Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointing

1. Disappointing

Seriously, is there a more disappointing franchise in NFL history than the Minnesota Vikings? Can we get a better running back than jerrick mckinnion. I know everybody is going to say its the offensive line, but he doesn't run hard,cant break a tackle (ever) and he is not that fast. I would much rather see Matt Asiata play more than Mckinnion, at least he will get you a couple of yards with hard work instead of a tackle for a loss with jerrick.

Joe

I've endured 50 years of last second, lose from ahead, gut wrenching, disappointing losses. Two, in the last 3 weeks to Detroit...never thought I'd ever actually type that.

McKinnon continues to diasppoint. Diggs, Newman, and Sherels out this game hurt bad. Rudy went down at a bad time, Stafford running for a 1st down on 3rd and 15 was a killer... Patterson lining up wrong...ditto. Vikes Defense held the Lions to 16 points...and lost. I thought Phil Simms made an excellent point (one) during the broadcast, "Vikings offense, due to not being able to run the ball or protect the passer, needs to be nearly perfect in order to score. They can't overcome penalties and keep a drive alive." Vikes played our 6th Offensive Tackle this year in this game...at some point, second and third stringers just can't finish the job.

We Vikings fans perservere...unfortunately, it's what we do.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

3. MaxVike, I agree with your accessment. Been watching vikings since I have been 5 and am now 55. I have come to the conclusion That I will never see a championship in my lifetime. Maybe the Gophers can surprise and beat Wisconsin Saturday for some consolation!

Joe

4. As a long time fan who has backed this team through player changes, coaching changes, ownership changes, and even a few stadium changes, I am not surprised at this collapse. If they couldn't do it with Bud Grant, Tark, the PPE's, or with Green, Carter, Moss, and Culpepper, how does anyone expect them to do it now? We all want to see this team win the SB in our lifetime, but that is wishful thinking at best.

Every single time in the history of this team, if they were getting high praise, or being picked at SB favorites, they have always found a way to fall flat on their faces and let their fan base down.

My wife and I went to the Texans game in Minnesota. When we left, they had won their 5th in a row and were the last undefeated team in the league before going into their bye week. I told my wife it was looking good, but I will never get excited about this team going to the SB and winning until it happens. They have a history of derailing and letting their fans down. So this to me is not unexpected, it's not surprising, and it's not out of the norm, it's sadly the Vikings way.

5. Agreed, don't know why I waste my time on them.

Quote Originally Posted by masswood View Post
    Agreed, don't know why I waste my time on them.
    fandom...Fandom
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    For the wiki hosting service, see Wikia.
    Harry Potter fans dressed as Hogwarts students

Fandom is a term used to refer to a subculture composed of fans characterized by a feeling of empathy and camaraderie with others who share a common interest. Fans typically are interested in even minor details of the object(s) of their fandom and spend a significant portion of their time and energy involved with their interest, often as a part of a social network with particular practices (a fandom); this is what differentiates "fannish" (fandom-affiliated) fans from those with only a casual interest.

A fandom can grow around any area of human interest or activity. The subject of fan interest can be narrowly defined, focused on something like an individual celebrity, or more widely defined, encompassing entire hobbies, genres or fashions. While it is now used to apply to groups of people fascinated with any subject, the term has its roots in those with an enthusiastic appreciation for sports. Merriam-Webster's dictionary traces the usage of the term back as far as 1903.[1] It is formed of the word fan plus the suffix -dom (as in kingdom).

Fandom as a term can also be used in a broad sense to refer to the interconnected social networks of individual fandoms, many of which overlap.

7. 60 years old here. Watched Vikings first game as a kid with my uncle in MN. I will never give up on the Vikings. We got killed by the injury bug this year. It happens. I will bleed purple until I die.

Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    60 years old here. Watched Vikings first game as a kid with my uncle in MN. I will never give up on the Vikings. We got killed by the injury bug this year. It happens. I will bleed purple until I die.
    As will I thorshammer, as will I. Went to the Giants game in the brandy new stadium...it's amazing. My bride and I are proud Vikings fans for life and have a Legend Brick in the center of the Viking Ship in front of the stadium.

It's often maddening, but, I love Zimmer (as a man, survivor, role model, and coach). A healthy Vikings Team is 8-3...at a minimum IMHO.

I look forward to stopping the HATED (those that were Vikings fans who witnessed the 'Hail Mary' will get it) Cowboys winning streak. They are healthy, they are good...how painful is that to acknowledge?

SKOL Vikings

As disgusted as I get by losing to the Lions twice in one season, I can't give up on the Vikings. We are fans, it's not like we could wake up one day and say "I think I'm going to be a Patriots fan from now on".

After witnessing the Cubs win the World Series this year, I know anything is possible. I just hope I'm alive to see the Vikings do it.

Qui tacet, consentit.

As disappointed as I am at this point in the season it does bring a small smile to my face everytime I think about the Packers season.

WWBGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast