Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walsh

Walsh has just been released.

Qui tacet, consentit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingMike View Post
    Walsh has just been released.
    Unfortunately, I think this is the right decision for the team - and for the fan base. Blair Walsh was a professional - and by his missed extra points, was not doing his job. I think Walsh just has not recovered emotionally from the missed FG in the NFC playoff game against Seattle.

One of the things that I learned as a young actuarial trainee (months out of college) is that part of a well-developed attitude is the ability to bounce back from things that go wrong in life. I just think Walsh never bounced back from that big missed kick. I wish him the best for the future! Now. on to the next kicker...

When the coach and fan base loses faith in you to perform your job its pretty much over for you. Can't say I am sorry to see him go. I hope he can find another team and can pull it together.

WWBGD

Things have gotten so bad for Walsh that the Seahawks aren't even jumping into the dumpster to nab him

5. Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    Unfortunately, I think this is the right decision for the team - and for the fan base. Blair Walsh was a professional - and by his missed extra points, was not doing his job. I think Walsh just has not recovered emotionally from the missed FG in the NFC playoff game against Seattle.

One of the things that I learned as a young actuarial trainee (months out of college) is that part of a well-developed attitude is the ability to bounce back from things that go wrong in life. I just think Walsh never bounced back from that big missed kick. I wish him the best for the future! Now. on to the next kicker...
    It isn't just his head, it is the team's head. Each guy on that team has a memory of what happened. On a new team, he can let it go. On the Vikings, when he misses it is negativity for the whole team because they all associate with the original miss. If he would have killed it at the beginning of the year, last season's playoff miss would have been more easily forgotten and forgiven. He just couldn't overcome it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12