Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. We might become the only team that starts 5-0 to not make the playoffs. We have that to look forward to. After today's outcomes, it is going to be difficult.

I came away from the Dallas game optimistic about our team playing well against 10-1, now 11-1 Dallas. With a few days removed, I am less optimistic.

We didn't get blown out.
    There is always next year.
    There are no guarantees next year.

If we win the next two, we might get AP back, and we might get into the playoffs. We pretty much have to win out or the Lions have to lose out or pretty close to it. The Pack (tied) and the Lions are in our way.

As a fan, I think I got lazy and thought we were in the playoffs, I don't think our team did that. They played hard like they had to win every game. It was the injuries not just the season ending ones with the Oline but the bouts of injury bugs on defense also. We just have a bit more depth on defense.

Back to the Dallas game, I blame that on the special teams. Locke normally punts better than that. We normally don't fumble inside the 10 on punt returns. The rest of the game we held our own. It really was a must win game.

Take it easy Zim, get better!

Treadwell annoys me. Complains about not playing then can't run simple routes. With each game I regret not getting Myles Jack. I hope LT gets better soon. Maybe redshirting him is a good idea!

Does anyone else get the feeling we might be a bit more active in FA and trade market this off season? I think we have a championship winning defence so it might be the right time to invest in the offence and see if a few key trades for Oline men and development of LT and CP84 will help us over the edge next year

Players I would consider trading:
    AP
    Bradford (If Teddy is on track)
    J Wright
    LT

Also, how good is T-New, guy is a machine

3. Quote Originally Posted by UKPurple View Post
    Treadwell annoys me. Complains about not playing then can't run simple routes. With each game I regret not getting Myles Jack. I hope LT gets better soon. Maybe redshirting him is a good idea!

Does anyone else get the feeling we might be a bit more active in FA and trade market this off season? I think we have a championship winning defence so it might be the right time to invest in the offence and see if a few key trades for Oline men and development of LT and CP84 will help us over the edge next year

Players I would consider trading:
    AP
    Bradford (If Teddy is on track)
    J Wright
    LT

Also, how good is T-New, guy is a machine
    NO WAY can they trade Bradford! Even if Teddy is "ready to go". Teddy might never be the same and you really won't know until he is playing in full contact games. Going into next season without Bradford would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    We might become the only team that starts 5-0 to not make the playoffs. We have that to look forward to. After today's outcomes, it is going to be difficult.

I came away from the Dallas game optimistic about our team playing well against 10-1, now 11-1 Dallas. With a few days removed, I am less optimistic.

We didn't get blown out.
    There is always next year.
    There are no guarantees next year.

If we win the next two, we might get AP back, and we might get into the playoffs. We pretty much have to win out or the Lions have to lose out or pretty close to it. The Pack (tied) and the Lions are in our way.

As a fan, I think I got lazy and thought we were in the playoffs, I don't think our team did that. They played hard like they had to win every game. It was the injuries not just the season ending ones with the Oline but the bouts of injury bugs on defense also. We just have a bit more depth on defense.

Back to the Dallas game, I blame that on the special teams. Locke normally punts better than that. We normally don't fumble inside the 10 on punt returns. The rest of the game we held our own. It really was a must win game.

Take it easy Zim, get better!
    We are ALREADY the only team to start 5-0 and not make the playoffs ... 6-0 in fact.

The 2003 Minnesota Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by Holzberg View Post
    NO WAY can they trade Bradford! Even if Teddy is "ready to go". Teddy might never be the same and you really won't know until he is playing in full contact games. Going into next season without Bradford would be insane.
    I agree with this assessment. Barring someone offering us a first back for Sam and us thinking Teddy is ready to go for sure, we should not trade him.

I would be all for trading AP. I cannot imagine we would get anything for Jarius Wright.

The big question is trade them for who?

WWBGD

7. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    The big question is trade them for who?
    I know Dallas was interested in AP so we trade AP for Elliot

The days of Peterson having significant trade value are loooong gone. I believe that Spielman was trying to trade him after that exempt year, but not even Dallas was willing to give up much. The time to trade him was after his 2K year. The only player on that list with any value is Bradford. And no, we should not trade him. MAYBE if we could get that first rounder back. That isn't happening either though.

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    We are ALREADY the only team to start 5-0 and not make the playoffs ... 6-0 in fact.

Man, that was quite the day in week 17. Paul Allen's call was pretty priceless. "Nooooo!"

I think I'd put that as a tie for #2 on my dubious list, right next to '98. Not worse than Favre going Favre at the perfect moment though.

10. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post

Yep, I stumbled. Easier to forget sometimes. I at least knew we were setting another low bar moment. LOL it hurts!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast