Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 20 reasons/mistakes as to why Spielman has to go NOW!

1. Never, ever trade a first round pick unless you get a can't lose 23 year old franchise player that will be the face of your team for 10-15 years or you are in a Superbowl run near the trade deadline and that player will make you SB favorite.
    2.Treadwell draft pick. This is poor evaluating and no excuse to take a need pick like this as there is no excuse to keep making these poor evalutions on offense.
    3.Ponder pick set this team back 5 years and we are still seeing negative results from a pick that was one of the few busts of this 2011 first round.
    .4. Stubbornness- Starting with Blair Walsh, Rick refused to admit a mistake and that refusal cost the Vikings a playoff win last year.
    5.inability to build a OL. Most every good team is built from inside out. This is the worst OL over the past 5 years in the teams history.
    6. Teams did not like Sheriff Floyd in the 2013 draft and he fell of a reason, yet Rick ran to the podium and did not evaluate Floyd very well and it shows.
    7.Trade numerous assets for Cordarelle Patterson, Patterson is not a smart football player and doesn't fit the mold of what the Vikings say they want Smart Football players. Patterson has been a failure as wr and is only a Special Teams player at the end of the day.
    8.Not listening to Mike Zimmer on player evaluations. Zimmer was quoted on the 2016 Draft as saying "they finally listened to me"(after Vikings took 5th rounder K.Brothers)
    9 inability to draft/acquire skill players.
    10.major mistake in drafting for need over and over has hurt this roster.
    11. Matt Kalil- like many draft's Ricks gets fixated with a player and loses vision on players like Kuchley and other players that grade out higher...
    12.Not allowing Zimmer to hire all his guys. Special teams Coach and some of the coaching jobs were Spielman's choice, let Zimmer have control of his Coach's.
    13.Not trading up for player in the first like JJ Watt instead of trading down to acquire more picks you lose out on the franchise talented players.
    14.Complete blow of the 2016 draft. Not one player in the most recent draft has much of a shot.
    15.mismanaging salary cap.Poor decisions on contracts left this team in a bad way with the salary cap.
    16. personal feud with Nick Saban going back to his days as a Dolphins GM has left Rick avoiding Saban and not drafting Alabama players.
    17.Struggle to evaluate the QB position, at one point going back to Miami Rick was 0-16 at find ing a franchise QB, Rick had no interest in Derek Carr...
    18.numerous blown free agency signings from Jerome Simpson to Bowman, Schwartz, Carr and etc. etc. etc..
    19 Ricks word means nothing, he says they won't give up the future and the next day they trade for Bradford.
    20. Rick has overpaid on last few trades. Bradford would have been much cheaper if Rick showed patience, also over paid for Patterson to the Pats...
    Last edited by steelguitar; 11-28-2016 at 11:39 PM.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    1. Never, ever trade a first round pick unless you get a can't lose 23 year old franchise player that will be the face of your team for 10-15 years or you are in a Superbowl run near the trade deadline and that player will make you SB favorite.
    2.Treadwell draft pick. This is poor evaluating and no excuse to take a need pick like this as there is no excuse to keep making these poor evalutions on offense.
    3.Ponder pick set this team back 5 years and we are still seeing negative results from a pick that was one of the few busts of this 2011 first round.
    .4. Stubbornness- Starting with Blair Walsh, Rick refused to admit a mistake and that refusal cost the Vikings a playoff win last year.
    5.inability to build a OL. Most every good team is built from inside out. This is the worst OL over the past 5 years in the teams history.
    6. Teams did not like Sheriff Floyd in the 2013 draft and he fell of a reason, yet Rick ran to the podium and did not evaluate Floyd very well and it shows.
    7.Trade numerous assets for Cordarelle Patterson, Patterson is not a smart football player and doesn't fit the mold of what the Vikings say they want Smart Football players. Patterson has been a failure as wr and is only a Special Teams player at the end of the day.
    8.Not listening to Mike Zimmer on player evaluations. Zimmer was quoted on the 2016 Draft as saying "they finally listened to me"
    9 inability to draft/acquire skill players.
    10.major mistake in drafting for need over and over has hurt this roster.
    11. Matt Kalil- like many draft's Ricks gets fixated with a player and loses vision on players like Kuchley and other players that grade out higher...
    12.Not allowing Zimmer to hire all his guys. Special teams Coach and some of the coaching jobs were Spielman's choice, let Zimmer have control of his Coach's.
    13.Not trading up for player in the first like JJ Watt instead of trading down to acquire more picks you lose out on the franchise talented players.
    14.Complete blow of the 2016 draft. Not one player in the most recent draft has much of a shot.
    15.mismanaging salary cap.Poor decisions on contracts left this team in a bad way with the salary cap.
    16. personal feud with Nick Saban going back to his days as a Dolphins GM has left Rick avoiding Saban and not drafting Alabama players.
    17.Struggle to evaluate the QB position, at one point going back to Miami Rick was 0-16 at find ing a franchise QB, Rick had no interest in Derek Carr...
    18.numerous blown free agency signings from Jerome Simpson to Bowman, Schwartz, Carr and etc. etc. etc..
    19 Ricks word means nothing, he says they won't give up the future and the next day they trade for Bradford.
    20. Rick has overpaid on last few trades. Bradford would have been much cheaper if Rick showed patience, also over paid for Patterson to the Pats...
    I would welcome an in person discussion, rather than an internet debate. I will only point out that your points #8 and #14 seem to be contradictory...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

3. All I know is that after a 5-0 start they went on their bye and came back forgetting how to play the game. Went from a powerhouse in the league to a complete joke in 2 weeks time. It's always the same ole song and dance with this team. Let's face it, they are the Chicago cubs of the NFL. Make sure you let the next few generations know to keep their eyes on the Vikes, because it will be long after all of us on this site are dead before this team becomes SB Champions, if at all.

Wow. That was quite the list. I think Spielman is a middle of the road GM. He's not great and doesn't hit homeruns late in the draft, but his high round picks are pretty soild and we've made some good FA choices as well.

A guy like Linval was a great FA pickup, for instance. And guys like EG, Hunter, Diggs, etc. were all guys who he saw potential in that ended up panning out. It's really just the O-line that he has whiffed on (and not paid enough attention to.)

You also can't draft well enough to overcome this many injuries, so I'm going to chill on Spielman for now.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I would welcome an in person discussion, rather than an internet debate. I will only point out that your points #8 and #14 seem to be contradictory...

Zimmer was refering to Kentrell Brothers(5th round) implying Spiel was not involving Zimmer into the draft decisions up until the 5th round.

Blog Entries
    For the record, it's my opinion that the entire 2016 season be considered a mulligan because of the extreme impact of injuries on the team. Rick Spielman did not cause the injuries to occur. I cannot recall a season like this in 52 years of life! If you want to replace Spielman, with whom would you suggest?

7. Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    For the record, it's my opinion that the entire 2016 season be considered a mulligan because of the extreme impact of injuries on the team. Rick Spielman did not cause the injuries to occur. I cannot recall a season like this in 52 years of life! If you want to replace Spielman, with whom would you suggest?
    Spielman always gets a free pass as some fans set the bar so low. Once Spielman traded our first rounder for next year he proved this season won't be a mulligan but a very costly one.

I think we are going to have to start calling you scroogeguitar.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    Spielman always gets a free pass as some fans set the bar so low. Once Spielman traded our first rounder for next year he proved this season won't be a mulligan but a very costly one.

So who would you replace him with and who do you think he would bring in as a coach and QB as Zim and Bridgewater are tied to Spielman or are you just happy to have Rick fired and the Wilfs will just move George Paton up and continue with the status quo and blow it all up again in two years again.....or sooner like the Browns do

10. Horrible officiating tonight. Newman got held on Elliots run that set up the Cowgirls field goal. They grab Bradfords face mask on the two point conversion. No call. Pathetic. I swear the game is rigged sometimes. We got screwed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast