Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vikings Colts

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I'm concerned about Zimmer too...his health. I can't imagine a scenario where he has "lost" the team.

Matt Vensel, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune breaks down some significant football reasons the Colts won. To me, the #1 and #2 reasons for the shellacking... 1) forcing Adrian Peterson early, before the offense was able to establish any thythm and, 2) ZERO pressure on one of the best QBs in the League. Here's Vensel's take:

Upon Further Review... Plenty of blame to go around after 'lackadaisical' Vikings embarrass in must-win game
    After the “lackadaisical” Vikings got stampeded by the so-so Colts, there was no reason for teammates to get in each other’s faces, unless the offense and defense wanted to debate which unit was more inept.
    By Matt Vensel - December 19, 2016 — 1:24pm

http://www.startribune.com/upon-furt...ame/407445246/
    Yep. I've gotten used to a poor to fair offensive unit, but to see our defense getting it jammed down their respective throats was hard to take.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I just cancelled my Sunday Ticket for next year. I can watch this team choke away season after season on the NFL Network. I work hard for my money, not lining the pockets of these players, coaches, and owners any longer.

Want to see heart? Look at Chicago. Yes, they ended up losing, but they were down by 17 with absolutely nothing to play for, and they tied it up. Had they called better plays in the redzone, GB would have had to get a TD to win it.

Now not only did they completely piss away a season, all they are doing now is giving the Eagles a better 1st round pick. Can't fucking use injuries as an excuse, our "so called awesome DL" couldn't get Luck with Indy starting 3 rookies on the OL. This team is soft, plain and simple. If you are good enough to make a NFL roster, then you should be good enough to step in and play well when needed. Obviously either the wrong decisions were made on the players who made the team, or the scouting team needs to go.

Someone's head needs to fucking roll after this season. Sprano needs to be the first to go with how he prepped this piece of shit OL. Turner wisely left, otherwise he would have been fired. Shurmur will likely get the axe, or move back to TE coach. The next OC better be someone that doesn't incorporate the WCO. Maybe Romo will come as a free agent, and we can bring Linehan back as OC.
    The catch 22 with the Sunday Ticket is, if your team is good, they are on enough regional national broadcasts to where the package isn't worth it. If they suck, you don't wanna watch them anyway.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

Quote Originally Posted by masswood View Post
    I have questions about Zimmer also. This team did not play for him yesterday at all. he may have lost this team I don't know, but it sure sucks being a vikings fan most of the time. I live in minnesota but work in wisconsin and it sure gets old listening to the packer fans belittle the vikings all the time.
    After that effort, you HAVE to look at the coach.

I'm not ready to throw Zimmer under the bus just yet. The Vikings have too many injuries and they just aren't very good right now. If you can't run the ball you aren't going to win- period. Zimmer isn't out there playing and he can't force these guys to bring it on Sunday. Sometimes teams are just flat for no discernible reason- see Deadskins last night. I do have concerns about Shurmur- I don't like his play calling but I'm no coach. Maybe he's hamstrung by what he's got to work with, but the plays don't seem very inventive or creative. I see plays every Sunday that I never see a Viking team run. We're simply a boring, zero-dimensional offense. If I was a DC I'd love playing us. The defense is plain worn out and the injuries are taking a toll. Smith must be the catalyst for the defense because they were nonexistent without him. Barr has regressed as well and the pass rush has faltered. Hopefully these guys will man up and play some football the last two weeks. They'd better or several of them won't be here next year. Zim will get the type of guys he wants.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Blog Entries
    I just wonder if the team is just not mentally tough, especially with all the injuries that have decimated the Vikings this year. Has it reached the point where a number of the players have just HAD IT with the season - and look forward to nothing more than the offseason? Or, are they so looking forward to playing the Packers on Christmas Eve that they totally overlooked the Colts?

I also wonder if Zimmer's eye is bothering him more than he's letting on - and if this is taking some of the "fire" out of his coaching. Could it be that he's trying to just make it through the season, so his eye can hopefully heal in the offseason?

No matter how you slice it, that was a PATHETIC performance on Sunday against the Colts. Their playoff hopes are really slim now.

6. Been a fan since the 60's. Don't know what to think. The injuries we suffered hurt a lot. The biggest loss was Bridgewater. You could feel the air run out of the team when he went down, much more than when AP went down. Add in someone getting knocked out pretty much every week it's bound to have a negative effect on team chemistry.

Yes there were coaching errors this year but look at last year's run...Zimm did a pretty good job. I'm not worried about his coaching abilities.

Without a 1st round pick our 2nd round & pretty much every pick in the 2017 draft is going to be very important. I don't know if there will be any first day starting OT's left when in comes to our pick but we have to find O lineman somewhere. We could be busy in FA.
    Good news is we have Bradford for another year & he'll be able to go through all the offseason camps & hopefully Bridgewater will be back, if not we will again be looking for a franchise QB.

I think if we had a 2016 draft do-over we would have picked an OT in the first round. In fact when it comes to building an offense you gotta solidify your O-Line before you look elsewhere. I mean history shows In every draft you can find that special WR & RB in the later rounds. Our scouts are just going to have to really do their homework.

Well a season that started with promise. Sadly was slipping away and really hate that for the team and the fans.
    Ready for Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by johnkdbr View Post
    I think if we had a 2016 draft do-over we would have picked an OT in the first round.
    No shit, considering our first round pick can't even get on the field. I think that's unacceptable in this day and age.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123