Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disappointing

1. I wouldn't call it disappointing as much as I would call it a letdown. I know starters are starters and backups are backups, but if you are good enough to be on a 53 man NFL roster, then you shouldn't have that much of a problem.

Khalil was decent the first 2 games, but definitely not a top notch LT. Johnson was an ok RT, again nothing special. AD was averaging his lowest total in his career before being injured. So not only did we win the first two games of the season with them, we won 3 more in a row without all of them. So we have essentially the same roster as the beginning of the season, and now they have all kinds of issues.

Plain and simple there is no excuse for this crap. They went from being a legit SB contender to the laughing stock of the league. They do this all the time, and it's getting extremely old. After losing 4 Super Bowls, then choking every chance they got since then, they are a joke around the league, and that's why nobody gives the any respect. If they lost 2 straight to the Lions, and to the hapless Bears, there is no saying that they will lose the rest of the way. They will definitely get their asses handed to them by Dallas next Thursday.

After watching them go 5-0 and being the last unbeaten team, we could very well see this team finish 6-10 and miss the playoffs. That is not disappointing, that is a epic failure.

2. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    As disappointed as I am at this point in the season it does bring a small smile to my face everytime I think about the Packers season.
    The Bears and Packers at the bottom of the division is always a win

3. The season is far from over...I'm frustrated, but, no way I'm giving up

SKOL Vikings...buck up fellas

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Yes it's been extremely frustrating. Remember what a disaster the Cowboys were the past few seasons? Now look. Two rookies, a decent defense, and they're 10 and 1? Is that the difference? No. It's their offensive line is one of the best in football. They can run block and pass protect. The Vikings can do neither. The Vikings can only win with defense if the offense can eat clock and keep the other team's offense off the field. They must be able to run the football to do that. And we simply can't run. The Vikings are a tough watch right now. The offense is putrid and the defense is crumbling because they are on the field too much in bad situations. I'm not real optimistic that Zim can fix the issues that confront him.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    The season is far from over...I'm frustrated, but, no way I'm giving up

I remain hopeful as well but if the Cowboys blow us out it is pretty much season over I think. I will be happy even if we lose as long as we are still in the game at the end.

WWBGD

6. Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    The season is far from over...I'm frustrated, but, no way I'm giving up

It's not far from over, after this Thursday they will be a .500 team. Seeing as though they have lost 2 games to the Lions, and 1 so far to the Bears, no game the rest of the way is a "guaranteed" win. That includes the Jags. I could see them losing out and going 6-10 on the season after starting 5-0. That is unacceptable, and something needs to happen to send a message.

7. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I remain hopeful as well but if the Cowboys blow us out it is pretty much season over I think. I will be happy even if we lose as long as we are still in the game at the end.
    At this point I'm not even hopeful, more like pissed off. There is no excuse for what this team is doing. If you can't find suitable backups, then what good are you as a coaching staff or front office? This entire situation is pathetic.

8. Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    At this point I'm not even hopeful, more like pissed off. There is no excuse for what this team is doing. If you can't find suitable backups, then what good are you as a coaching staff or front office? This entire situation is pathetic.
    lets face it we went into the season with a below average o line with even worst back ups ...if we are lucky in two years we can have a c+ or b- oline but who will be are back ...we have along way to go ...you have seen other franchises same problem either a high powered offense or a killer defense ...never be able to get it all together..
    i like zims approach drafting guys and coaching them up .. but some times you just need a blue chip guy ..what o linemen will come to minnesota with no running back ..guys want monet but they want to play with good guys

Really hope that the team can rebound. As really what started as a promising season. Now really not so!
    Ready for Christmas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12