough to make a 53 man roster, you should be good enough to play at a level that can at least weather the storm.

Nobody on this roster should be "safe" after that epic collapse.
    Last edited by VikesfaninWis; 12-25-2016 at 09:05 AM.

3. How does it feel to be the Biggest JOKE in the NFL- Purple = Choke Pride = none!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Vikingfan0 View Post
    How does it feel to be the Biggest JOKE in the NFL- Purple = Choke Pride = none!!

Jumped back on the Black Rhinos bandwagon again I see.

5. After 50 years I've earned the Right

Blog Entries
    I'm wondering if this is more of an issue of mental toughness (or lack thereof) for the team. Every year, there are injuries. This year, the Vikings have had a ton of injuries - and most of the impact was on the offense - QB, RB, and OL. As I told my nephew late in the season, I wonder if the Vikings have just had enough with all the injuries and all the things that went wrong after the bye - and just wanted to get the season over with. My nephew responded, "They're probably looking so forward to next year that their focus is not there for the rest of this year."

We lost our offensive coordinator mid season. What we need partly is a new offense plan. The one designed was for AP really and Bridgewater and his short passes. Bradford is a different QB and our running game sucked. Hard to have an offense that you worked on all pre season then have it disappear in the first couple weeks of the season. That leaves u making stuff up on the fly and coupled with an oline that disappeared as well its just tough to win games. It will be interesting to see if we pick up a new OC in the off season.

I have faith in Zim to straighten out the D and have who ever is there ready to play next year.

WWBGD

8. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    We lost our offensive coordinator mid season. What we need partly is a new offense plan. The one designed was for AP really and Bridgewater and his short passes. Bradford is a different QB and our running game sucked. Hard to have an offense that you worked on all pre season then have it disappear in the first couple weeks of the season. That leaves u making stuff up on the fly and coupled with an oline that disappeared as well its just tough to win games. It will be interesting to see if we pick up a new OC in the off season.

I have faith in Zim to straighten out the D and have who ever is there ready to play next year.
    I hope your right on Zim. I have faith in him, but to many times the Vikes didn't make halftime adjustments and faltered. Now I'm hoping that had to do more with personnel than Zimmer's coaching ability, but if they upgrade the OL like they should, then we will see.

1) From my POV, Shurmur earned the OC position. But, I love the approach Zimmer is taking, evaluating everyone's performance. I think Shurmur will be the OC, but, we shall see.
    2) Zimmer's public introspection regarding the mid-season slump and holding himself accountable is not only spot on, it's the kind of leadership that is rare in today's NFL. Zim and the Players know that the home OT loss to Detroit is the reason this team isn't still playing. They had every chance to win vs. the Cowboys and on Thanksgiving vs. the Lions. In my view, they should have won those 3 games, at least 2 of them.
    3) Simply have got to bring in an explosive Rookie RB...there are plenty, and they will be available throughout the Draft.
    4) The 2016 Rookie Class is NOT a failure...yet. Yes, not much contribution in '16, but, Zimmer is tough on rookies and once they earn it, they will see the field. Let's judge when that does or doesn't happen next year.
    5) Bradford can sling it...no doubt he's a very talented passer. But, I'm not so sure Bradford is a winner...therein lies my biggest concern, even bigger than his ability to stay healthy. Bradford's stats this year are truly remarkable, given no running game or OLine consistently contributing. I'm in full agreement with the Trade and simply cannot imagine a season with Shaun Hill as the starting QB.

The Team did not quit on Zimmer, nor will they. Zimmer is THE best Head Coach the Vikings have had since Bud. This is far from a rebuild... Disappointed, unfulfilled, second guessing, agonizing losses, bonehead plays, yes...all that said, this injury battered team was a play or 2 from the Dance.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

I don't believe that the team quit on Zimmer. Some odd doings around Minnesota though. That much is certain!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast